HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 1

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Re: HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 1

Postby halokiti » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:14 pm

So do kiwis really say "stuff it" or is it just going along with the PG-rated nature of the show? I definitely have to rewatch this episode again soon and again once it airs on HBO cause the quality is not high enough for the details.

Where did that library cushion thing come from?

I love Bret's shirts, that Buck County one is back.

I have to agree with some of the other commenters and say that something was lacking. I also like the more home-made feel of the 1st season music videos.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:34 pm

The Brits have some lovely sayings that we don't use such as "get stuffed" so it would seem that kiwis use "stuffed" in the same rude but charming way.
90% evil
ImageImage

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:24 pm

I love the Sexy Flower t-shirt too. Is it just me, or are Brets arms looking a little beefier?

Love the t-shirt with FotC written on it really small as well, t'is great.
Throw us your potatoes!

halokiti

Postby halokiti » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:26 pm

H.... wrote:I love the Sexy Flower t-shirt too. Is it just me, or are Brets arms looking a little beefier?

Love the t-shirt with FotC written on it really small as well, t'is great.

I don't think the flower t-shirt is sexy, it's just sexy b/c Bret is wearing it. I think his arms look the same. We can make sure if someone does a side-by-side comparison. However Jemaine's chest looks like it is looking more defined. I'll have to find a white tee to write on.

I've also started incorporating "stuffed" into my daily conversations.

Egbert Nobacon
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Egbert Nobacon » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:31 pm

SheWolf wrote:The Brits have some lovely sayings that we don't use such as "get stuffed" so it would seem that kiwis use "stuffed" in the same rude but charming way.

Yeah, "stuff it" and "get stuffed" are very common expressions in Britain.

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:12 pm

I can't believe I didn't connect the "it's real denim" and the shapes in J's jacket until Turnip said it! Aaahahahahahaa! That's hilarious! :rolls:

I also loved how Jermaine encourages Bret to read Murray the 'your fired' note, then says 'What?!' in shocked response too. And the alarm going off to remind Murray to move his car just after he's denied living in it! (But I wish they hadn't showed him actually moving the car and had just left us to work it out). LOVED Murray's song, LOVED the angels vid, LOVED the femident commercial!! I didn't like the shoe thing much - it was very un-subtly done. But if we see Bret wearing two different shoes for no particular reason in the next episode, I may forgive them!

I'm also annoyed that I'm apparently wandering around with my eyes shut cos I only just noticed that Rhys has a gig here in Auckland on Saturday (I guess he's home for Christmas) and consequently I MISSED OUT ON TICKETS - booked out yonks ago - Aaaaarrrggghhh! :doh:

(Oh I can confirm the 'stuff' thing)
Last edited by Great H on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:18 pm

Great H wrote:I didn't connect the "it's real denim" and the shapes in J's jacket until Turnip said it! )
I didn't either Great H. I guess I thought it was just their logo on the back of his jacket or something. This is why the show becomes richer upon multiple viewings. It's kind of impossible to catch everything in one shot.

Great H wrote: LOVED the femident commercial!! )
Me too. Who knew women had special dental needs? I loved their writing process and the weaving comment never fails to make me laugh. It was made funnier by the fact that I've been renting the HBO TV series Rome and had just watched an episode where one woman invites another over to weave. :lol:

That sucks that you'll miss Rhysie. Maybe if you turn up at the venue on the night there will be some extra tickets around.
90% evil
ImageImage

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:35 pm

SheWolf wrote:That sucks that you'll miss Rhysie. Maybe if you turn up at the venue on the night there will be some extra tickets around
Good idea SheWolf - If I hang around and look pathetic enough (I can do that!) maybe someone will take pity on me... :pray:

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:49 pm

You don't necessarily need to look pathetic. Sometimes tix become available at the last minute and if the venue isn't too far from you and you really want to see him it's worth the effort. :)
90% evil
ImageImage

hellomyfriend

Postby hellomyfriend » Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:26 am

H.... wrote:I love the Sexy Flower t-shirt too. Is it just me, or are Brets arms looking a little beefier?

A lot of people have noticed Bret's looking a little less weedy. :heartbeat: There were a few random items about Bret going to the gym and Bret's personal trainer. I was confused until I noticed he'd put on a little weight in S2s1.

I hope he doesn't gain anymore though. Right now, his body is perfect. His butt in the woven trousers = :thud:

Oh wait ... I mean: I only appreciate Bret for his mind. :lyre:

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 am

The show is definitely like an onion, full of so many layers to uncover. That's what I loved about last season. Watching it over again brought many more laughs to light. :roll2:
I caught the "Sexy Flower" t-shirt right away, and loved how Bret wears it. :nod:
This season, it's going to be neat watching the episodes and reading reactions here. I didn't join the forum until after the first season was over, so this will be a luxury, especially with everyone's eagle eyes catching nuances I miss on first viewing! :eyelashes:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby dangerous person » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:12 pm

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I have finally seen it!!! thank you again SW :prayer:
It will need a second viewing, of course (will let mr DP and little DP watch it too), but I liked it: liked that Murray had made it, but it wasn't going to last, liked the Polish 'cover' story, and Murray's song :lol:
The Grammys were funny because of Bret's shock throughout the conversation :shock: , the special New Zealand artist section, and Murray's award.
I loved the doll's outfit cut out of Jemaine's jacket (that was very much in the vein of series one), the woven trousers (and yes, Bret has beefed up!! :drool: ), the toothpaste song and ad, the call to Murray ('are you sitting down?', 'what are you wearing?', 'are you in a hotel room!?'), and Mel and Doug's reappearance as disgruntled Crazy Dogggs fans.
I too was disappointed at how little Greg Proops was used, and not that keen on the way Angels was used.
But hey, I know it will be even funnier on 2nd viewing, and then on TV, and I'm sure things will get better with the following episodes.
I'm just happy now :D
:clap: well done boys!!!!!
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

bibliaddict
Consistently Mediocre

Postby bibliaddict » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:19 pm

hellomyfriend wrote:A lot of people have noticed Bret's looking a little less weedy. :heartbeat: There were a few random items about Bret going to the gym and Bret's personal trainer. I was confused until I noticed he'd put on a little weight in S2s1.

I hope he doesn't gain anymore though. Right now, his body is perfect. His butt in the woven trousers = :thud:

Oh wait ... I mean: I only appreciate Bret for his mind. :lyre:

Yes, I agree, I prefer my beef "extra lean" :tonqe: . And the woven trousers make me :shock: :D ; I'm considering crocheting him a pair of stubbies. :snakeman:
Spandex Inspector #12

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:27 pm

bibliaddict wrote:Yes, I agree, I prefer my beef "extra lean" :tonqe: . And the woven trousers make me :shock: :D ; I'm considering crocheting him a pair of stubbies. :snakeman:

:gigglesnort: Now that would be hilarious!
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Bret doesn't strike me as the Stubby wearing sort. The only time I think I've seen him in shorts they were the more modest, average guy variety:

Ya know, I thought Bret looked a little different but I couldn't pin point how (plus I was too busy looking at Jemaine). It almost looked like he had eye makeup on in some scenes. He did look a bit beefier when wearing the sunflower shirt though.
90% evil
ImageImage

Return to “HBO TV series”