Postby SheWolf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:03 pm

:D
90% evil
ImageImage

charks
New arrival

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two - Ep 7

Postby charks » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:09 pm

This was setting up to be my least favorite episode of the entire season...right up until Jemaine said "She calls it Art Garfunkeling". I thought it really took off after that.

Still didn't care for the first song.

Loved the second song. My wife screamed..."That's Hangul!"...speaking of the subtitles. (We have a daughter that was born in Korea). Loved...loved...loved it.

One thing I really appreciate are the very subtle facial gestures of Jemaine. That little frown he gave when the real Art Garfunkel hugged Devil Woman just killed me.

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:13 pm

The Korean thing was completely lost on me because I have next to no knowledge of karaoke anyway, much less Korean karaoke. Also I agree with bibli about the placing of that scene. Why on earth was it inserted after the convo between Mel & Jemaine?
90% evil
ImageImage

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:28 pm

Cliff Richard vid I am absolutely sure "Demon Woman" is based on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yosCYE4vwlY

And wow, can't stop playing Demon Woman on YouTube.
Is there a smiley with a fan? :snakeman:

I also loved the karaoke scene because it was completely random. I love visual non-sequitirs.

ETA: WOW. Just wow. hrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:47 pm

poptartgirl wrote:Regarding the karaoke, Bret was singing in Korean, not Japanese.

Thanks for the correction poptart. :) Whatever the language, that moment was awesome in its total random hilarity. I think that might be one of my fave moments this season.

mohumbhai mania wrote:Is there a smiley with a fan? :snakeman:

I have a smiley with a fan, but it's probably not what you have in mind... :lol:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:49 pm

I have a smiley with a fan, but it's probably not what you have in mind...

:D Ah, yes, I know that one well!!!!!

I am bike-cheese!

Egbert Nobacon
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Egbert Nobacon » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:18 pm

SheWolf wrote:The Korean thing was completely lost on me because I have next to no knowledge of karaoke anyway, much less Korean karaoke. Also I agree with bibli about the placing of that scene. Why on earth was it inserted after the convo between Mel & Jemaine?

I think it was the setting - a man and a woman sitting on a park bench in autumn and looking a bit sad. I lived in Japan for a few years and the karaoke videos were exactly like that.

slut_angel22@yahoo
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:33 pm

Ahhhhh, SW, I was so worried when you saw Jem in that wig that it would be 'all over' for you - but you impress me, you found it sixy. Of course he went on to redeem himself for anyone who found the wig a bit less than desirable. The DW bit made me forget he had even donned a wig. Made me forget alot actually. Jem is starting to scare me, he's getting too sixy in a non NZ way. I want my sorta shy boy back.

Nancy - great recall and I agree with almost all you posted about the highlights for you - same for me.

The Korean thing was completely lost on me because I have next to no knowledge of karaoke anyway, much less Korean karaoke. Also I agree with bibli about the placing of that scene. Why on earth was it inserted after the convo between Mel & Jemaine?

I don't think my reason for loving this part is the same as anyone else's. Last week I purchased a knock off of a knock-off of an iPhone. Of course it's an "oriental" phone with no handbook. I have been wracking my brains and surfing the internet like crazy learning how to operate the thing and see what it has. When I finally got to the music part of the phone, it had 3 "oriental" songs which I played and really liked alot - I even downloaded them to my computer. So when Bret started doing his oriental karaoke thing last night it really struck a chord with me - I could identify...in a really unrelated way.
Bret: Have been sheared.
Jemaine: Have been shorn.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 pm

he's getting too sixy in a non NZ way. I want my sorta shy boy back.

Ah, you mean the one who disrobed down to his business socks? I want him back too! :rolleyes:

But srsly, leather pants + Flight of the Conchords = best idea in the history of the universe.

I am bike-cheese!

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:08 pm

Ah, you mean the one who disrobed down to his business socks? I want him back too!

Yis, that would be him. Exactly.

I'm attracted to the Jemaine who when tripping over his pant legs turns it into a sexy dance. Or the polite prostitute who insists his 'janes' shower first, etc etc.

As much as I found last episode's DW display jaw dropping and yet another testament to Jem's extreme talent, there's more than enough of those types of characters (overtly sexual) to go around - too dark. But he did a brilliant job at it. I just find the other stuff more intellectually intriguing and for me "that's" sexy and attractive.

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:22 pm

As much as I found last episode's DW display jaw dropping and yet another testament to Jem's extreme talent, there's more than enough of those types of characters (overtly sexual) to go around - too dark. But he did a brilliant job at it. I just find the other stuff more intellectually intriguing and for me "that's" sexy and attractive.

I completely get your point, slutangel22@yahoo. I kind of found Jem being, erm, more forceful kind of, erm, stimulating. Sort of the old "why Miss ___________, you're beautiful without those glasses" thing.

I am bike-cheese!

The Talking Stove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby The Talking Stove » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 pm

Loved the croutons bit. Ridiculous conversations like that kill me every time.

I was waiting for Doug to be dressed as Bret or Jemaine, and it didn't disappoint :)

Also really liked Jemaine immediately shouting to Bret that he had a date. As at the end of episode 6 (where Brahbrah asks Bret to go for coffee and he asks if Jemaine can come) it shows amusing/cute levels of friendship.

Could take or leave the songs...
Have you ever been told that you look like a llama?

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:37 pm

slut_angel22@yahoo wrote:Jem is starting to scare me, he's getting too sixy in a non NZ way. I want my sorta shy boy back.
Maybe that’s why I find him sexier as Garfunkel than the DW guy. But the DW bit is fantasy, Jemaine imagining himself that way, so I don't think you need to be too worried. As much as I love the song and the video (so cheesy!) it totally didn’t fit into the storyline. This chick (did she even have a name?) was no weirder than Brahbrah and neither of them were demonic in the least. Perhaps that seems nitpicky but I thought this season the songs would flow more easily into the storylines than they did in S1 and I’m finding it mostly to be the opposite.
90% evil
ImageImage

WomanInThePark
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:40 pm

The Talking Stove wrote:Also really liked Jemaine immediately shouting to Bret that he had a date.

That was such a hilariously Jarrody thing to do. I loved it, of course.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

slut_angel22@yahoo

Postby slut_angel22@yahoo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:46 pm

This chick (did she even have a name?) was no weirder than Brahbrah and neither of them were demonic in the least.

Ahhhh, besides you reminding me that the DW part was his fantasy, this brings to light Jem's "pureness"...ahhhh...just what we love him for.

If the slight sexual twist this woman employs comes across as extremely evil to him, it then just validates his goodness and how her behavior so totally rattled him. Ahhhh....phew....thank you SW.

Return to “HBO TV series”