Which songs will appear in the HBO series

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
discoboy
New arrival

Inner City...

Postby discoboy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:00 pm

i think the show is gonna allow for them to stretch a bit with their songs, and we might be surprised at what we see & hear.

up until now they had to create songs which would work in a Live format, however Inner City Presure (or Inner City Life) is a parody song which may not translate as easily as Bowie to a Live setting...but who knows i could be wrong.

so far i prefer the live versions of their songs...just because they seem to feel fresher, or more spontaneous.
however on the other side i love hearing fully produced mixes of songs...Shes so hot (Boom) in particular was awesome to hear.

mostly this show is very exciting; it is providing all of us FOTC dorks a chance to enjoy new FOTC stuff every week!

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:18 pm

This thread has sort of died.

So bets for this week are: "If you're into it" (which, I'm not sure counts as a bet) and ... Something Special? I don't know, it's not going to fit too well. Let's hope for a new song.

strawman
New arrival

Postby strawman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:00 pm

I wish they would put out a soundtrack to this season with the studio versions from the show. These songs get stuck in your head and they must be heard over and over.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:11 pm

strawman wrote:I wish they would put out a soundtrack to this season with the studio versions from the show. These songs get stuck in your head and they must be heard over and over.

Er they are. Sort of :) The EP due out Agust 7 will have a fair few songs on it. And there is an album due in October. Plus lots of the old songs are already out there in live mp3 format. And not forgetting the live album of their old stuff.

It'll happen sometime :)

Return to “HBO TV series”