Episode 7 - Drive By - Conchords HBO series

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
inspirado
New arrival

Episode 7 - Drive By - Conchords HBO series

Postby inspirado » Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:11 am

What a brilliant episode tonight. They have hit their groove!!!!!
Layered plot writing, weaving Albi into a racist storyline, mother uckers ucking with my shi, Murray getting jiggy wit it and proving that lyrics AND words are easier while in despair rather than love, and the most important educational lesson of them all, mistaken identity racism is OK!

This show is top notch. I love it.

Remember, the bird with wings flapping is just like waving to two people on either side of you.

Johnny P,
I know this isn't in the right section. Sorry for starting a new post but I was thinking that it is easier to go to a link for a specific episode to discuss it.

Your thoughts?
It's business, it's business time!

veganmo
New arrival

Postby veganmo » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:09 am

I loved loved loved it

Especially Jemaines sexy dance during Murrays leggy blonde song
Are you ready to folk?
cuz... uh if your ready to folk then... we're... we're ready... we're practically ready...

I'm ready...

ok... we're ready... let's folk it

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:46 am

Well here are my thoughts...

I'd left the HBO thread to grow as there was not *masses* of posts being made each week on each episode. It is now fairly long and I can see the benefits of having a new weekly thread for the remaining episodes. I'd rather not see a number of new threads started on the same subject each week however.

So I'll leave this one to stand and lock any others that have sprung up and hope that people will repost here if they need/want. I'd also hope that whoever actually starts the thread each week posts something that will kick start a discussion and not just say 'it was brilliant' and leave it at that :roll: I'd like something a little more in summation if its a weekly episode discussion if thats ok :) People can of course still post in the old thread if they wish.

This is a small forum and numerous threads on the same subject matter are really not needed hence the mods encouraging people to check active threads before posting a new one. Its also in the forum guidelines :wink: I don't think we are overly strict or unreasonable about things here and both the mods and myself are pretty easy going, so its always worth asking them or us and seeing what they/we say in return.

Hope that's helped :)

BTW, I've edited your original post title from 'Drive By' to 'Episode 7 - Drive By - Conchords HBO series' as it'll be easier for people to spot on the forum I think.

Cheers

Sherry

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:07 am

veganmo wrote:
Especially Jemaines sexy dance during Murrays leggy blonde song

Leggy Blonde eh :hrm:

That may well be another oldie from 2002/03. I'll have to see the episode and then compare to my bootleg version of Conchords song with that title :lol:

homeworkwithheather
Giving the paper to the people

Postby homeworkwithheather » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:47 pm

I think it's easier to discuss each episode in it's own thread...good idea Inspirado....

As for the episode....I think it is my favorite so far....This had a lot of subtle ties....such as the racism bit...and Albi...which I didn't even notice until half way through Albi.

I also liked the Drive-By...when a few episodes back Murray told Rhymenoceros not to do a "drive by".

The songs were great...and Murray singing...loved it.

But I have to say that an episode with no Mel is like Christmas with no presents...where was she???

MORE MEL!!
Last edited by homeworkwithheather on Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey guys, remember that time he got his hand caught in that jar? What a dick! I mean...who gets their hand caught in a jar? What a big blooming asshole he was!"

Mel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Mel » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:39 pm

Yea, I kept waiting for the Mel segment too...

but.. maybe we will get an episode with a whole bunch of Mel to make up for it :)

Mel

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jul 30, 2007 8:30 pm

I hate that Mel wasn't in ep 7 but there looks to be some great Mel encounters in a couple of future episodes. Can't wait to see what she does in ep 11, New Fans. I just don't see her handling competition well!
Could be really good!!! :woohoo:

I am glad that Dave had a more "bonding" role in this episode. He's really help them fit in in New York/America. God, I just loved them flipping off the guy at the Australian Embassy. Brilliant :rolls:

Lamppost
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Lamppost » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:21 pm

Arj needs more scenes. He was great in this episode.

I liked Aziz Ansari's guest appearance. Very silly.

But, of course, the highlight of the episode (and perhaps even the season so far) was the slightly unexpected singing talents of Murray. His song was truly hilarious.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:36 pm

I thought Taika's little appearance from behind the camera was cool. He was hardly recognisable were it not for the bad wig and ill fitting shirt and tie :lol:

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:16 am

Sherry wrote:I thought Taika's little appearance from behind the camera was cool. He was hardly recognisable were it not for the bad wig and ill fitting shirt and tie :lol:

Yeah, at that moment I was wondering if that show was real. Then Taika appeared and I was like, no, of course not. Lol.

Also, does anyone know if the Australian Embassy actually looks like that?

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:22 am

mandraco wrote:Also, does anyone know if the Australian Embassy actually looks like that?

Nah as there would only be Consulate General in NY. The embassy would be in the capital Washington.

Cankersaurous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Cankersaurous » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:15 pm

I've thought about it, and I decided 'Mother*uckers' in episode 7 is my favorite song of the series so far.
ROBOT GIRL... Not what they expected.

Adam
New arrival

Postby Adam » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:36 pm

I would tend to agree that Mother*uckers is the best song so far... and I believe what puts it over the top is the video, shot like a rap video, riding their bikes at the camera and faking the hydraulics... genius.

Row_Boat_Robot
New arrival

Postby Row_Boat_Robot » Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:40 am

Yes Ep 7 featured some great songs, Leggy Blonde and Mother Uckers are near the bands pinnacle in my opinion. Aside from the videos, the Episode included a few funny moments, however, at the end much was left to be desired (which is perhaps a good thing, or not?). Regardless, I love the show.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:10 am

Did anyone notice the note stuck on their door with the knife that the knife was also run through a kiwi fruit ? :lol:

Return to “HBO TV series”