Which songs will appear in the HBO series

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Sherry
Professional Blonde

Which songs will appear in the HBO series

Postby Sherry » Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:31 am

This started in another thread, but thought I would give it one of its own.

Part 1 had Beautiful Girl, Humans Are Dead (Robots) and Crying.

So what songs will part 2 have?

Mandraco thinks She's So Hot, If You're Into It and (from having read a report) Inner City Pressure.

I said the first two, but thought maybe Pencils In The Wind (I live in hope as its my joint favourite ever Conchords song) and not Inner City.

Anyways, thoughts, guesses anyone?

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:51 am

I don't think they will, but I hope they play Mermaids. I've been listening to the Folk the World album and that song is hilarious. Hee.

I do think that Pencils in the Wind will pop up next episode or episode 3. I'm hoping they don't polish it up too much.
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:24 am

Andria wrote:I don't think they will, but I hope they play Mermaids. I've been listening to the Folk the World album and that song is hilarious. Hee.

I do think that Pencils in the Wind will pop up next episode or episode 3. I'm hoping they don't polish it up too much.

What do people from an Eastern European country have to do with this?

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:59 am

Johnnyp wrote:What do people from an Eastern European country have to do with this?

Okay, I'll show my non hipness...heh? :eh:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:11 am

Andria wrote:I'm hoping they don't polish it up too much.

Well it wasn't a very good joke to start off with. Pa-dum dum. Thanks for coming in there is a two drink minimum and I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your bartender and wait staff.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:02 pm

Heh. That one took me a moment to figure out.

Do they eventually play a gig at the aquarium? If so, I was thinking that would be the perfect place to play Mermaids.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:19 am

Anyone up for guessing for next week's episode?

It's the one where they get Mugged.

I was thinking Hiphopopotamus vs. the Rhymenocerous and Think About It, Think, Think About It.

But now I'm not sure after reading the HBO Schedule.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:07 am

Well they already showed Think About it in the preview so.......

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:56 am

Johnnyp wrote:Well they already showed Think About it in the preview so.......

They're just trying to throw you off the scent, JP. Don't be fooled.

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:03 am

Yes, previews always lie. But I don't get previews because I don't watch FotC on tv.

But in that case, I'm happy with my guesses, then. :) Though the Hiphopapotamus (that song needs a shorter name... H vs. R?) might turn up later. Episode three seems to be as good an option as any, though.

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:45 am

How many songs are there in the FoTC oeuvre anyway? And how many episodes will there be in the show? Because if they have an average of five per every two episodes, then by episode twelve they'll have done at least thirty songs. Are there thirty FoTC songs? And if so, the most important question is this: why don't I have all of them?

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:30 am

Well, there's what 12 songs on the Live CD? Petrov, Yelyena and Me, KISSING, Pencils in the Wind, Bus Driver's Song, Angels, Bowie, Albi, Mermaid, Nothin' Wrong, Something Special for the Ladies, Hotties, and Frodo.

Then there's the newer-ish ones: Business Time, Humans are Dead, Foux du FaFa, Hiphopapotamus, I'm Not Crying, Think About it, Jenny, Most Beautiful Girl (or whatever they're calling it), She's so Hot BOOM, Bret You've Got It Going On

Then there's Mother*uckers (which I've never heard), their newest song Inner City Pressure, and well... that's more than twenty. There's that wacked up Prince of Parties song (which I'm sure they won't play) and surely they have to write new ones.

And I forgot: If You're Into It.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Jun 27, 2007 2:20 pm

mandraco wrote:Then there's the newer-ish ones: Business Time, Humans are Dead, Foux du FaFa, Hiphopapotamus, I'm Not Crying, Think About it, Jenny, Most Beautiful Girl (or whatever they're calling it), She's so Hot BOOM, Bret You've Got It Going On

Then there's Mother*uckers (which I've never heard), their newest song Inner City Pressure, and well... that's more than twenty. There's that wacked up Prince of Parties song (which I'm sure they won't play) and surely they have to write new ones.

And I forgot: If You're Into It.

Hehe newer-ish :bounce: Most of those date from 2004 or earlier. Humans Are Dead was the end of 2002, early 2003 Only two from the first lot are from 2005/06.

Foux de fafa is actually old and its first incarnation was on the Folk The World CD. Its evolved since then into a more full on song, but yeah, its an oldie.

Mother*uckers is also old from 2002. IIRC Jemaine said he was not sure people would get the joke of that song on an album and its more of a live song. I remember asking them about if it were ever coming out on CD and that it was a great song, and lo it got wheeled out in live shows since then :lol: They also had a couple of other numbers that never made it onto CD. I can't recall the titles now.

The only really *new* songs since 2005 are She's So Hot.. Boom!, Beautiful Girl and Inner City Pressure (I think Jenny was from the 2004 season) and whatever else they have recently written for the show.

I'm guessing they drop down to 2 songs per episode now and let them play full length videos or something. I recall somewhere posting about a full length video has been made for each episode.

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:19 am

*bows before Sherry's superior FotC song knowledge* :prayer:

All I can say is: at least you didn't discover one that I've never heard of... yet, at least. :D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:28 pm

mandraco wrote:*bows before Sherry's superior FotC song knowledge* :prayer:

What can I say other than I need to get me one of those life thingos :roll: :lol:

Return to “HBO TV series”