Is it possible to buy the HBO series on DVD?

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Hanify
New arrival

Postby Hanify » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:10 am

We don't get HBO in NZ, so we don't get to see it. Does anyone know if you can buy it?

davebo
New arrival

Postby davebo » Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:26 am

Not yet, but I can't think of an HBO series offhand that they haven't put on DVD once the season is over. I was going to record each episode but I'm pretty positive it'll be on dvd so I'm not going to bother.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:58 am

NZ Prime have bought the rights to air the show over there in NZ.

Sometime in the not too distant future. Hopefully you get Prime (I know not everyone does)

I wrote about it on the main news page a little while back....

NZ Listener reported in its March 31- April 6 edition that TV3 in New Zealand were interested in picking up the Conchords HBO series. The blurb (scroll to end of page) read 'Kiwi folk parody duo Flight of the Conchords are currently filming their self-titled HBO series, which is scheduled to screen in the US from June 1. TV3 has expressed an interest in acquiring the series, having been the only channel here to take any notice of Flight of the Conchords (it screened an Inside New Zealand documentary last year)'.

However, the very latest Listener edition to hit the shelves apparently says that Prime TV in New Zealand have bought the rights and will be showing it there.

UPDATE April 13 - NZ Listener says 'Prime TV has beaten TVNZ and TV3 to the punch by acquiring the Flight of the Conchords’ HBO series, which the folk-parody comedy duo are currently filming in the US. The channel plans to screen the series later in the year, probably in partnership with the comedy it has commissioned from the Gibson Group, Paradise.'

If not it might be worth waiting for DVD but if like me you live elsewhere and its not airing anytime soon, there are other ways of seeing it until a DVD is released :roll:

Hanify
New arrival

Postby Hanify » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:16 am

Thanks for that. Will look forward to it.
Cheers
Bern

Return to “HBO TV series”