Episode 12: Season Finale

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Did you think they did a good job on the finale?

Yes, definately.
86%
No.
14%

Total votes: 22

Videogirl
Lost but happy at sea

Episode 12: Season Finale

Postby Videogirl » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:45 am

I found this episode delightfully funny. My favorite part was Bret's dancing. Did anyone else enjoy that as much as I did? :D

There was just one complaint from me:
Why was there no Conchords singing? (a whole song)
They could have done Jenni, possibly. Maybe they are saving it for the next season.

What did you think about this episode?

Or did you just like "parts"?
Last edited by Videogirl on Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

k_obrien
Keeping it funky

Postby k_obrien » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:13 am

i really loved this episode too!

bret's dancing made the entire season for me. so funny.
I saved a life today: my own. Does that make me a hero? I can't really say. But yes.

Brahm_K
New arrival

Postby Brahm_K » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:46 am

I really loved it- about as perfect a season closer as we could have gotten. Bret's dancing made up for the lack of songs, and Arf Arf was a perfect parody. Also very funny in between.

"Am I right?"
"I don't know."
"Am I right?"
"Possibly."

Some very funny bits of dialogue in there. Also got quite depressing towards the end... Poor Jemaine and Bret. But I'm very interested to see where they go with the second season- some people want it to start as if this whole thing had never happened, but I disagree- I think a different show dynamic could be quite beneficial.

All in all, this has been one of my favourite seasons of any comedy show. Kudos to Bret and Jemaine for making such an excellent and funny show. I eagerly await season two, and I'll definitely be buying this one's DVD.

mwilcox
Giving the paper to the people

Postby mwilcox » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:48 am

I LOVED parts of it, like when Bret gets angry, but the rest didn't really impress me. I think you should add another option for 'parts'..
Here comes michael, on his bi-cy-cle, lookin' as cool as a Fisher 'n' Paykel

http://www.black-magic.co.nz - NZ Film News

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:15 am

mwilcox wrote:I LOVED parts of it, like when Bret gets angry, but the rest didn't really impress me. I think you should add another option for 'parts'..

Yes, although I'm toward no, I can't say that I despise it completely.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:07 pm

Yeah, I fall in the "parts" section, too. LOVED the angry dancing and Jemaine's incredibly sissy fights with Todd (and the fact that he was still able to overpower Todd even with such wimpy moves). Great physical comedy -- well done, Jemaine! I liked the idea of some bits, as well, but when all pulled together, not so much. I want to rewatch it soon though and see if I like it more the second time around.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:15 pm

I think the episode served its purpose. It left us incredibly thirsy for more by refraining from giving us a new set of song and visuals to day dream over. And by leaving the guys in such a state of loss.
And for that, I thoroughly enjoyed it. for making me angsty, I enjoyed it haha.

Its funny...on the HBO thread there is a topic on ways to terminate the existance of Murray (boo to those in favor). After watching this episode, I kind of felt panicked. I really do love that character!

If Murray is gone, that means the guys won't have money for rent...I had this theory (before the finale aired) that if such a thing happened, the guys would have no choice but to bunk with Mel. But now they don't even have Mel!

Guess its up to Dave with his crazy roomates that pretend to be his parents to let them live in a cupboard.
"We'll have puppet shows. Or use them when we're writing scripts"-Bret

Mel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Mel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:05 am

ParanoidAndroid wrote:If Murray is gone, that means the guys won't have money for rent...I had this theory (before the finale aired) that if such a thing happened, the guys would have no choice but to bunk with Mel. But now they don't even have Mel!

my predicition.... the Crazy Dogggz are a quick 1 hit wonder... Mel forgets about them & back to FOTC.. Murray blows his money he makes quickly (remember his *star* investment?) & is back to the job at the consolate.

Mel

ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:49 am

Mel wrote:
ParanoidAndroid wrote:If Murray is gone, that means the guys won't have money for rent...I had this theory (before the finale aired) that if such a thing happened, the guys would have no choice but to bunk with Mel. But now they don't even have Mel!

my predicition.... the Crazy Dogggz are a quick 1 hit wonder... Mel forgets about them & back to FOTC.. Murray blows his money he makes quickly (remember his *star* investment?) & is back to the job at the consolate.

Yeah, that's probably the best bet. I have an extremely overactive imagination sometimes...haha.

"We'll have puppet shows. Or use them when we're writing scripts"-Bret

lovecellogirl
Lost but happy at sea

Postby lovecellogirl » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:54 am

Crazy Dogggz, lets see......... video looks suspiciously like the Macarena video with overtones of Who let the Dogs Out. One hit wonder is stamped all over them. Even if the Dogggz are addressed next season (which seems unlikely given the total disregard for continuity demonstrated all this season) I predict a Behind the Music caliber scandal along the lines of Milli Vanilli.

"Todd, how about YOU get down on all fours and wag your tail like you just can't fail." Jemaine was super funny this episode.

Fouxdafafa
New arrival

Postby Fouxdafafa » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:09 am

Thank God for HBO on Demand because I watched/continue to watch each episode at least 6 times.

How funny is Murray with his " Have you heard him on the Bongos?" "Is he any good" "He is, isn't he?" "Is he?"

I also think this will be a Milli Vanilli situation where the Crazy Dogs end up in financial trouble because they didn't pay taxes and Murray invested all their income on "intergalatic real estate" or some other stupid thing!

Jemaine's physical comedy in this episode is priceless. His fight with Todd in the park had me peeing me knickers!!! The b**** slap is so sissy!

Bret is an excellent dancer, be it in anger or not-Bret YOU GOT IT GOIN' ON!
Sue them, just sue them.
It's my bluetooth friend.

Beethoven's Hair
Lost but happy at sea

episode 12 poll

Postby Beethoven's Hair » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:28 am

thanks videogirl for starting the poll for me! i agree with what everyone said. the sissy fights, the dancing, the obvious joke (J: you get offended too easily. B: i can't believe you just said that.), jemaine and todd fighting on stage, and todd's facial expressions while playing the bongos were hysterical. i thought this was a really well-written episode, truly the perfect way to end the season. demetri martin was also very funny in an understated way. the murray character is great, he can't go! and rhys has got a lovely voice, doesn't he? he does, doesn't he?

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:09 pm

You know, my first reaction to this episode was mixed, but now that I've watched it a few more times, it's fast turning into one of my favorites.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Return to “HBO TV series”