No new HBO second season til 2009

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Sherry
Professional Blonde

No new HBO second season til 2009

Postby Sherry » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:05 pm

Sorry, 'Conchords' fans, your 'Flight' is delayed

Whitney Matheson at USA Today's "Pop Candy" reports that the second season of HBO's "Flight of the Conchords" has been delayed until early 2009. That's a drag. But she adds that the Conchords are due to release their first full-length album in April. They've already released one EP, "The Distant Future," on Sub Pop.

In other HBO news, HBO has launched an official channel on YouTube.com. It features "Conchord" videos, various promos and also four full episodes of my current rave, "In Treatment."

By the way, I heard from a lot of "In Treatment" addicts when I wrote a recent column about how much I love the show. It was cool to know that I wasn't the only one who was obsessed with the life and patients of Paul Weston. There are a lot of us out there.

Hey, HBO, how about commissioning a second season of "In Treatment"? Now?

Taken from here

Katie

Postby Katie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Awww, this is a little saddening, but it's understandable. Do they mean they're not going to film it until early 2009? If they mean it's not going to air until early 2009, well that's totally understandable.

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:58 am

If it means they have time to tour to support the album, I'm all for the wait for the new season. Jemaine has a movie to make, maybe Bret will do more solo recording (fingers crossed).

Sherry, I'm an In Treatment fanatic as well, but I can't commit to 5 nights a week, so I settled on following Alex, Sophie and Dr. Paul. I have yet to see the couple that comes on Thursdays at all. Laura's too looney for me to watch. I hope HBO renews it, as well as Tell Me You Love Me, another therapy-fest.

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 am

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed (especially since the guys would never come out this way so I'd have no chance of seeing them live while they're touring). But I can understand and respect the fact that they have other projects on their plate right now. Now, if only we could get a deluxe version of the first season with at least some bonus features on it! I'd just die if there was some episode commentary and bloopers! 8)
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:53 am

I suspected this might happen, but I think it's a good thing. I mean it's not like we're going to be without them until 2009. They've got the album and they're doing some shows... It's like when I was a kid and I got a bag of my favourite candy I'd make it last for weeks! I like to spread things out anyways. I'm actually kinda happy they're moving at my pace. :)
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

deirdrelev
Lost but happy at sea

Postby deirdrelev » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:12 pm

I'm kinda sad we won't see the boys till 2009...then again, it'll be like the wait that went on every year for "The Sopranos." David Chase took his time writing, and by the time the show aired each season, anticipation was soo high it was insane. I think this will be good for the show. I'd rather the boys take their time and write new material/episodes they're happy with.

I, too, love "In Treatment." I think Gabriel Byrne is amazing, and one of the most under used actors around
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."—Oscar Wilde

stainboy
New arrival

Postby stainboy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:09 am

I haven't seen all of the first season yet so I don't mind at all, take your time fellas! So this album in April, is it brand new songs?

deirdrelev wrote:I'm kinda sad we won't see the boys till 2009...then again, it'll be like the wait that went on every year for "The Sopranos." David Chase took his time writing, and by the time the show aired each season, anticipation was soo high it was insane.

Envy me! 8) I never got into the Sopranos when it started and only caught a handful of random episodes. Last year a channel over here, more4 started showing it every weeknight from beginning to end. I'm mid-season 6 now, been loving it!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:29 am

stainboy wrote:I haven't seen all of the first season yet so I don't mind at all, take your time fellas! So this album in April, is it brand new songs?

Na its not. Pretty much all the songs have been performed live over the years, most are old and only a couple are ones written for the series (one) and one 'new' track IIRC.

Reworked versions however as the guys felt the versions used in the TV show were a rush job and not what they wanted out on an album so re-recorded them.

*Goes to live in hope of another live album*

stainboy
New arrival

Postby stainboy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:29 pm

They felt the TV versions were rush jobs? They're my favourite versions! Probably because they were the first versions I heard. Be interested in seeing what comes out on the album then and if some of it's stuff I haven't heard.

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:35 pm

Sherry wrote:
stainboy wrote:I haven't seen all of the first season yet so I don't mind at all, take your time fellas! So this album in April, is it brand new songs?

Na its not. Pretty much all the songs have been performed live over the years, most are old and only a couple are ones written for the series (one) and one 'new' track IIRC.

Reworked versions however as the guys felt the versions used in the TV show were a rush job and not what they wanted out on an album so re-recorded them.

*Goes to live in hope of another live album*

Yeah, my brother and his girlfriend couldn't believe how much better they liked the live version of Hiphoppopotamus (spelling?) vs Rhymenocyrus.
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos

DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

Videogirl
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Videogirl » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:48 am

Aw...2009...that is sad. Oh well, it gives me more time to appreciate season 1 and rewatch episodes. Plus the CD should hold me over until 2009.

I'm so glad I'm not the only In Treatment fan. :) My favorite patients so far are Alex, Jake and Amy, and Sophie. Its amazing how different she looks every week. None of my friends have HBO which I find a little bit annoying at times. They don't understand my obsessions. Thank god for the Internet and forums.

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:38 pm

Sherry wrote:Na its not. Pretty much all the songs have been performed live over the years, most are old and only a couple are ones written for the series (one) and one 'new' track IIRC.

Can't wait to hear that 'new' one. :D

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:50 pm

Phooey! :( Ok, I was expecting that since the strike went on forever. Also the studios are holding back new productions because the actors contract ends at the end of June, so there could be yet another strike just around the corner.

Let's all hope the actors can get the act together before then.

Jilly
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Jilly » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:45 pm

For those of you who really miss the show ...

www.newzealandconsulatenyc.com

We'll just have to amuse ourselves until 2009. At least we've got the new album soon ...

Jilly

dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby dangerous person » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Jilly wrote:For those of you who really miss the show ...

www.newzealandconsulatenyc.com

We'll just have to amuse ourselves until 2009. At least we've got the new album soon ...

Jilly

I particularly like the FAQs :lol:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

Return to “HBO TV series”