Episode 10

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:01 am

I interpreted it as no threesome action at all. Because Jem and the girl both took a break, leaving Bret by himself. So I think it was more like a naked sitting around party.

beck
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby beck » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:50 am

Rain...like bad weather...

so awesome.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

mrquint
New arrival

Postby mrquint » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:03 am

beck wrote:Rain...like bad weather...

so awesome.

you have a computer ... you just can't read ...

Katie

Postby Katie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:26 am

Amaria wrote:I interpreted it as no threesome action at all. Because Jem and the girl both took a break, leaving Bret by himself. So I think it was more like a naked sitting around party.

Yeah, that's what I meant. It was supposed to be a threesome with Rain but it turned out to be like you said "a naked sitting around party"

Mel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Mel » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:54 am

Yea... when Bret, Jemaine & Murray are talking in the office & Murray goes on saying how 3somes & drugs are the "norm" for rock & rollers & says "I would do it"... Bret starts to say "well we did" and Jemaine interrupts him

Bret asks Jemaine if "he looked" and Bret says he had his eyes closed the whole time & opened them just to see what he was doing & then asked Jemaine what he was doing in the chair, & Jemaine said he was taking a break & so was Summer.... so I guess Bret was having a onesome.. LOL

oh.. and Brets shirt says "Sorry Mel" on it at the end (or I'm pretty sure it does)

Mel

beck

Postby beck » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:12 am

mrquint wrote:

That was brilliant! Man Mel is cool. Way cooler than Summer and Rain (if that is their real names *shifty eyes*)
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

Katie

Postby Katie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:46 am

beck wrote:
mrquint wrote:

That was brilliant! Man Mel is cool. Way cooler than Summer and Rain (if that is their real names *shifty eyes*)

There are two people that are really named that in one family. The Phoenix family... as in River and Joaquin Phoenix. They have sisters LEGALLY named Rain, Summer and Liberty.

beck

Postby beck » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:11 am

Katie wrote:
There are two people that are really named that in one family. The Phoenix family... as in River and Joaquin Phoenix. They have sisters LEGALLY named Rain, Summer and Liberty.

Yeah, but they're a bunch of dirty hippies so they don't count.

Just kidding. I love hippies! Isn't one of the Phoenix's called Meadow? I like that name.

Alecia
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Alecia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:40 am

mrquint wrote:
Katie wrote:
mrquint wrote:Regarding the banter during the credits ...
did the Conchords have a 3-some with Mel to get her back as a fan?
After a 2nd view it seems to me that they did ...

I thought it meant they went ahead and had the three-way with Rain. [Or was it Summer?] Whoever that girl was. I could very well be wrong though.

It was Summer ... Rain was the scary looking one ...
But after a whole glass of beer I bet she'd look like Sally to the Conchords.

... And I thought what you thought until they waived goodnight to mel on the webcam, implying she forgave them ... as a result of a 3 some. Poor old Doug.

EDIT ... or was it Rain? ... Flip ... I need to watch again ...

It was Summer.

I'm pretty sure it was a "sitting around naked" party. Except Bret, who was clearly having a 1some with his eyes closed. haha
Official Jemainiac...
and damn proud!

"I’m even more ‘what what’ with the bitches." -Jemaine Clement

Craig

Postby Craig » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:27 pm

If Jemaine and Summer were taking a break, what were they doing before and after the break?

I dont think it was a sitting around party at all, except during the break.

And yes, Bret's shirt said Sorry Mel.

Also, when Bret pulls the horse head off himself in the Prince of Parties video, who is it that strokes his hair genty? (my guess is Jemaine but I cant get a good enough look at his hand to tell)

And what they heck is Jemaine doing in the bathroom? Reading a book with his pants around his ankles? hmmm... well whatever works for you I guess J.

Anyone know what the penalty is for possession of acid in NZ? In the states you can get 10 years for a single hit.

Mel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Mel » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:55 pm

Craig wrote:And what they heck is Jemaine doing in the bathroom? Reading a book with his pants around his ankles? hmmm... well whatever works for you I guess J.

I rewound it to try to figure that out.. but I couldn't... unless he was supposed to be reading a box of condoms he found in the cupboard maybe?

Alecia

Postby Alecia » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:14 pm

I couldn't figure it out either. I rewound it a few times, I admit the first few I was distracted.. but I pulled myself together and couldn't figure it out! =P
Official Jemainiac...

and damn proud!

"I’m even more ‘what what’ with the bitches." -Jemaine Clement

rcaste
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rcaste » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:22 pm

HAHAHA.. I think I know what he was trying to do!

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:27 pm

Here's a Daryl Hall mention that I found :

http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Music

Daryl Hall Not Out of Touch (or Time)

A sign of the apocalypse? Not according to the tastemakers over at Pitchfork (below is the link for the Pitchfork article). And what with Daryl Hall's recent cameo on Flight of the Conchords (hey, Oates was on Wonder Showzen first), could a Hall & Oates indie rock renaissance be far behind? My seven-year-old self is squealing inside.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/f ... daryl-hall

Pitchfork: A lot of opportunities have come up for you lately, including cameos on TV shows. You were on Ed a few years ago, and you just did a cameo on Flight of the Conchords.

DH: Flight of the Conchords was amazing. I love that show. I love those guys. I think that's the best show on television. They're gigantic fans of mine, and they called me up. 90% of what they do is improv, and we just went for it. We did a little bit of scripted stuff, and I don't know what they're even going to use, but I did tons of improv with them, and they're just going to pick what they want. I'm so happy to be on that show, because I think it's just great.
Last edited by poptartgirl on Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Katie

Postby Katie » Wed Aug 22, 2007 11:45 pm

beck wrote:
Katie wrote:

Yeah, but they're a bunch of dirty hippies so they don't count.

Just kidding. I love hippies! Isn't one of the Phoenix's called Meadow? I like that name.

Hahaha, 'tis true... they are a bunch of dirty hippies. Or they used to be, anyway.

I don't think there is a Phoenix with the name Meadow, but I guess I could be wrong.

Return to “HBO TV series”