Page 3 of 4

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:33 am
by Johnnyp
Well actually I'm a full blooded Mexican living in Texas. I've actually been encouarged by a lot of people that I should open a resturant but I won't because that is one of the hardest jobs in the world. One of the highest compliments I've ever recieved was that I could make dirt taste good. To be honest unless Jemaine has spent any time in either Mexico or certaing parts of the US I doubt he's had real Mexican food.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:35 am
by conchordgirl
Johnnyp wrote:Well actually I'm a full blooded Mexican living in Texas. I've actually been encouarged by a lot of people that I should open a resturant but I won't because that is one of the hardest jobs in the world. One of the highest compliments I've ever recieved was that I could make dirt taste good. To be honest unless Jemaine has spent any time in either Mexico or certaing parts of the US I doubt he's had real Mexican food.


Well, Johnny I had no idea. My mom was born in Mexico and I've been traveling there ever since I can remember. And of course, I'm in Texas so we are close neighbors! Howdy! :) Every time I travel to Mexico there are two places I stop..One is a restaurant called El Rancho on the way to Monterrey but it's become "Americanized" with a Subway and Church's. :( and then there is a hotel in Matehuala that has the best "arroz con pollo"..yum..always have to stop there. Or maybe I like it because it's the only real place to eat since it's in the middle of nowhere. Mexican food changes the further south, east, west you go. In Nayarit, I asked for Shrimp and got a plate with these huge full bodied shrimp looking at me with their sad eyes. I forgot you had to ask them to cook them a certain way. And my mom still tells the story of eating iguana in I think it was Cancun. I love Mexico. Where in Texas are you Johnny? And of course, the offer is always open to show Jemaine the "real" mexico. :wink:

--Nicole

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:22 pm
by indigo_jones
What is the nickname you secretly wished you were called?

J: Snake-hips

I got a bit of a surprise with that answer, especially considering it was one of my questions (suggested by a friend of mine). Snake hips used to be one of my dad's nicknames for me when I was growing up. Really.

As for the Death is not an option: Loverboy or New Kids -- despite hating both bands, thus death is not an option -- I'm glad he went with Loverboy (based on the name). He's a lover, not a fighter! :wink: For the record, they are a Canadian band, not an American one. (Although, I'm not sure how many Canadians would appreciate me pointing that out. :wink: )

I can't wait for the big January Fiesta! :sombrero: :party:

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:37 pm
by Deirdre
Thank You Jemaine for answering all of our questions. And we knew you would be as lovely as you are. Now, about you not being famous..

Only famous people have fan clubs and "insane" people writing about them all the time. You probably don't think of yourself as famous because you are such a down to earth kinda guy. And that's part of why we love you. Of course there are lots of reasons we love you. You can just read up and see.

And if it's really OK with you, we all want kisses when we see you. Well maybe not the guys.

So, I hope you are reading this. And by the way...I cook pretty good mexican food, too.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:21 pm
by djdeathskiss
'Snake-hips'

HA! If he ever does a solo project, it should be called 'Snake-hips'. :D

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:04 am
by Johnnyp
I'm in the DFW area. 8)

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:47 am
by conchordgirl
Johnnyp wrote:I'm in the DFW area. 8)


Me too! Freaky! I am constantly amazed how many Texans and Southerners are signed up here. Weird..

--Nicole

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:58 am
by Andria
indigo_jones wrote:Snake hips used to be one of my dad's nicknames for me when I was growing up. Really.


No?! Really? That is a little spooky... :what:

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:13 am
by conchordgirl
Getting back to the topic..I think the thing I liked about Jemaine's answers is that his honesty and sweetness comes through. I have no doubt that these answers are from him, he doesn't have to be funny all the time for us to love him. Anyway, Thanks Jemaine, Rhys and of course, Sherry for doing this. Now we have Bret's answer to look forward to..

--Nicole

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:00 pm
by Ellen
I’m just glad he didn’t counter with queries for us. And here are: Jemaine’s Questions for You! Bad. That would’ve been bad. It would have completely spoiled the mystery that is this forum.

Honestly though, this has been really great. It was fun reading everyone’s terrific questions and gaining some insight through the answers. I especially love finding out about new music (well, new to me anyway). Everything worked out splendidly. How often do you get the chance to participate in something like this? Thanks again, Jemaine, and everyone.

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:42 pm
by Sherry
conchordgirl wrote:Getting back to the topic..I think the thing I liked about Jemaine's answers is that his honesty and sweetness comes through. I have no doubt that these answers are from him, he doesn't have to be funny all the time for us to love him. Anyway, Thanks Jemaine, Rhys and of course, Sherry for doing this. Now we have Bret's answer to look forward to..

--Nicole


Hehe :)

They sure don't come from me :P He's been very gracious about the whole thing and was happy to take part. And kudos to Rhys also for being a good sport and jumping onboard also. I appreciate them doing this as much (maybe a little more even) than you do.

Posted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:03 am
by Johnnyp
conchordgirl wrote:
Johnnyp wrote:I'm in the DFW area. 8)


Me too! Freaky! I am constantly amazed how many Texans and Southerners are signed up here. Weird..

--Nicole

Well Hello neighbor "lady" 8)

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:35 am
by indigo_jones
If you're interested in hearing/seeing some of The Phoenix Foundation, go here.

This is my new favorite site for all things NZ music.

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:50 pm
by Kate
^ Whoa, Indigo! That site is great! It is now bookmarked on my "Favorites" list. Thank you so much! :D

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:53 pm
by indigo_jones
That site is also dangerous. It's whipped Andria and I into a frenzy of wanting new music. Must. Resist. Until. Christmas.