HBO DVD of Flight of The Conchords

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Sherry
Professional Blonde

HBO DVD of Flight of The Conchords

Postby Sherry » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:59 pm

So I just posted a news update on the main site about this...

Keeping you in the loop... Is this the HBO Conchords DVD release date?

October 29 2007.... It may well be. Amazon UK has a listing for what appears to be the DVD of the Conchords TV series, released via Warner Home Video (Warner being the bod which owns HBO.... ) The DVD description fits the HBO series and the retail price of £25.99 (£19.49 after Amazon reduction) would make sense also. Its not listed anywhere else as yet, but this is looking more and more like the Conchords DVD is due soon!

Feel free to speculate :popcorn:

Hurley107
New arrival

Postby Hurley107 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:35 am

so far PAL only? the last couple of conchords eps have well. sucked. the next one better be good....

philh
New arrival

Postby philh » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:22 pm

Also has hit play.com

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/3436361/Flight-Of-The-Conchords/Product.html

For the bargain price of 18 quid too :D

My only concern with PAL releases is that the sound is usually pitched up a few percent to compensate for the difference between USA and UK, its a pain if you then go and listen to a soundtrack album as everything sounds wierd.

What extras do you think they should put in? Commentaries? I would pay double if they included One Night Stand!

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:17 pm

I think it's listed on US Amazon.com, as well, just without any price or info. But they've had a Flight of the Conchords DVD listed for at least the past week or so.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Bacon
New arrival

Postby Bacon » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:06 pm

I'll have to pick this up just for all the extras, I was gonna do myself a copy of all the episodes I've downloaded as well.

Either way I think I'll get both. I want to see the extras list for it.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:49 pm

Not looking all that much different from the artwork used on posters, website and about a thousand blog type pages out there now. Be cool if they could make the guys heads bobble about a bit, or have it go 'Baaaaa' when you open it. Just a thought HBO, just a thought...

ImageBret and Jemaine getting ready to hit the shelves.

In time for the holiday season no doubt according to TVShowsonDVDdotcom . You know how it is, cash strapped cause you've already overspent on presents no one will ever use and a turkey thats the size of a small country.... and lo you spy it on the shelf there. Do you buy it now or hope someone will care enough to make one worthy purchase and get you a copy....

Feel free to discuss DVD stuff here :)

Cleren
Lost but happy at sea

FOTC HBO DVD

Postby Cleren » Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:12 pm

I'm about to send my brother an e-mail with the subject 'Your sister's Christmas present' and the Amazon listing as a hyperlink.

On second thoughts, he's in France at the moment visiting my other brother and out of touch with electronic communications. Obviously when he gets back he'll have 1,562 e-mails in his inbox and will delete most without reading them.

So, memo to self, send e-mail on September 5th.

BTW, hello, everybody. Been away from the site for a bit - work, family, stuff - I won't bore you.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:40 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I think it's listed on US Amazon.com, as well, just without any price or info. But they've had a Flight of the Conchords DVD listed for at least the past week or so.

Yep, I saw it there, too. It's also listed on Netflix, but no release date yet. :waiting:
I'm really hoping for extras like some outtakes or behind the scenes stuff.

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:20 pm

Happy me! :cheer: I don't want to wait till Christmas, or Chanukah... or Kwanza...

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:10 pm

Conchords DVD is due for release on November 6 2007

:)

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:24 am

:cheer: Awesome. I'll take 5000 copies thanks.

(Although Australia will probably have them in stores at least a year later..... I exaggerate, but then again, I'm probably not far off)

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:13 pm

Well its been on sale in the UK for a day now :D

I have yet to order it I must confess. Mainly as the BBC were kind enough to send me a press preview of the series. :lol: :roll:

Any Brits out there had it arrive in the post yet? Extras? Or do I have to order it myself to find out. Amazon UK says it will be here in 24 hours if I order now :hrm:

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:33 pm

I got my e-mail from Amazon today, it's been shipped, hopefully I'll get it tomorrow. :pray: God- I hope there is extras! I don't have the words to describe how much I want to see Rhys making Jemaine giggle.

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:05 pm

I have NOT gotten an email from Amazon yet, and I foolishly opted for Free SuperSaver Shipping, thus delaying my own gratification. :###: However, Tongan Ninja will be arriving (probably, hopefully) tomorrow, so I'll bide my time with Jemaine as Action Fighter. :D

FanBase
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby FanBase » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:49 am

bibliaddict wrote:I have NOT gotten an email from Amazon yet, and I foolishly opted for Free SuperSaver Shipping, thus delaying my own gratification. :###: However, Tongan Ninja will be arriving (probably, hopefully) tomorrow, so I'll bide my time with Jemaine as Action Fighter. :D

Me neither. No email. :waiting: I'll have to check which option I chose. Shucks.
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Return to “HBO TV series”