The Phoenix Foundation

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years...
indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Re: The Phoenix Foundation

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 am

They have played UK dates in the past when they did their short US tours, too. I'm hoping that a more solid base in the UK will mean a few hops over to the mainland, though. I know Adi Dick and Lawrence Arabia, among others, have done shows here in the Netherlands when they've been based in the UK. *fingers crossed* It would be nice to finally see them without having to take a plane trip!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

emira
Half a shapely halibut

Postby emira » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:41 am

4everconchordsfan
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby 4everconchordsfan » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:29 am

Last edited by 4everconchordsfan on Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
"they're my celebrities, they're what I care about"

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:35 am

The forum has been there for years (as you can see). I've met some really great people through their forum. Sam pops in on occasion.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

emira
Half a shapely halibut

Postby emira » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:11 am

4everconchordsfan wrote:The boys are constructing a new website, there are a few things floating on the site already, the fanfic section is going to be viry interesting, there are a couple videos there already. There is a forum there too.

http://thephoenixfoundation.tumblr.com/

and they do mention a gig in New York... via tweet..."U.S. launch will be a gig in NYC 2010."

Are they talking about their or Stroke's gig?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:28 am

Just got this in my email:

New Album Announced!

Hi Everyone!

We’re very, very pleased to announce that our brand new album Buffalo is now finished, and will be released in NZ on MONDAY 26 APRIL 2010!

The new first single and album title track ‘Buffalo’ is released to radio next week, AND then, for a very limited time will be able as a FREE DOWNLOAD, along with an exclusive non-album B-side.

Listen out to the b.net breakfast this coming Tuesday 9 March for the first chance to hear the new track, and the free downloads will be available from next Thursday onwards! More info soon.

Buffalo will be released and available in physical and digital formats, AND as a limited edition 12’’ vinyl release.

A limited number of Collectors Edition Packages will be available from our website, with pre-sales starting from March 29.

Initially recorded at The Car Club, Buffalo was eventually finished with producer Lee Prebble at The Surgery in Newtown, with the help of Brett Stanton.

We think it’s our most collaborative and unique work thus far. A combination of the avant-garde experiments of earlier albums Pegasus and Horsepower and the kaleidoscopic pop of Happy Ending, Buffalo marks a new chapter in the band’s development as The Phoenix Foundation endeavour to create the music of the present for the future.

In April you’ll get the chance to hear selected tracks from Buffalo before its released, and in a few weeks time we’ll also be announcing a T.shirt/T.towell design competition – so, budding designers stay tuned.

So, lots and lots of things coming your way. We’ll let you know about the free download as soon as its starts, but get in quick as it wont be available for long.

Cheers. The Phoenix Foundation

8)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

emira
Half a shapely halibut

Postby emira » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:13 pm

You can download their two new tracks from their coming album for free for limited time:

http://thephoenixfoundation.tumblr.com/ ... e-download

You can hear a little bit of Buffalo in the second trailer of Taika's BOY so I think this songs is going to be also on the sountrack :D.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:53 pm

I just purchased the new PF album today :D

Before going for it I listened to four tracks on Youtube:

Brilliant music!! :supz: I just know this will be the soundtrack of Summer of 2010 :rock:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

emira
Half a shapely halibut

Postby emira » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:38 pm

biscuit wrote:I just purchased the new PF album today :D

Brilliant music!! :supz: I just know this will be the soundtrack of Summer of 2010 :rock:

:yay: :thumb:

I was ready to buy the album without all those teasers last week. Actually, I pre-ordered it as soon as the pre-sale was announced :D . :love:

Talking about the soundtrack, I hope we'll know some details about the BOY soundtrack soonish. :heart:

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:00 am

From their newsletter email:

Thursday September 30, 2010

TPF join the fold at Memphis Industries

Hi folks! We are super-excited to announce that we've signed a record deal with UK label Memphis Industries, which will see The Phoenix Foundation's fourth album, Buffalo released in the UK & Europe in early 2011. The first single 'Pot' will be released in November, watch the video!

The London-based Memphis Industries is home to some choice-as bands such as Field Music, The Go! Team and of course our wonderful compatriots The Ruby Suns. The Phoenix Foundation will head to Europe in January 2011 for a release tour, before returning again later next year. We'll be announcing the tour dates very soon, stay tuned.

So if any of you are in Europe, see ya at the shows - please bring your friends...and if you're not in Europe then tell your cousins Yuri and Vladimir to 'czech' us out. We'd really appreciate that.

This is actually rather exciting for us, so a big thanks from the band to our tireless visionaries Craig and Matt of Triple M.

Lots of hugs. XX
TPF

PS. The music awards are next week. We are gonna be playing at them. You can watch it on tv! I hope we get to meet Dane, but we might be too shy....

Yesssss! Congrats to TPF on the record deal! The January 2011 European tour! :supz: :whitey: :yay:
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:30 am

YAY! This is great news. The lads are getting some connections in Europe and soon the US!! I hope they come back here and tour, at least a few more cities. I would love them here in Phoenix!! It has to happen eventually!

Love their music - dig the band!!
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Venus wrote:So if any of you are in Europe, see ya at the shows - please bring your friends...and if you're not in Europe then tell your cousins Yuri and Vladimir to 'czech' us out.

Oh man. :lol:

That's awesome news - they deserve wider exposure.

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 am

Excellent! :D They're even putting my fav track out as a single. I hope they pick it up all the way up here too. Nothing would thrill me more than to hear PF o the radio :lalala:

I'll have to start saving for concert tickets :)

ItsAllRyche

Postby ItsAllRyche » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:07 am

Biscuit your fav track? I am having a hard time chosing one song, although Sally is always at the top 3 for me. A while back on their website we listed music for a best of cd. I had to make mine a 2 cd set!! :clap: :rolleyes:
[img]Arj-Barker-Banner-arj-barker-230459_800_100[/img]

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:27 am

Yeah, it says that 'Pot' will be their first single, and I love Pot :lol: I am a huge fan of Flock of Hearts as well, but Pot just puts me in a special mood.

Now this is starting to sound all wrong... Hee hee :lol:

Return to “Conchords Cohorts”