HBO DVD of Flight of The Conchords

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:57 am

I got my email last night. Mine has to travel halfway around the globe though... So I won't see it for a while.

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:50 pm

I am off to the store to get my copy. :yay: I hope there is a fair amount of extras. :pray:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

deirdrelev
Lost but happy at sea

Postby deirdrelev » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:37 pm

I got word yesterday that mine shipped from Amazon. I hope I don't scare the mailman, standing on my front porch drooling as I snatch it from his hands...

I have to admit, I'll be a bit irked if there aren't a few extras thrown in there...but I'll still love them anyway.

Deirdre
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:44 pm

saffymatt wrote:I am off to the store to get my copy. :yay: I hope there is a fair amount of extras. :pray:

That is so exciting! Let us know what's on there ASAP!!! :cheer:

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:46 pm

:x As far as I can tell there is NO extras. NOTHING!!!!!!! No commentary, no outtakes, no deleted scenes. :angry2: The main menu on both discs has only 2 options, Episodes or Languages. When you pick an episode you can watch the preview or just go right to the show. You would think that they could have at least put some outtakes with each episode. I even fast forwarded through episodes to see if there was something at the end of the episodes, and there was NOTHING. HBO may be hearing from me. :phone:

deirdrelev
Lost but happy at sea

Postby deirdrelev » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:12 pm

NO extras on th DVD?! Oh, this is bad. Bad indeed. I do think HBO needs to hear from people. Even "Tongan Ninja" has extras!! I think a lot of people will be kinda annoyed. Maybe the boys themselves need a "What the flip?!" email. Yikes.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:39 pm

Erm I had thought that would be the case and did say so in a news post a little while ago :sofa: Although I had hoped there might be *something* small on there.

The listed running time for the DVD release was pretty much just enough for the 12 episodes and not much else. Also fwiw HBO never said it would contain extras. None were listed anywhere.

And I doubt the guys need to be on the receiving end of emails about it. Its not them who market and produce the DVD. I'm sure they get a cut from it, but end of the day, its HBO's show I think. Although I am prepared to be corrected on this :)

Shame its not had a bit more thought gone in to it and extras included though.

Sorry to add to the misery.

:doomed:

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:09 pm

:down: I had a feeling too. Amazon is quite good about listing DVD features and there was nothing listed there, but a girl can have dreams, can't she?

deirdrelev
Lost but happy at sea

Postby deirdrelev » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:12 pm

I'd never bother the guys about it, truly...I just needed to blow off steam. It just surprises me; I have all the seasons of "The Sopranos" on DVD, and there are tons of extras...ditto the DVDs for late lamented "Deadwood." It just seems odd...you'd think they'd want to throw viewers a bone...

Ah, well.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:34 pm

Darn. I was even going to do the banana dance on this thread, but what a bummer - no extras. :thud: (I had been waiting to use that one).
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Katie

Postby Katie » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:04 pm

I just got done watching "New Fans" on the DVD and they took out the subtitles when Dave was talking to his mom when he went to get Jemaine's Prince outfit. You just heard him talking in Indian and there wasn't any subtitles at all.

I will say I am shocked there are NO extras, I have a lot of HBO DVD's and there's always at least something. Oh well.

Edit: Bah! How dumb am I! I said Dave was speaking to his mom in INDIAN... there is no such thing. *headpalm*
Last edited by Katie on Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:58 am

They took out Dave's subtitles? :shock:

Really??? What the hell is going on!!!???
Did HBO have a big bowl of crazy for breakfast or something?

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:47 am

cassandrasnow wrote:They took out Dave's subtitles? :shock:

:waiting: Sounds like they had crazy and eggs for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

FanBase

Postby FanBase » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:42 am

cassandrasnow wrote:They took out Dave's subtitles? :shock:

Yis. They had chips with salsa and a little hint of Crazy. Speaking of subtitles, I got an email from a guy in Spain who was wondering if someone could "extract Spanish subtitles" from the DVD. Is that even possible? Quite frankly, I'm not sure exactly what he meant. :|
"That's not a fan base, that's just a woman."

Lamppost
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Lamppost » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:21 am

HBO blew it by not adding any extras, but hey, at least I have all 12 episodes in high quality to watch any time I want! Might as well support the guys by buying the show.

Return to “HBO TV series”