Subtle visual gags in HBO series

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
User avatar
Videogirl
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:09 am

Postby Videogirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:43 am

Wow, I hope they aren't a fan....*shiver*

In Sello Tape, at the end you see nuns dancing.

In The Most Beautiful Girl In The Room the guy that works at the fruit stand and who is racist is at the party, dancing.

User avatar
ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:44 am

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:24 am

Videogirl wrote:Wow, I hope they aren't a fan....*shiver*

In Sello Tape, at the end you see nuns dancing.

I swear, that song haunts me...freaky puppet people mutant thingys!

In The Most Beautiful Girl In The Room the guy that works at the fruit stand and who is racist is at the party, dancing.


No wonder he looked familiar.
:lol:
Image
"We'll have puppet shows. Or use them when we're writing scripts"-Bret

User avatar
bubbleGumPie
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:44 pm

Postby bubbleGumPie » Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:49 pm

Bret pawned Jemaine's "camera phone" in the 'Inner City Pressure' video which...at that point would have been a visual gag because it hadn't been mentioned in the show.

User avatar
The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Postby The_Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:00 pm

this may be a little off topic, but was just wondering...

In 'Drive By'...when Bret is sitting in his box & the guys are watching The Dog Show & Albi...is it Taika in the Telephone commercial? :P

User avatar
lovecellogirl
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:34 am

Postby lovecellogirl » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:56 pm

yis

User avatar
The_Wallaby
Keeping it funky
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:27 pm

Postby The_Wallaby » Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:24 pm

yay!

User avatar
lovecellogirl
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:34 am

Postby lovecellogirl » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:47 am

I was in the beverage aisle at the supermarket this morning when I noticed pink bottles of Vitamin Water, Life Water, etc. like the one Bret had in his hand at the start of his angry dance.
They all were flavored with KIWI.

User avatar
Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:39 am

Postby Just Mariah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:49 am

lovecellogirl wrote:I was in the beverage aisle at the supermarket this morning when I noticed pink bottles of Vitamin Water, Life Water, etc. like the one Bret had in his hand at the start of his angry dance.
They all were flavored with KIWI.


Pshh,
I think he copied me,
I've been drinking the same kind of vitamin water that he had.
"What is the bird?"

User avatar
Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:39 am

Postby Just Mariah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:50 am

In "New Fans" Murray talks about putting hay in your mouth to make you cool. Then almsot at the end of the episode he has hay in his mouth at the meeting.
:P
"What is the bird?"

User avatar
Videogirl
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:09 am

Postby Videogirl » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:00 pm

Just Mariah wrote:
lovecellogirl wrote:I was in the beverage aisle at the supermarket this morning when I noticed pink bottles of Vitamin Water, Life Water, etc. like the one Bret had in his hand at the start of his angry dance.
They all were flavored with KIWI.


Pshh,
I think he copied me,
I've been drinking the same kind of vitamin water that he had.

Yeah, me too. Bret, stop copying us, jeez. :lol:

User avatar
Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:39 am

Postby Just Mariah » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:07 pm

Videogirl wrote:
Just Mariah wrote:
lovecellogirl wrote:I was in the beverage aisle at the supermarket this morning when I noticed pink bottles of Vitamin Water, Life Water, etc. like the one Bret had in his hand at the start of his angry dance.
They all were flavored with KIWI.


Pshh,
I think he copied me,
I've been drinking the same kind of vitamin water that he had.

Yeah, me too. Bret, stop copying us, jeez. :lol:

Haha
8)
"What is the bird?"

User avatar
lovecellogirl
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:34 am

Postby lovecellogirl » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:43 pm

I feel confident this was not intentional, and I suspect it's not funny to very many people either: but the scene in Girlfriends where Murray is selling the CDs on the street has a funny shot (to me) in the background.

In the background a Toyota Prius rounds the corner, a second later a police car rounds the same corner lights and siren blaring. OK not obviously funny, but a Prius as a get-away car is pretty funny to me. I've had mine for over 3 years and I really really love this car, but you could never outrun anyone in this car. You could only hope anyone chasing you will run out of gas first.

User avatar
cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre
Posts: 528
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:06 am

Postby cassandrasnow » Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:51 am

It would have been really funny if Larry David made a cameo appeareance as the driver of the Prius. A bit of a FotC/CYE crossover.

User avatar
Beethoven's Hair
Lost but happy at sea
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:29 am

Postby Beethoven's Hair » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:25 pm


not really an ironic moment but when murray checks out his butt while wearing his red shorts in front of dave's store (in the coco episode?), and the way he turns himself to look is pretty damn funny.

User avatar
Just Mariah
Half a shapely halibut
Posts: 162
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:39 am

Postby Just Mariah » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:46 am

So I was thinking,
in the "New Fans" episode,
he says he has "acid" reflux in the bathroom.
He had just done acid and you know like acid reflux you get,
bleh :|
Last edited by Just Mariah on Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What is the bird?"


Return to “HBO TV series”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests

cron