Funny or Die to Show Season 2 Premiere on 12/17

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Spüne
Giving the paper to the people

Re: Funny or Die to Show Season 2 Premiere on 12/17

Postby Spüne » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:35 pm

No problem. But I only found that link when I asked a very nice lady named Amily on Funny or Die who was handing out links to us Brits, Canadians, Aussies and Kiwis who wanted a bit of Conchord action early. So yeah... thank her...

General feedback I've been hearing about the episode is that it is brilliant... but some have been put off by an obvious increase in the budget of the music videos.
"They call be donkey down at the station... yeah, I've got a really big penis. You can tell by hand span... see?" - Phil Olivetti, We Can Be Heroes (avatar)

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:41 pm

Just a reminder that there is now a thread devoted specifically to discussion of Season Two. For the sake of possible spoilers, please discuss the actual episode there. Thanks!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:05 pm

indigo_jones wrote:I waited a bit, too. I kept putting it off, in part because the sooner I watch it, that means the sooner there will be no more episodes to watch. And yes, the worry that I won't enjoy it.

Same.
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:32 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:I was like this with the last Harry Potter book, too. The postman arrived with it early in the morning, and I went out to Regent's Park with a blanket to lie on while I devoured it. But instead of opening it and jumping straight in, I just sat there, crossed-legged with the book in my lap until my legs went numb.

Oh, I was totally the same way! Got all dressed up in my Hogwarts uniform (yes, I have one, feel free to laugh at me, I don't care :P ) went to the bookstore for a midnight release party, got my book, and snuck out the store with it hidden in my robes (cause I was one of the first and there was a pretty angry looking mob outside). I read the first chapter that night when I got home and couldn't move myself to read any more the next day... And then when I started I really limited myself to 2 chapters a day... I just sooo didn't want it to end.

However, I have no choice in the new episode... Stupid work computers... I must wait until I get home tonight... :cry:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

aom192
Half a shapely halibut

Postby aom192 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:40 pm

My reaction to waiting ALL DAY THROUGH SCHOOL to find it didn't work went something like this: *Ahem*

HBO! YOU ********! SICK TWISTED ********! YOU **** ***** ********! THE WORLD IS CRUEL! *Hits computer screen and thorws head on keyboard*

:computer:

Mam up the stairs: "Are you okay?"

Repeat x3 and add a little angry dance...and you;re not even half way there.
Ah Gandolf...I like what you've done with your beard.

We'll never make it...there's thousands of them and only about 8 of us!
Oh no!
We made it.
Hurray!

halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby halokiti » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:44 pm

I posted this on another thread, but non-US folks should use a proxy in order to watch it on FunnyorDie. The following are instructions for hulu but they could probably be applicable for any site: http://lifehacker.com/5056941/how-to-watch-videos-on-hulu-from-anywhere

This should be the program to use: Hotspot Shield. http://www.download.com/Hotspot-Shield/3000-2092_4-10594721.html

Amanda
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Amanda » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:10 pm

IT DID!! IT WORKED FOR ME!!! HALOKITI!!!

:prayer:

WHAT CAN I GET YOU FOR XMAS?! :eyelashes:
But if you did I'd hold you tight / Into every single night
And we'd fall asleep together / And we'd wake up in the sunlight
Well, maybe I'm a dreamer / But maybe one day you'll see / That dreams are...

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:29 pm

I'm so glad you folks are able to enjoy the episode along with us US folk!! :yay:

I didn't even think of waiting - all I thought of all morning was, "You can wait til noon."
And we'll discuss the outcome of the wait on the proper thread. :halo:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:57 pm

Only 3 hours wait left for me... I know I can at least access the site on my school computer (which I couldn't do at the office), but it doesn't have any sound and it's pretty much pointless to watch it without sound... But soon I shall be able to end this horrid day with something (hopefully) awesome!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby halokiti » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:30 am

I'm happy it works. Someone should post a big bulletin so all the non-US folks can watch it now.

I'm waiting for the episode to load slowly, very slowly.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:11 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:I'm so glad you folks are able to enjoy the episode along with us US folk!! :yay::
Me too coz I'm definitely interested in what some of our Brit girls (and others) make of it and I'm glad they can join in the discussion.

Nancy Hillner wrote:I didn't even think of waiting - all I thought of all morning was, "You can wait til noon."
Well there I was having a lovely, leisurely morning, doing online banking and other mundane things when I decided to check the FOTC MySpace and saw that some people were already commenting on the new ep so I went over to Funnyordie and it was there - this was about 10:00 am & I think it had already been there for awhile. I waited and fussed and decided I wouldn't watch it until tonight but then I gave in.
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:15 am

It went up at pacific zone midnight last night... Which was like 3am here on the east coast... At least that's what the countdown on FOD insinuated... I really really really seriously debated staying up to watch it but I decided that being functional at work was just barely slightly more important... :roll:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:10 am

I think I was still catching up on e-mail at 2:30 - I could've waited til 3. :roll: :goodnight:

I guess I'm kinda glad I thought it was noon, so I was able to be a human today - a happy human at that!!! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:22 pm

I've noticed you often post in the wee hours Nancy. Are you a night owl?

I thought it did at one time say that it would begin at noon.
90% evil
ImageImage

dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby dangerous person » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Well I tried to get the thing to work the way halokiti said but it won't work for me. And I just haven't got time to look into it much at the moment, so I'm going to wait and steer clear of the episode convos... :|
Never mind, there's still Christmas to look forward to!!
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

Return to “HBO TV series”