FOTC HBO Series: second season speculation and spoilers

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: FOTC HBO Series: second season speculation and spoilers

Postby SheWolf » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:32 pm

I suspect not. If the last ep was called Deported we'd have our answer and the TV series would end as the BBC radio series ended.

Originally they said the 2nd series would be the last but now they say they don't know so maybe they'll take some time off and come back to it.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:42 pm

SheWolf wrote:now they say they don't know so maybe they'll take some time off and come back to it.

That's what I'm hoping. I'd rather they take some time off and take time for other projects, families, etc. Write some new songs, new episodes here and there, then come back to the series in a year or two.

nikki78
Lost but happy at sea

Postby nikki78 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:28 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:
SheWolf wrote:now they say they don't know so maybe they'll take some time off and come back to it.

That's what I'm hoping. I'd rather they take some time off and take time for other projects, families, etc. Write some new songs, new episodes here and there, then come back to the series in a year or two.

That's the nice thing about being on HBO -- being able to take a year or two off seems realistic.

We know Jemaine is developing a tv show in NZ with Taika. So maybe Bret will be working on a solo record? :pray:

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:43 pm

We know Jemaine is developing a tv show in NZ with Taika. So maybe Bret will be working on a solo record?

I hope so. I like that Video Kid record very much, it could use a followup! :rock:
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:23 pm

Just saw the preview for "Wingmen" tonight - Vampire Bret! :-o
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

jamesthecat
New arrival

Postby jamesthecat » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:26 pm

if you check amazon, there is a provisional release date for a second videokid album, so that is on the horizon. i suspect jemaine will spend some time with his family. there really is no reason to call the tv show a day just yet. as long as they dont rush it itll be fine. i hope they tour england before the end of the year now though, originally they were going to do the 02 arena in january, but theyre tied up in the states until the end of may now. maybe theyll play a couple of festival dates...

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:35 am

jamesthecat wrote:if you check amazon, there is a provisional release date for a second videokid album, so that is on the horizon.

I would jump for joy if this is true. I can't find it on the UK Amazon though....maybe I'm just dumb and not looking in the right place. Seriously though....you would be able to hear my and Turnip and Indigo's squees of excitement from miles away. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:51 am

I'm hoping somehow, yes I know it's a lengthy song, but somehow they'll be able to incorporate Petrov, Yelena and Me into the final episode of Season 2

I'm thinking if it's called Deported, maybe somehow, they'll leave to go back to New Zealand on a tramp steamer and somehow they can put in a little tidbid of that song

......one can only hope!
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:37 am

Last episode is titled "Evicted" when the move in with Mel! I'm looking for some hilarity! On the previews I cracked up when they said, "We've been paying our rent in New Zealand dollars instead of American dollars" and Murray says, "Okay so he's a racist and now you're homeless" LOL

Am I the only one that noticed that HBO has it slated as the SEASON finale instead of the SERIES finale?! *holding out hope that small difference of words means something big!*

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:52 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Am I the only one that noticed that HBO has it slated as the SEASON finale instead of the SERIES finale?! *holding out hope that small difference of words means something big!*
I thought it said series finale coz I was a bit worried when I saw it. Then again I could have been imagining things.

I've noticed that this has been referred to as "series" too though so maybe the words are somewhat interchangable though I think of it as one series with 2 seasons.
90% evil
ImageImage

Whambi
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Whambi » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:48 am

kellysouthpaw wrote:Last episode is titled "Evicted" when the move in with Mel!

My bad.....I misread a post by SheWolf on an earlier post where she mentioned:

SheWolf wrote: If the last ep was called Deported we'd have our answer and the TV series would end as the BBC radio series ended.

My eyes :shock: didn't catch the word " IF "

Evict...O.K.
Deport...Not O.K.
Renew series for Season 3....Very O.K.
If I did I'd hold you tight into every single night & we'd fall asleep together & we'd wake up in the sunlight. Well, maybe I'm a dreamer, but, maybe one day you'll see, that dreams are......
......Yeah, yeah she gets it, stop cockblocking me!

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:09 am

Just read the TV listing/summary for the season finale on the HBO website:
"Unable to pay off their back rent, Bret and Jemaine move in with Mel and Doug; Murray looks to cash in on a stage play about the Conchords' travails."

So...maybe the stage play will become an underground hit, and we'll see the guys get some long-deserved success in the end?
(Or Murray will just take the money and run, or lose all their money yet again...)

Well, they call it "wishful thinking" for a reason. :yawinkle:
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:24 pm

IIRC correctly from info that came in while filming Aziz was supposed to appear in an ep as well as some puppets that Taika had something to do with. Given that we haven't seen either yet I imagine they will be in the last ep.
90% evil
ImageImage

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:23 am

FWIW here in the UK we don't use season. We tend to use series. Although the American term of season is understood and used more these days.

I think as our runs are don't span entire seasons is the thing. 6 or 8 episodes is a standard run of our TV shows. Some have longer runs but they are far from the norm.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:41 am

The last time I watched Ep 9, afterwards it had the logo of the guys in flight with the word "Final"....no "episode", no "season", no "series", no "finale", just "final". I hope they angry dance off into the sunset.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “HBO TV series”