HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 1

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Hesham
New arrival

Re: HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 1

Postby Hesham » Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:14 pm

hello there
i live in the uk and have not yet been able to see the first episode - i wonder if anybody could point me in the right direction :wink:
thanks very much!

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:55 pm

I finally got to see it after being without the internet for 34 days. (That was like a nightmare!) It was exactly what I expected, and I'm glad they didn't make major changes to the style of the show. The best thing about the show is that you catch different jokes the second (or eighth) time around, so it's almost like watching an all-new episode. Loved it, and I can't wait for the rest of the season.

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Dave Raps It's exactly what I would've expected of Dave.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

VaiVedrai
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby VaiVedrai » Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:06 pm

That commercial had me in stitches! It's at the same time completely appropriate and unexpected.
Hesham wrote:hello there
i live in the uk and have not yet been able to see the first episode - i wonder if anybody could point me in the right direction :wink:
thanks very much!

VaiVedrai wrote:(I'd like to thank the 3-part clips on YouTube, for which this review would have otherwise been impossible...)
That should help.
If you don't know the answer, change the question.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:32 am

VaiVedrai wrote:That commercial had me in stitches! It's at the same time completely appropriate and unexpected.
Hesham wrote:hello there
thanks very much!

VaiVedrai wrote:(I'd like to thank the 3-part clips on YouTube, for which this review would have otherwise been impossible...)
That should help.

HBO is still showing the whole thing on HBO.com. The only thing missing is the "Previously on Flight of the Conchords...", which shows pertinent clips from the final episode of last season.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

AlfTheTroll
New arrival

Postby AlfTheTroll » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:40 am

Hey everyone, I'm gonna have a look at the clip on Youtube in just a minute.

But before that, I was wondering if anyone could answer a question for me:
(Feel free to tell me off, and point me to the right forum as I'm not too sure where I should ask this)

Am I right in thinking that (Outside of youtube), the episode is still unavailabe outside of the US online?
I tried to download the podcast on iTunes but it keeps coming up with:

Either way, I'm glad I found this site in my search anyways.
Cheers guys.

Edit:

Ah well, at least I know that I'm not the only one in this predicament bro.

The episode:
It's so good to see them again after so long!

There's certainly a different feel to the show, the dialogue flows differently now a little more uptempo and whatnot.
Probably because of all that happened in the last episode etc.
It feels like a new year used to at High School or Uni, new haircuts etc.

The comedy is still on form, I love Bret and Jermaine's naivety, the commercial and song related stuff was great.
All in all, I can't wait for the new season!
Last edited by AlfTheTroll on Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:11 pm

I'm not sure if iTunes denying you because you're outside the US or if it's just having problems. iTunes seems to think I'm still in the US when it comes to their store -- and I haven't tried to disabuse them of this notion -- but when I tried to download the show yesterday, I got an error message of some sort, as well. For now, YouTube probably is your best bet, unfortunately.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

VaiVedrai

Postby VaiVedrai » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:56 pm

iTunes, HBO (for the episode), the HBO YouTube channel, FunnyOrDie.com...none of them work if you're not in the US.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:21 am

It's on regular YouTube. Are you saying you can't see it?
90% evil
ImageImage

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:23 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:Did anyone else find Mel a little strident in the episode?
Alot of people have been saying that but she's been pretty "strident" before hasn't she? There was something I read Kristen say recently, can't remember exactly what it was but, I thought she was implying that Mel is going to be a bit more annoying this season.
90% evil
ImageImage

VaiVedrai

Postby VaiVedrai » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:37 am

SheWolf wrote:It's on regular YouTube. Are you saying you can't see it?
No, just the video version HBO put up on YouTube (even it states the obvious: that I'm not in the US). The 3-part uploaded versions work just fine.

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:42 am

Okay, I had to look that word up, but now that I know what it means... Yeah, Mel was somewhat strident before, but she did seem to hit a new level... :dunno:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

hellomyfriend

Postby hellomyfriend » Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:23 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:Did anyone else find Mel a little strident in the episode? Her volume was quite high compared to the rest of the show. Sure they were picketing, but even when she was putting Doug down she seemed loud. I also wasn't crazy about the way she spoke to Doug. I don't remember her being that mean before. ...

I agree with you completely. "Strident" is probably the most polite way to put it. The first ep of season 2 was the first time I didn't like Mel ... at all.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:17 am

hellomyfriend wrote:
Nancy Hillner wrote:Did anyone else find Mel a little strident in the episode? Her volume was quite high compared to the rest of the show. Sure they were picketing, but even when she was putting Doug down she seemed loud. I also wasn't crazy about the way she spoke to Doug. I don't remember her being that mean before. ...

I agree with you completely. "Strident" is probably the most polite way to put it. The first ep of season 2 was the first time I didn't like Mel ... at all.

Strident may be too polite. The adjective that come to my mind was shrill. :worry:
Why don't you accept me as your God!?

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:43 am

I always adored what Kristen did before, and I have faith in her bringing out the best in Mel. But I hope by "annoying" they don't make her really mean. I didn't like her putting Doug down in what was just meanness - the whole hogging the conversation bit, the gasoline bit ("I have to do everything as always"). I never got that vibe from her last year, even when she said "it's bulls**t, Doug". It wasn't directed at Doug then, it was anger at the guys' situation. I felt she loved the guys, but always loved Doug as well, sort of happily having your "cake" and eating it too. :wink:
Maybe I just have too much time on my hands..... :worry:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “HBO TV series”