HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 2

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season Two - Ep 2

Postby Val2150 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:24 am

SheWolf wrote:
Val2150 wrote:the mesh shirt, the short-shorts, the POLE DANCING - that took some serious cojones.

Well um you did see him in those shorts did you not? :shock: 'Nuff said. :twisted: :P :drool:

Girl, did I ever! And those shoulders, and the arms....ooh, and the blue shirt.... :waggle: Okay, I'll stop now. :halo: :D

I also thought Bret was fantastic in this ep. I fell for Bret the first time I saw "Boom" last season, and even though my heart belongs (mostly) to the J-Dog, this ep made me go slightly Bretero. What a cutie pie. :heart:

Oh, and I just about died at Jemaine's "rules": "No laughing" :roll2:
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:52 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:And I just love Bret in the black shirt in "Prostitute" :love: - can't wait for those screencaps!!! :wink:

I do so love that shirt!

I recognized it immediately.
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:52 am

Oh my dear sweet baby Cheesus. I just laughed so hard that I actually, literally died. I thought I was going to die, and then I did. I am typing this as a ghost. In case you're wondering, the whole spectral existence thing isn't so bad, really. Bit chilly, but otherwise totally fine. Watch out for Slimer, though. Dude seriously has no ectoplasmic social skills. Eugh.

I thought New Cup was a major return to form, and I'm so pleased to see it. It isn't that A Good Opportunity was shoddy at all, but this one felt more authentically Conchordian to me. I'm not even sure what that means. Maybe I'm just a sucker for the sex jokes. I do adore a bit of bawdy humour, especially when it incorporates gags about sweet, white and highly refined boy-parts. Gets me every time.

Shall we have a moment of silent appreciation for Bret's, um, ballsiness? Splaying your legs that wide takes courage, man:

And then getting a little intense with his eye action:

That curly-haired girl behind him? Iz me. Yeah, not even pretending to look elsewhere.

I also loved this exchange:

The boys sit in their apartment, which has just been plunged into darkness.

Bret: (calmly) Oh. We got a letter from the electric company.

Jemaine: What did it say?

Bret: Dunno, didn't read it.

:rolls:

I thought both songs in this episode were really strong. Sugalumps was just so horribly great, I had to watch it through my fingers, and I loved the Bunny-Wailer-meets-Roxanne You Don't Have to be a Prostitute. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the former song emanated from Jemaine's sordid mind, and the latter one one crawled out of Bret's fetid imagination. Fantastic. I've listened to them both far too many times on my iPod, and have started shouting at iTunes UK to hurry the hell up and let me buy the real versions already. No love yet, but I live in hope. It's those robots, controlling everything. **Shakes fist**

Oh, and this shot of them in the Chinese restaurant, with the poor roasted ducks hung up behind them? Totally reminded me of the awful, gory, head-on duck Bret ordered in the pilot episode of season one. Those beaks. They make me sad, but they do make me laugh, too:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby halokiti » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:54 am

This episode is most likely to be paused, rewound, and played repeatedly. There were some good looking buns in this ep. I think we know the location of where we are eating for our next NYC meet. Wing Shoon Seafood Restaurant, 165 Broadway, New York, NY, conveniently near many of the other real life places. Though we'll unfortunately have to supply our own sugar lumps.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:57 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:I thought New Cup was a major return to form, and I'm so pleased to see it.

:points accusing finger at Turnip: You cheated?! I thought you were waiting!

But I'm glad you didn't because we're on a totally similar mind wave and you tend to post what I'm thinking, but to embarassed to actually put in writing. :oops:

ASmallTurnip wrote:Shall we have a moment of silent appreciation for Bret's, um, ballsiness? Splaying your legs that wide takes courage, man:

:silent:

:right-click, set as wallpaper:

ASmallTurnip wrote:I thought both songs in this episode were really strong. Sugalumps was just so horribly great, I had to watch it through my fingers, and I loved the Bunny-Wailer-meets-Roxanne You Don't Have to be a Prostitute. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the former song emanated from Jemaine's sordid mind, and the latter one one crawled out of Bret's fetid imagination. Fantastic. I've listened to them both far too many times on my iPod, and have started shouting at iTunes UK to hurry the hell up and let me buy the real versions already. No love yet, but I live in hope. It's those robots, controlling everything. **Shakes fist**

Give em hell, Turnip!! I need the Prostitute song in my life... I replayed that soooo many times on youtube last night... Sister #2 pretty much has it memorised now... I'm still working on it but randomly burst out with "You don't have to be-e a pros-ti-tute!" Which results in much giggling and :roll2: (the :roll2: is mostly me, but well, it's well earned... :thumb: )
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm

halokiti wrote: I think we know the location of where we are eating for our next NYC meet. Wing Shoon Seafood Restaurant, 165 Broadway, New York, NY, conveniently near many of the other real life places.

Do you think we could request the above pictured table? :waggle:

Val2150

Postby Val2150 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 pm

:lol: That last picture of Bret alone is enough to make me go Bi-Conchordian. Seriously, the Prostitute song was stuck in my head ALL DAMN DAY yesterday. I think you're totally right on who wrote which song, Turnip - oh how I love their naughty senses of humor.

halokiti
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby halokiti » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:40 pm

LOL, this was on the front page of NY Times online this morning.
Critic's Picks: Midnight Cowboy review by AO Scott(my fav): http://video.nytimes.com/video/2009/01/26/movies/1231546059823/critics-picks-midnight-cowboy.html

Looks like Jemaine got the outfit right, esp the kerchief on the neck.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:31 pm

onewithdog wrote:EP 2 should be most of your ladies wet dream of the year, i would think. lol
Well I was gonna say it was a Jemainiac's wet dream but I thought I'd get in trouble for being too saucy.

Was that guy in the cell on the toilet?! I was wondering what he was doing. I thought he was just hung over with his head in his hands but I guess that would explain the divider.

The warden was the same as in Mugged - nice touch.

We need to get a moving gif of Jemaine's hip swivels on the counter.

There was too much Jemaine action for me to give Bret a second glance. I seem to recall this is what happened when I watched the first season, I kind of didn't realize he existed for awhile.

I didn't like Arj's bit in Sugalumps. He should stick to not singing.

Loved the way Jemaine says "shower" and his come hither look he gave the customer in the hotel room and the cop who asked if he was a prostitute.

I loved when Murray said to Bret that Jemaine was a "male prostitute" Reminds me of a show I saw on Discovery where they kept calling it the "male" penis and I laughed thinking --as opposed to the female penis? :puzzled:
90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:43 pm

SheWolf wrote:We need to get a moving gif of Jemaine's hip swivels on the counter.

We also need one of Bret on the table...

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:48 pm

90% evil
ImageImage

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:49 pm

I :heart: you. :prayer:

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:23 pm

LSully9 wrote: :points accusing finger at Turnip: You cheated?! I thought you were waiting!

No way, bro! That wasn't me! Stop pointing the pointy finger of pointal judgment. It makes me feel dirty and ashamed. It's DP you're thinking of!

I think..........

LSully9 wrote:But I'm glad you didn't because we're on a totally similar mind wave and you tend to post what I'm thinking, but to embarassed to actually put in writing. :oops:

ASmallTurnip wrote:Shall we have a moment of silent appreciation for Bret's, um, ballsiness? Splaying your legs that wide takes courage, man:

God knows what you're thinking, Sully. And he's making a note of it for later. I'm just sayin'.

LSully9 wrote:I need the Prostitute song in my life... I replayed that soooo many times on youtube last night... Sister #2 pretty much has it memorised now... I'm still working on it but randomly burst out with "You don't have to be-e a pros-ti-tute!" Which results in much giggling and :roll2: (the :roll2: is mostly me, but well, it's well earned... :thumb: )

Oh me, too. I actually greeted a friend of mine today with an impassioned "You don't have to be-e a pros-ti-tute! No, no no no no........" She was, ah, a little surprised.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

LSully9

Postby LSully9 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:38 pm

ASmallTurnip wrote:
LSully9 wrote: :points accusing finger at Turnip: You cheated?! I thought you were waiting!

No way, bro! That wasn't me! Stop pointing the pointy finger of pointal judgment. It makes me feel dirty and ashamed. It's DP you're thinking of!

I think..........

I know DP was waiting, but I thought you were in on that too... I'm sorry... :( :corrected:

ASmallTurnip wrote:
LSully9 wrote:But I'm glad you didn't because we're on a totally similar mind wave and you tend to post what I'm thinking, but to embarassed to actually put in writing. :oops:

God knows what you're thinking, Sully. And he's making a note of it for later. I'm just sayin'.

Hmmmmmm... True... I wonder it I'll be able to pick out which handbasket I want to ride in... :hrm:

ASmallTurnip wrote:
LSully9 wrote:I need the Prostitute song in my life... I replayed that soooo many times on youtube last night... Sister #2 pretty much has it memorised now... I'm still working on it but randomly burst out with "You don't have to be-e a pros-ti-tute!" Which results in much giggling and :roll2: (the :roll2: is mostly me, but well, it's well earned... :thumb: )

Oh me, too. I actually greeted a friend of mine today with an impassioned "You don't have to be-e a pros-ti-tute! No, no no no no........" She was, ah, a little surprised.

Hahaha! Nice! :thumb:

Val2150

Postby Val2150 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:49 pm

You guys think that's bad, you have no idea how much effort it's taken me to listen to Sugalumps and NOT do some serious booty-shaking around my office. I've had to settle for bopping around in my desk chair. :D

Return to “HBO TV series”