FOTC HBO Series: second season speculation and spoilers

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: FOTC HBO Series: second season speculation and spoilers

Postby VaiVedrai » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:58 am

Other speculation: If the guys move in with Mel, will she then lose interest in them the same way she (presumably) did with Doug, and find someone else to stalk? That would be interesting... :hrm:
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:21 pm

Tomorrow is Finale Day :(

*sniff sniff*

Carol

Postby Carol » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:27 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Tomorrow is Finale Day :(

*sniff sniff*

Selfishly, I'm SO sad that tomorrow night is IT. But for the guys, I know it's a "load off". I just thank them for two seasons of wonderful entertainment and for turning tv on it's ear. :)

Just read some of the previous posts. I've garnered a bit of hope that perhaps the guys might come back in a year or so after doing other things. I can only hope!.....And there was the mention of the Christmas special. ...At this point, I'll take whatever I can get!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:43 am

James Bobin said the Christmas special idea was a joke. :(
Too bad, it could've been fun. :cry:
I'm not crying, it's just been raining on my face.... :tears: :tears: :tears:
I just hope they go out with a helluva dance. :nana:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

prettyrobyngirl

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:31 pm

I can't believe this is the last episode tonight. While I am so thankful for all the incredibly hard work and dedication for the HBO series, the selfish side is screaming NOOOOO! Don't Leave Us!

Anyone else feeling the same way?....[single tear]
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:55 pm

here's a glass raised to celebrate a great 2nd season with hopes for an epic last show. regardless of what happens, there will be a standing ovation from the ardyfam tonight.
these guys have made me happy. their gift of humor, music and tomfoolery have enriched the dull days of my life. thru repeated viewings of season 1 and 2, plus the countless replays on my ipod, they're always a blink or lyric away from making me smile.
as far as the HBO show goes, i can't be sad or depressed that this may be " it " for them and us. i look forward to what they have in store for us....it's not over, the best is yet to come....

:clap: :supz: :lol: :goodman: :clap:
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:20 pm

Ditto that, Ardy.
But still, the selfish side of me that looks forward to Sunday nights is going :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears: :tears:

Well done, guys - we'll miss you. :wave:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:12 pm

Am pretty PMSy already today, not feeling sentimental yet but am not anticipating feeling cheerful when I see those end credits roll, particularly if it feels like "an end" ya know? Oh boo freakin' hoo in advance. This sucks. :(
90% evil
ImageImage

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:34 pm

This probably isn't where this should go, but...
So the series will end, right. They'll do a tour and put out an album, and then what?
Will they just stop doing band-y things or will they actually, you know, officially disband?
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

prettyrobyngirl

Postby prettyrobyngirl » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:51 am

WomanInThePark wrote:This probably isn't where this should go, but...
So the series will end, right. They'll do a tour and put out an album, and then what?
Will they just stop doing band-y things or will they actually, you know, officially disband?

By the sounds of it, they both have individual projects they will be working on for a while. Jemaine is developing a tv show with Taika, and Bret maybe getting back into music from what I remember reading somewhere. I am sure whatever they produce, together or alone, will be amazing.

With or without an HBO series, I am hoping this isn't the end of the Conchords. Bret and Jemaine have given so much their duo and are deserving of a much needed quiet break away from the spotlight. They both are newly married, new daddies (well, Bret soon) and seem to spend ever free second back in New Zealand... If they continue on with the Conchords before they are ready, they might end up resenting if it takes them too much away from their home or families. Or at least that's how I would be feeling in their positions.

I am thinking of this as a indefinite hiatus, eventually to revisit it and us and grace the world with the awesomeness that are Flight of the Conchords.
Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

VaiVedrai

Postby VaiVedrai » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 am

prettyrobyngirl wrote:I am thinking of this as a indefinite hiatus, eventually to revisit it and us and grace the world with the awesomeness that are Flight of the Conchords.
A hiatus? That was what happened to the band Moxy Früvous...and as far as anyone can tell, there's little to no chance of the band getting back together there.
(Then again, it was rumoured that there was some internal animosity with Früvous, and it doesn't look like that with FotC.)
Well, whatever the guys choose to do, good luck and good on ya. :thumb:
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 am

I'm going to be completely honest with you all here. I'm probably going to tear up and maybe even shed a few tears after the show tonight.

I know it's for the best and it's what the guys want, but my heart aches anyway :(

:cry:

trefusis

Postby trefusis » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Aww, kelly :goodman: - it's been a bit of a tearful time, lately, hasn't it? what with one thing and another.

If this is the end of the Conchords - well, they've been fantastic for all of us, and if the guys wanted to make it huge, they definitely succeeded. But it all must have got so intense and exhausting at times, and it's certainly had a monopoly on their time for ages now. Both of them have several other strings to their bow, and it would be surprising if they didn't want a bit more time to turn their creative energies to something else, and to process the amazing ride that the past couple of years have been. They're certainly going to bring a much higher profile to anything they do turn their hands to.

And, of course, there's still the tour to come for all you lucky people who got tickets (and Season 2 for a few of us as well :wink: )
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:12 pm

trefusis wrote:And, of course, there's still the tour to come for all you lucky people who got tickets (and Season 2 for a few of us as well

Yis, tho I've been watching all I can on YouTube, I still have S2 to look forward to as well the show 4/24.

Since the last episode has aired, I can't really speculate since I know the outcome, bittersweet as it might be. I thought it was perfect.

I think whatever they choose to do next will be fantasic and having worked their arses off these past couple (few?) of years is paying off in the huge, loyal following they've gained. :) We're going to want to see whatever they come up with, be it movie, tv, music or.....who knows!

I'm just thankful to have found them in the first place- better late than never. They just make me happy and I know tons of other people feel the same way and no matter what any snooty critic says- that's a very good thing, especially in times like these. :D
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:38 pm

The "Stomp"-style start&finish of the last episode really made me think - Bret & Jemaine are compulsively creative. They won't disappear without a trace. It's in their nature to create and collaborate, it's as natural as breathing for them. Even if we don't see a season 3, they will be cranking out music, tv, films, plays, & radio goodies forever. I really think so.
Spandex Inspector #12

Return to “HBO TV series”