Do YOU think the Conchords should make a 3rd season?

The place for all Conchords HBO convo

Do YOU think the Conchords should make a 3rd season?

Yes! Diffinately! Why are you even asking?
27%
Yeah, I hope so, maybe after they've done some other stuff.
29%
I don't think so, unless they're certain they've got some really great ideas.
31%
No, definitely not. I want to see other things from the Conchords.
14%

Total votes: 49

canattack
Half a shapely halibut

Re: Do YOU think the Conchords should make a 3rd season?

Postby canattack » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:10 pm

mockingbird wrote:
ThreeHoursToNewYork wrote:When its with me girl, you only need three hours.....

:lol:

Because I'm not that intense :lol:
Flighty est. 2007

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 pm

I personally voted for yes, because I can't act like if they announced a new season that I wouldn't be incredibly excited, haha.

I didn't read all the pages, but I'm probably in the minority of not loving the ending of season 2 as an end to the series. I liked it as a cliff-hanger, "Oh no, what will they do now??" not "Welp... that's it." Haha. I'm an optimist at heart, I don't like to see people fail. Well, failure IS funny, but to me it's more funny as part of the journey, not the end result. So while I enjoy seeing them screw up and meet dead end after dead end, in the back of my mind I want that feeling of "One day they'll get there."
But I can see where people who don't want a season 3 are coming from. How would they keep it fresh for another season and not just repeat what we've already seen? Well, I think it would be interesting to have some of it take place in New Zealand. Maybe Mel being the crazy woman she is follows them there. Maybe people love them way more in NZ than in America. Maybe they finally get back to the States, and taste success, but it turns out not being what they bargained for and they give it up and start from scratch again.
I don't need an ending that has them become superstars, or have an uplifting ending, but I'd like to see the series leave these characters with a little bit of dignity and optimism.
Their optimism is what I related to the most about the characters and the show, partly because I'm an artist myself struggling to make a name for myself. No matter how hopeless their situation seemed they were still at it every day. Literally playing for crowds of 0, haha, earning no money, sustaining only one fan, having band meetings that go nowhere, breaking up and reuniting, they never gave up the dream, they kept going. So, it's almost really depressing for me to see that optimism extinguished in the end.
That's why I want another season. I just don't want to see the boys give up, haha. But I'm excited for whatever they do next regardless.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:50 pm

thestray wrote:I don't need an ending that has them become superstars, or have an uplifting ending, but I'd like to see the series leave these characters with a little bit of dignity and optimism... it's almost really depressing for me to see that optimism extinguished in the end.

That's interesting because I thought the ending was actually quite optimistic and left them with whatever dignity they ever had intact, lol. They seemed pretty happy to be back in NZ. They didn't give up their music, they were out in the pasture rocking out with the sheep. It seemed to me that they were back in their element and they appeared to be quite content. True, they didn't make it in NY and it didn't appear they had any plans on going back there and trying again, so I guess in that sense there was a lack of optimism but I didn't get the feeling that they were crushed by this or anything.

Hey - while we're on this subject, what's up with that press release they guys were supposedly going to do about the show? I expected it by now.

closet jemainiac

Postby closet jemainiac » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:24 pm

Well I didnt like the ending, but I dont really want another season. :P

Im saying I didnt like the end because it felt very out of place. Im talking about just the VERY end, with them rockin it out with the sheep. A little too "Im happy just to play for my best bud and the sheep"..... Sure it was cute and funny, but it just didnt do it for me. (And Im one that usually likes the unexpected plot twists-even though that wasnt all that "unexpected") At first I wanted a 3rd season to make up for the lack of satisfaction I got from the s2 ending, but I think Jem is on his way to a very rewarding acting career (and hopefully some serious music is on the agenda too :pray:) And Im super excited to see what's on the horizon for both....they are obviously gifted musically and non silly songs from both (separate or together) and new roles for Jem are what Im really craving....

The show was great overall, but I think they are thinking "Been there, done that...move on" And I dont blame them. I wanna move on too!

If they announce that there will be another season...I will be a little dissapointed (mostly feel sorry for them cause of all the grueling work that's ahead)...and will have a "wait and see" kind of attitude as far as the show, but be excited cause it will mean they will tour again in the US! :D ...hopefully...

thestray
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby thestray » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:41 pm

mockingbird wrote:
thestray wrote:I don't need an ending that has them become superstars, or have an uplifting ending, but I'd like to see the series leave these characters with a little bit of dignity and optimism... it's almost really depressing for me to see that optimism extinguished in the end.

That's interesting because I thought the ending was actually quite optimistic and left them with whatever dignity they ever had intact, lol. They seemed pretty happy to be back in NZ. They didn't give up their music, they were out in the pasture rocking out with the sheep. It seemed to me that they were back in their element and they appeared to be quite content. True, they didn't make it in NY and it didn't appear they had any plans on going back there and trying again, so I guess in that sense there was a lack of optimism but I didn't get the feeling that they were crushed by this or anything.

Hey - while we're on this subject, what's up with that press release they guys were supposedly going to do about the show? I expected it by now.

You're probably right, it's been a while since I watched that episode, maybe I'm remembering it wrong or projecting my own feelings onto the characters, haha.

mockingbird
Thinks it's hot the way he looks left a lot

Postby mockingbird » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:37 am

Could be, or maybe we just got different things from it.

Hot Jam
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Hot Jam » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:36 pm

My heart shouts out to the high heavens: YES! Definintely YES PLEASE!! without hesitation but quietly below the sound of my singing heart, my mind clearly and strongly mumbles: no...no...but, oh...yep, no, really, no.

Like many, I'm torn. Only because it technically did end and we were provided with some closure (depends on one's perspective, I know) and if they did come back with more TV shows, the expectation levels would be through the roof across the universe. They could bring their A+++++(infinity) game and it very well might not matter. I'll state something here that's very generalized and generic: people are judgy and they're fickle. On the other hand, Jemaine and Bret really don't have anything to prove and if they had some super-great ideas (which they've all been up until now)...

So, I voted for #3 to satisfy my heart's desires as well as express a rational, logical wish to have a chance to see the results of Bret and Jemaine putting their wonderfully and massively creative heads together.

Plus, I miss them...
"Where does the instrument begin and the man start?"
"Funny you should say that. That's how I feel when I play it."
- Bret and Jemaine, Omnichord banter, Radio City Music Hall, 4/15/2009

deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby deliriumtree » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:49 am

I miss them too. As long as they tour now and then I'm happy though.

CJ I never thought about Jemaine doing serious music. But, now that you put the idea into my head I'm liking it. 8)
"Hey Ya'll, I'm destroying your city!" And the Bret and Jemaine angels looked on in approval.

Return to “HBO TV series”