Page 15 of 17

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:36 pm
by kellysouthpaw
I'm split between two in particular: Bret and Jemaine's band meeting (B, ah, ah, ah, AH, AHHRR...Jemaine, Je-maine, JE. MAINE.) and Bret trying to impress Savannah - especially the first bit (see my sig)

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:52 am
by Nancy
I La-la-la-ed and closed my eyes through the last couple of posts, because I think I'll be the last person on earth to get my flippin' DVD!!!
IT'S STILL NOT HERE!!!!
And I too ordered it off the WTF/Amazon thingy. Not...thinking... straight... must have DVD now... :x

:offtopic:
MM, I had an attack of vertigo recently. Luckily, I called my Dr, and she prescribed Antivert right away, and I was okay after doing the vertigo exercises and taking the meds. Thank goodness! The first time it happened, I ended up in the hospital. :sick: Not fun. Hope you're all better soon.

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:11 am
by Bad Atom
Don't worry Nancy, you're not alone.

About the DVDs, I mean. Not the vertigo. :rolleyes:

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:28 am
by Nancy
I figured if Sully's in Philly and she got hers last week, and I'm on the East Coast too.... what the heck??? :puzzled:

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:32 am
by ravenhpltc24
You should look up that UPS tracker thing and figure out where the heck it is! That always makes me feel better when a package is late. Then at least you know it's coming...

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:26 am
by Nancy
Oh it's coming, all right - I think Stana's riding it here via Pony Express. :roll:
I got a notice last week that it had shipped....:sosad:

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:51 pm
by mohumbhai mania
Nancy wrote:I La-la-la-ed and closed my eyes through the last couple of posts, because I think I'll be the last person on earth to get my flippin' DVD!!!
IT'S STILL NOT HERE!!!!
And I too ordered it off the WTF/Amazon thingy. Not...thinking... straight... must have DVD now... :x

:offtopic:
MM, I had an attack of vertigo recently. Luckily, I called my Dr, and she prescribed Antivert right away, and I was okay after doing the vertigo exercises and taking the meds. Thank goodness! The first time it happened, I ended up in the hospital. :sick: Not fun. Hope you're all better soon.


I was, I just needed lots of water and just not moving a whole lot, which I was of course quite willing to do. I gotta remember to ask for Antivert the next time...

Have you got your DVD yet?

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:12 am
by Nancy
VICTORY!!!!! It came today!!! :whitey: :whitey: :whitey:

I immediately went to the outtakes and deleted scenes, and had a blast. :roll2: :rolls: :bounce:

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:22 am
by Nancy
Having just seen it, the most recent scene that stuck in my head and made me laugh out loud was the Mel and Doug in bed - Helen Mirren/Barbra Streisand discussion. :lol:I'm sure there are plenty more I'll remember upon follow-up viewings. :D

Who's a happy camper today??? :whitey:

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:29 am
by Nancy
I have to say I wish they had the outtakes and deleted scenes close-captioned. There are so many mumblings I could have deciphered. I guess lipreading and asking here will help.

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:49 am
by Ozpot
Nancy wrote:I have to say I wish they had the outtakes and deleted scenes close-captioned. There are so many mumblings I could have deciphered. I guess lipreading and asking here will help.


You know what they say about kiwis - nobody can understand them. :P

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:55 am
by Nancy
:lol: Love 'em, but I never realized I relied so much on closed-captioning to understand them. :rolleyes:

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:09 am
by bakergirl30
Nancy wrote::lol: Love 'em, but I never realized I relied so much on closed-captioning to understand them. :rolleyes:

:roll2: :nod:

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:40 pm
by Amanda
you can always turn on the subtitles, Nance :yawinkle: although you will find there's some room left for improvement in that area (accuracy-wise) it's better than no subtitles at all.

Re: HBO Season 2 DVD release

Posted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:51 am
by Nancy
On my "dvd disc", it says Closed-Captioned except for Outtakes and Deleted Scenes. :(
I'm not missing much, but I'd love to know what they're mumbling sometimes. Like when Jemaine wakes up Bret and he karate chops the air, is it gibberish, or is he really saying something??