HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 10

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
onewithdog
Half a shapely halibut

Re: HBO Flight of the Conchords Show - Season Two- Ep 10

Postby onewithdog » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 am

mohumbhai mania wrote:If it has to be the end, it was a great way to go

Agreed.

And move over Sherry. I think Nancy is the biggest uber fan of FOTC. Kidding, kinda.

Great episode. Cant wait to watch 4 more time, at least.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:18 am

I loved the instrumental bits! The pigeons and sheep! Ahaha!! And when Mel & Doug were taking custody of each of them! :lol:
Aww... they left off on such a high note! I loved it!
Image If this is really the end... I'm happy with it.

Image everyone.
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

charks
New arrival

Postby charks » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:48 am

Loved "Lost at Sea". Such quirky phrasing...and clever lyrics of course.

Everyone go back and rewatch the scene right after the play ended. After Murray praises Jemaine's acting...and tells him it was still a "bit boring"...Jemaine gives a little frown then has to choke back a laugh. I replayed that a half dozen times and laughed every time.

The vast majority of TV comedies are seriously unfunny (save for the occasional Office or 30 Rock epi)...but FotC made me laugh every week. I have a big fat grin on my face the entire 30 minutes.

If this was the end...way to go out on top. :clap:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:03 am

Whambi wrote:What can I say....that show definitely had SERIES FINALE written all over it.

Well it was a nice two season ride......even though we were shorted by two episodes this season. Hmmmm, maybe the DVD will have some lost episodes on it.

Someone hasn't read the JB Q&A then ;) No lost episodes. They decided long ago to only film 10 for the second season. As to extras, JB revealed what he hoped would be on the DVD release :)

rachaellove
Giving the paper to the people

Postby rachaellove » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:24 am

Nancy Hillner wrote:I just couldn't read this week's NZ poster! :(

"It's Not Boring in New Zealand"
"I'm a person. Bret's a person. You're a person. That person over there is a person. And every person deserves to be treated like a person."

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:31 am

If anyone wants to make an animated gif of "bed-head" Jemaine turning the lamps on and off *cough*onlyalways*cough* I'd love you forever! :heartbeat: :eyelashes:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

trefusis
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby trefusis » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:10 am

Am now feeling all misty and valedictory, and I haven't even seen any of S2 yet.

It's good to know they end up back in NZ :D
That's the conclusion that I've come to, but...

opiate
Lost but happy at sea

Postby opiate » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 am

Was wondering how they'd fit in the "Mohumbai and Son" commercials all season and then they never did.. if they were extras I wonder which episode from

WomanInThePark

Postby WomanInThePark » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:04 pm

I loved this episode.
Petrov was nice, but I would have preferred some notice that it was coming... "Sleep well, Bret... don't dream of any Russian sea shanties..."
The musical was wonderful but I would have liked more reminiscing, with a season 1 plot or two.
Beth, did you really need to fake your death?

mohumbhai mania
Can Attack!

Postby mohumbhai mania » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:04 pm

Was wondering how they'd fit in the "Mohumbai and Son" commercials all season and then they never did.. if they were extras I wonder which episode from

I think they were just show promos, but I sure hope they end up on the DVD. I like them a little. :lol:
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< avatar
Too much time on too many hands - too many ladies, not enough mans

I am bike-cheese!

JulesJules

Postby JulesJules » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:11 pm

I thought this was a good ending. I think it's still possible, though very unlikely, that there will be a third season. This episode was definitely a series ender, but they could get new visas and try the U.S. again. But gosh, they were so cute in NZ with their shorts and wellies on, tossing sheep and playing fence posts and barbed wire.

I'm not too sad, because if they choose not to do a third season, it's because they either don't want to do one due to lack of interest (their interest, not ours) or they don't feel they can keep the quality consistent. It's much better to go out with a win.

*sigh* I will miss the show, but the guys aren't retiring. I have the concert to look forward to in 19 days and there will be other projects for both of them.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 pm

It was a great ending! I knew they'd end up in NZ! I was hoping for a little rendition of 'Hotties' when they returned to NZ but I'm glad 'Petrov, Yelena and Me' made it into the show although I missed Jemaine's part in the song too.

I loved the instrumental parts at the beginning and the end especially when Jemaine would pick up pigeons in NY and sheep in NZ. They looked so cute and so happy in NZ which was really heart-warming and great to see.

I loved how the break-up of Doug and Mel was made out to be like parents explaining a divorce to children and Mel says something like Bret's too young to understand and Bret's like "I'm 32". Mel staring underneath Jemaine's duvet whilst she was tucking him into bed and Jemaine sliding down the bed at the same time was a really funny moment!

There was a great scene when Jemaine and Doug are living together and they're partying with a couple of girls to 'Too Many Dicks' covered in toilet paper and Doug has something like a bottle of vodka in his hand, dancing away to the music :lol:.

The series could end on this note but it's not impossible for them to continue with a third season if they really wanted to. This show has brought me so many laughs and I'll always be grateful to them for providing me with hours of entertainment. It's a shame that this is the finale but whether or not this really is the end isn't certain.
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:46 pm

charks wrote:Loved "Lost at Sea". Such quirky phrasing...and clever lyrics of course.

Everyone go back and rewatch the scene right after the play ended. After Murray praises Jemaine's acting...and tells him it was still a "bit boring"...Jemaine gives a little frown then has to choke back a laugh. I replayed that a half dozen times and laughed every time.

The vast majority of TV comedies are seriously unfunny (save for the occasional Office or 30 Rock epi)...but FotC made me laugh every week. I have a big fat grin on my face the entire 30 minutes.

If this was the end...way to go out on top. :clap:

:rolls: I just re-watched that part and it's absolutely hilarious! :rolls:

I also liked the part when Murray talks about his 'groping' habit which is taken from their BBC radio show :D
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:02 pm

I thought the ending was just perfect and I'm so glad they ended up back home. They looked so happy! That thousand-watt smile of Jemaine's at the end.... :heart: So grateful to those two for making me laugh, bringing such joy into my life and, through this site, helping me make some fabulous new friends. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:15 pm

Loved it. Loved every minute of it. I'm feeling too sentimental to write very much about it right now, so I'm just going to distract myself with some glorious classic Kiwiana that they included, which made me laugh until my face hurt.

Swanndri Bush Shirt:

If you'd like a cosy Swanndri of your own, you can get yourself a lovely piece of Kiwiana here.

Black Singlets and Gumboots:

Jandals:

Stubbies:

See here for full, hilarious detail, courtesy of Mr. Clement.

Mt. Taranaki:

The beautiful, iconic edifice of the North Island:

The Beehive:

Also known as the beloved New Zealand parliament building in Wellington:

I'm sure that there's about a hundred more that I missed on the first viewing, but these are the ones that immediately jumped out at me. Did anybody spot any others?

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Return to “HBO TV series”