Nigel Collins

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years...
closet jemainiac

Re: Nigel Collins

Postby closet jemainiac » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:09 am

:lol: he looks tore up from the floor up! :lol:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:31 am

Here's our own DandyLyons and a friend with Nigel in Vancouver:

There's another WTFer who was so chuffed to meet Nigel and got a great pic with him and I'm embarrassed to say I'm drawing a blank on who it was! :oops:

Someone help me out....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:40 am

Wasn't it mock? If I recall correctly, mock got Nigel's email.

And didn't Nigel invite Dandy and her friends for coffee or something after she mentioned she was planning a trip to NZ? Or am I making this up (wishful thinking perhaps)? I could have sworn this happened to someone. I so would have taken him up on that offer.

I can't remember who else got their photo taken with him. :hrm:
Last edited by vmh on Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:48 am

Nigel, my heart is liquid, it melted when I met you. :love: :heartbeat: :love: Nonch you are amazing. Thanks for posting the latest pics, he is so delicious. Nigelicious.
Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:12 am

vmh wrote:Wasn't it mock? If I recall correctly, mock got Nigel's email.

And didn't Nigel invite Dandy and her friends for coffee or something after she mentioned she was planning a trip to NZ? Or am I making this up (wishful thinking perhaps)? I could have sworn this happened to someone. I so would have taken him up on that offer.

I can't remember who else got their photo taken with him. :hrm:

No, I was just in the tour thread reading Dandy's acct...he gave them suggestions of where to go when they were in Wellington the following month and they chatted for a while. Had a wonderful meet with Nigel and Jemaine. :)

But that coffee invite rings a bell....maybe who I'm trying to think of??

The person I'm remembering is a big fan of Nigel's and was wearing a hat her sister made....maybe? That's what I'm remembering. And Nigel had that big bunch of hair under a hat, i think.... :hrm: Must've been earlier in the tour cuz it was chilly/rainy...grrr! It's gonna drive me crazy!

4e! That's a great pic! Since I know what you look like, my brain just goes right ahead and puts you back in there. :)
ImageImage

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:20 am

Hmm the only other account which sticks out in my mind of a WTF-er meeting Nigel is ASmallTurnip's account in Toronto.

Aww lovely pic, 4ever and just as Laura said I'm putting your beautiful face back in that picture in my mind ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

songbird

Postby songbird » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:54 am

LauraK wrote:There's another WTFer who was so chuffed to meet Nigel and got a great pic with him and I'm embarrassed to say I'm drawing a blank on who it was! :oops:

Someone help me out....

I'm almost positive it was ASmallTurnip. I remember seeing the pic in the Toronto thread. She was extremely excited about it, and I don't blame her :D
"We're addressing the issues but we're keeping it funky."

Image Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:09 am

Yep, I was in that thread when the board stopped working for me again...grrrr...

Here she is with Nigel:

Well, Nigel in the hat I remember.....but I still remember someone else who either had on a hat made by their sister of their sister was also there in a hat, lol.....that sticks in my strange brain for some reason.

(But we're getting lovely shots of Nigel and WTFers, eh? Turns out some of the ones who meet him seem to go away though.....:( Come back!)
ImageImage

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:24 am

Wow, 4ever! Nigel is smoking hot in your photo, his hair all tousled and scruffy. :snakeman: Did you muss up his hair? :eyelashes: Is this when he promised the WIUO US tour? C'mon Nigel, don't let us down. :pray:
Image..Image..Image

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:31 am

He told Dandy they were coming here next year, too. :) He said he wasn't sure if they'd make Canada, but if they did- definitely Vancouver!
ImageImage

4everconchordsfan

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:43 am

Awww. thanks guys.

I was so excited to meet him. He was so great to me, he talked to me for at least 20 minutes I'd say. We talked about WIUO coming to the U.S., he told me that he was working on a project & writing with a friend, we talked about why he didnt tour with the guys before this (he said his visa wasnt in proper order at the time), we talked about the songs they played for NZ WIUO gigs, we talked a lot about the WIUO cd, um im trying to think...All I could think about was how much I wanted to touch his hair, LOL. He is a super nice guy. It was so cold that night and it was at least 130am if not later & he was the only one who stuck around & indulged the fans. He had a lot of fans out there. He seemed quite taken by that. It is very memorable and I'd love to have the chance again.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Ahhh, nonch, you're good for your word :D
Thank you so much for the new pics. Wonderful! this one especially... :love:
nonchalant obsession wrote:I few of Nigel that I had...

I think I've got a couple more that haven't been in this thread yet, but will have to wait till I get home to share them.
BUT, since we're sharing meet'n'greets, I have to put this here
:heart:

oh, and this is another one I took in Leigh :D
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:10 pm

4everconchordsfan wrote:Awww. thanks guys.

I was so excited to meet him. He was so great to me, he talked to me for at least 20 minutes I'd say. We talked about WIUO coming to the U.S., he told me that he was working on a project & writing with a friend,

Also, just wanted to say, this is so good to hear. I'm really kicking myself for not asking him what he was working on/ planning for the future. :doh:
After doing a fair bit of googling ( :oops: ), it's pretty obvious that Nigel's done a lot of acting, mainly theatre, and co-written/devised at least a couple of well-received productions. So yay for more of that :D
BUT he must find it hard getting pulled in so many directions, with the WIUO planning to tour again in March (with at least 2 more gigs already booked in for Jan/Feb), and Bret talking about FotC tours (UK mid next year, and poss NZ/Aus before that??). I wonder how he manages to juggle it all?
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:38 pm

Love love LOVE that pic of Nonch's of Nige with the black polka dot shirt and pink tie - YOWZA :heart: !

Red
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Red » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:16 am

Aw, Hel, that's such an adorable picture of you and Nigel! You both look so happy and lovely. :D

Return to “Conchords Cohorts”