Season 2 really "The end" ?

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
opiate
Lost but happy at sea

Season 2 really "The end" ?

Postby opiate » Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:56 am

I just saw the latest promo where Dave said he gets to do raps and Mel will sing as well.

This, combined with the relatively seamless continuation of ep201 from the end of the last series (jokes were relatively on point) makes me think

if this season really took off.. think of all the people who found out about it _after_ it finished, and the viewership was really high, do you think HBO could convince them to do it again?

Everyone assumed it couldn't be done well (5+ years of material practically exhausted in 12 episodes) but it's looking like they've pulled it off.. I mean, I like the show more for the humour than the songs anyway. 1 per episode + something random like the jingle from 201, or more of the other cast members singing etc would suit me fine

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: Season 2 really "The end" ?

Postby Val2150 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:09 am

I thought about that too....it would really depend on the guys, but somehow I doubt it. They've said in numerous interviews they want to move on and do other things, and they can't really do that when the show takes up so much of their time. That's not to say they wouldn't come back to the Conchords (in whatever form that may be - live shows, album, etc.) at some later point.....I certainly hope so, but I hope it's when they're ready and don't feel forced into it.

In the meantime, from what we've seen so far it's going to be an exciting year for fans - new episodes, new album and tour in the coming year. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 am

I'll be pleased if the show maintains its (high) level of quality and ends happily. That plus another CD and tour will be just fine for me. Doesn't anyone remember the old saying, "Leave the audience wanting more?"

Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Great H » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:14 am

Checkout this short interview...
(during which NZ is confused with Australia yet again, *aaarrrggghh!*)
Jemaine last words seem to indicate a third season is not completely ruled out... and I think I caught a hint of a gleam in his eye too.
Seems to me they've been having a heck of a lot of fun making season 2 (even if it was ridiculously hard work!) so you never know eh?
Fingers crossed! :pray:

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:21 am

We like gleams... And possibilities... :nod: :pray:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Return to “HBO TV series”