HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season One

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
SheWolf
Boom King!

Re: HBO Flight of The Conchords show

Postby SheWolf » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:49 pm

Nancy Hillner wrote:Did anyone else get this from HBO today? I haven't gone over it thoroughly, but I think if you want to watch the guys, you'd better be a night/morning owl :shock: Check out the broadcast times for season 1 reruns!

http://webmail.aol.com/39598/aol/en-us/ ... ntact=true

I just tried the link, and obviously HBO doesn't want you to see it. Anyway, it has a schedule of FoTC starting 10/27 at something like 3:30 am, another bit about FoTC on Facebook, and a third about FoTC and Halloween. I'll try to check out the HBO site and see if I can find it. :hrm:

That link doesn't work but I assume you're referring to the stuff that was discussed here?:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1846
90% evil
ImageImage

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:08 am

It was basically the same material, set up differently, but as Indy said, it was a big letdown. The rerun times for Season One are absolutely ridiculous. I don't think there's one start time before 1:30am, est.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:28 pm

I'm sure as January approaches they'll put it on at more resonable times... :shock:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Spumony5000 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:42 pm

I just caught half of the episode "girlfriends" on HBOL. It was funny watching the episode in spanish. I was curious to see if they would dub the music portions of the song and they did. The guy they have doing Jemaine's voice isn't too bad it sounds similar but Bret's and Murray's are totally off.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Spumony5000 wrote:I just caught half of the episode "girlfriends" on HBOL. It was funny watching the episode in spanish. I was curious to see if they would dub the music portions of the song and they did. The guy they have doing Jemaine's voice isn't too bad it sounds similar but Bret's and Murray's are totally off.

:prayer:
Throw us your potatoes!

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Re: HBO Flight of The Conchords show - Season One

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:38 am

At 8:30 tonight East Coast time on HBO2 they showed "The Actor". So they are showing FoTC at a more reasonable hour. :yay:

I haven't sat down and watched the show in a while, so it was great to see it again. Makes me look forward to next year! :nod:
Oh, fish-like Lady

Lady-like Fish

I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady

No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit

La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Bad Atom
The "Play Whatever You Want!" Guy

Postby Bad Atom » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:35 pm

I finally forced my mom to watch the show for the first time. (To be fair, it was my birthday and I could do whatever I wanted. She wanted to go out to eat; I wanted FOTC and pizza.) I showed her "Mugged" and "What Goes on Tour" because I think those are the best introductory episodes to show someone. Also the least "objectionable". I won't count her as a convert, but she didn't hate it. That's progress!

Well, at least I've added +5 to the fan list so far...

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Val2150 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:48 pm

I've tried to convert a few people too Atom! I had my mom watch part of S2 Ep 2, and I think the liked it.....I wasn't sure she would. I also got a guy in my office hooked, he's working his way through S1 now....and the guy I'm dating is watching it now too. Yay for converting fans!
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

SheWolf
Boom King!

Postby SheWolf » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:15 pm

I converted my dad by showing him the youtube clip of flipping the bird. He's seen all the eps so far including the 2nd season. I think Mel is his favorite character.

I converted one friend and got my mom to watch The 3rd Conchord - she laughed so hard she cried.
90% evil
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:46 pm

My parents have only heard "Foux de Fafa" because my mom took HS French and I tried to get her to see if she could translate it for me - she couldn't :roll2: But she laughed at the "supermarchet" part :)

Other than that I converted my best girl friend, and I'm sure my best guy friend will convert when he sees them for the first time in Detroit with me in April.

Here's a couple of hilarious screencaps I got from "Yoko"

Return to “HBO TV series”