CD + DVD (Season 2)

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Oaky
New arrival

CD + DVD (Season 2)

Postby Oaky » Mon May 04, 2009 10:36 am

Hey,

Just wondering about a couple of things.
I heard the season 2 CD was supposed to come out on the 14th of April (about 3 weeks ago?) and I haven't heard anything of it since. Does anyone have any info about it?
Also (a tad unrelated), I heard it was going to be called I Told You I Was Freaky which IMO is a great choice for name seeing as it's my fav song of the second season, but why spell it different to the song name ('eaky' vs 'eekie')?

Also, the DVD. I haven't heard a thing of it except for the fact that it'll have the Bus Driver's Song as a DVD-exclusive at the end of epsiode 8 (and don't we all need that, I can't wait!). Anyone know anything about the release date?

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated :D
"What are you doing in here?!"
"Fixing the shower..."
"It wasn't broken!"
"Well, I'm sorry; I broke it... I'm sorry."

Just another Eugene moment :P

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Re: CD + DVD (Season 2)

Postby vmh » Mon May 04, 2009 3:14 pm

According to the HBO website, the Season 2 DVD is scheduled to be released on August 4, 2009.

And there's a thread concerning the album. I don't think it's been released yet but all of the songs are available for download on iTunes.

http://whatthefolk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2252
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 04, 2009 3:17 pm

I am really excited for this because I don't have HBO so I haven't seen the second season. I haven't been entirely successful in avoiding spoilers but it's still not the same as seeing the whole thing. Plus it gves me something Conchordian to look forward to, which is always nice.

vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Postby vmh » Mon May 04, 2009 3:29 pm

I can't wait! I'm TV-less but I've kept up with the second season on surfthechannel.com. But sadly, most of the season 2 episodes were removed on the website. And now I have a pang to rewatch episodes.

::whispers to self:: Good things come to those who wait. Good things come to those who wait. Good things come to those who wait.
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Mon May 04, 2009 3:39 pm

My computer is old and tired and watching videos is a little too much for it. It's more like watching a collection of stills, with snippets of sound added.

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby helgecko » Tue May 05, 2009 4:06 am

Oaky wrote:Also, the DVD. I haven't heard a thing of it except for the fact that it'll have the Bus Driver's Song as a DVD-exclusive at the end of epsiode 8 (and don't we all need that, I can't wait!).

oh, I didn't know that! I'm so glad!! :D
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Tue May 05, 2009 4:41 am

Ahhh, I cannot wait until August 4th! I want to see those special features... especially the gag reel... more than absolutely anything. Please, Bret, Jemaine, and/or James Bobin... please try to find time for a commentary on a couple of the episodes? That would make my month. :D
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue May 05, 2009 7:46 am

Oaky wrote:Also, the DVD. I haven't heard a thing of it except for the fact that it'll have the Bus Driver's Song as a DVD-exclusive at the end of epsiode 8 (and don't we all need that, I can't wait!). Anyone know anything about the release date?

Thanks for your help guys, much appreciated :D

James Bobin gave a good indication of what to expect on the DVD in the Q&A on here a while back. He made no mention of Bus Drivers being an extra. He did say a few other things though. Suggest you read the Q&A. Be interesting to see if your info is good.

Oaky
New arrival

Postby Oaky » Wed May 06, 2009 12:39 pm

OK, so we know about the DVD.

How about the CD? Does anyone have a definitive release date/track list?
Is there's gonna be 15 songs, then the extra 5 I'd want would be:

Too Many Dicks...
You Don't Have To...
Song For Epileptic Dogs
Bret's Day
and Bus Driver's Song
OR
Everyday Sounds Compilation
"What are you doing in here?!"
"Fixing the shower..."
"It wasn't broken!"
"Well, I'm sorry; I broke it... I'm sorry."

Just another Eugene moment :P

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed May 06, 2009 1:36 pm

Oaky wrote:OK, so we know about the DVD.

How about the CD? Does anyone have a definitive release date/track list?
Is there's gonna be 15 songs, then the extra 5 I'd want would be:

Too Many Dicks...
You Don't Have To...
Song For Epileptic Dogs
Bret's Day
and Bus Driver's Song
OR
Everyday Sounds Compilation

No, again I posted on here and in a news update on the main site about the Sub Pop statement which gives no definate release date nor does it confirm the final track listing.

As soon as we know anything it'll be posted to the news page of the main site and somewhere on the forum.

Return to “HBO TV series”