Ronald Hugh Morrieson - Predicament's Author

Friends of the Conchords and those who've worked with them over the years...
helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: 'Predicament' the book

Postby helgecko » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:30 am

Hooray! :D
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Thu Aug 27, 2009 12:58 pm

helgecko-I just sent you a PM!

I, too, thought it would be cool to see where all the book has traveled, but didn't really think to mention it to SA. Glad you did--and glad she thinks it's a good idea!

Ozpot
Getting lewd with the food

Postby Ozpot » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:07 pm

I think I'll ask Suzy if I can borrow her copy now... :stick:
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:34 pm

I'm just finishing up chapter 10...it is REALLY good so far... no sign of Spook though - hmmm :hrm:

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Ozpot wrote:I think I'll ask Suzy if I can borrow her copy now... :stick:

Just a warning flag: I do not think she has recieved it yet because I mailed it earlier in the week....
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:36 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:I'm just finishing up chapter 10...it is REALLY good so far... no sign of Spook though - hmmm :hrm:

Patience, grasshopper!
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:36 pm

not clicking spoiler box...notclickingspoilerbox...
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:37 pm

haha, it's probably not even a spoiler or anything, Laura - but I just want to err on the safe.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:03 am

Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm almost done, I swear. :lol: I'm sure you're all as anxious to find out more about The Spook as I am. I started the book but then school started last week and well, you know. But I'm halfway through it and I should finish it up tomorrow. The chapters are really short (about 2-5 pages long).

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
My book is the version published in 1986 by Penguin Books. There is an image of Cedric, The Spook, and Mervyn on the front cover. They made The Spook look much older than he is. If I remember correctly, he's only 24 in the book. And he's bald, frail thin, and a little awkward. It's going to be interesting to see how Jemaine interprets the character.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

SuzyBatt
Lucky for me I have a short attention sp ....

Postby SuzyBatt » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:07 am

DangerMouse wrote:
Ozpot wrote:I think I'll ask Suzy if I can borrow her copy now... :stick:

Just a warning flag: I do not think she has recieved it yet because I mailed it earlier in the week....

Oh, just saw this. And no, I have not received it yet. And a further warning: I am a slow reader... But will do my best :read:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 am

vmh wrote:Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm almost done, I swear. :lol: I'm sure you're all as anxious to find out more about The Spook as I am. I started the book but then school started last week and well, you know. But I'm halfway through it and I should finish it up tomorrow. The chapters are really short (about 2-5 pages long).

My book is the version published in 1986 by Penguin Books. There is an image of Cedric, The Spook, and Mervyn on the front cover. They made The Spook look much older than he is. If I remember correctly, he's only 24 in the book. And he's bald, frail thin, and a little awkward. It's going to be interesting to see how Jemaine interprets the character.

vmh,the Spook had a very hard life, and I wonder if 24 in the 1930s for someone like him would be like being in their mid-30s now?
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:18 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:
vmh wrote:Sorry to keep you guys waiting. I'm almost done, I swear. :lol: I'm sure you're all as anxious to find out more about The Spook as I am. I started the book but then school started last week and well, you know. But I'm halfway through it and I should finish it up tomorrow. The chapters are really short (about 2-5 pages long).

vmh,the Spook had a very hard life, and I wonder if 24 in the 1930s for someone like him would be like being in their mid-30s now?

mohumbhai mania, Oh, yes! Good point! I didn't even think about their ages in relation to the time frame. I think you're right. People had shorter life spans back then.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:23 am

I just wanted to say I am REALLY enjoying it so far! I am about halfwaydone and hope to read a bunch tomorrow since I will have 3 hours between each of my classes - barf.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:00 am

I am looking forward to reading the book, but don't feel like you have to rush it, vmh. Thanks again for agreeing to lend it to me. :thumb:

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:19 am

Vmh- what Mock said.. no need to be rushed. Just knowing Ill be able to read it without spending a small fortune is pretty awesome :wink:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Conchords Cohorts”