HBO FoTC show random convo - Off topic natterings

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Sherry
Professional Blonde

HBO FoTC show random convo - Off topic natterings

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:08 pm

For all those non Conchords moments.....

I've noticed a few threads springing up discussing the HBO show and its other actors, possible (fantasy) plotlines and the like, so I thought I'd post a thread where people can go off topic and anywhere they like.

So yeah, this is the place to talk in more detail and off topic about Sutton Foster, possible (fantasy) plotlines, Arj Barker, locations, Kristen Schaal and anything that is HBO FoTC related, but not actual series convo.

If its Bret/Jemaine/Murray and HBO show related post to the FoTC HBO thread. If its supporting actors off topic stuff etc try it here :)

Make sense? Good :lol:

I'm sure JP and Indy can point you in the right direction if you are unsure.
Last edited by Sherry on Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

tvldiva
Feeling much better now...

Postby tvldiva » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:11 pm

You got it!
:suckers:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Re: HBO FoTC show random convo - Off topic natterings

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:11 pm

Sherry wrote:I'm sure JP and Indy can point you in the right direction if you are unsure.

:dunno: :wink:

PM me if you need to folkers.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:15 pm

tvldiva wrote:You got it!

I do :shock:

:purple:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:18 pm

I got it one time. It took forever to go away.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:48 am

I got a vaccination against getting it.

I never get it. :rolleyes: :wink:
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

CursedCarolers
New arrival

Postby CursedCarolers » Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:21 am

Arj Barker is my new hero

Kebab
New arrival

Postby Kebab » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:10 pm

Episode idea: I'd love to see two women, the mirror image of FOTC move in upstairs. Breck and Charmaine and they too are a singing duo and they look and act just like Bret and Jermaine only they have gigs. They also have one stalker outside who has to share the sidewalk with Mel. Because they have gigs, they end up getting a tour and moving away much to Murray's surprise (he thinks they're lying). FOTC take them on one double date but I can't decide if it would be more funny if they dated "themselves" or the other.

I also do hope they get another season because it would be nice to see FOTC in NYC walking about in Central Park or wherever when it's acutally sunny and bright and not so freezing and grey and dismal.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:41 pm

^That would be funny. Its kind of been mentioned somewhere on the forum but what about a second "fan" showing up and having a real intense psycho rivalry with Mel.

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Ellen » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:18 pm

Kebab wrote:Episode idea: I'd love to see two women, the mirror image of FOTC move in upstairs. Breck and Charmaine and they too are a singing duo and they look and act just like Bret and Jermaine only they have gigs. They also have one stalker outside who has to share the sidewalk with Mel. Because they have gigs, they end up getting a tour and moving away much to Murray's surprise (he thinks they're lying). FOTC take them on one double date but I can't decide if it would be more funny if they dated "themselves" or the other.

:lol: I love it! Very clever. The one I came up with also involves another band, but I tried to avoid the dating theme. Here’s mine:

Feeling under appreciated, Mel abandons the band in hopes of becoming the #1 fan of the more popular Kiwi folk parody duo Knights of the Concourse (played by Samuel Flynn Scott and Luke Buda of The Phoenix Foundation). Murray is distraught by this and insists that the Conchords engage in a battle of the bands with their rivals in an effort to win Mel back. A fierce musical combat between the two bands ensues. At the very last minute, our heroes are victorious and Mel's devotion is secured once more, causing the Conchords to immediately start avoiding her again.

Sub plot: After an odd encounter with a mysterious customer inquiring about the DG-20, Dave becomes convinced that the instrument really is from the future.

And I just realized that I've thought about this waaaaay too much. :oops:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:40 pm

Feeling under appreciated, Mel abandons the band in hopes of becoming the #1 fan of the more popular Kiwi folk parody duo Knights of the Concourse (played by Samuel Flynn Scott and Luke Buda of The Phoenix Foundation).

Brilliant! And those two could probably give them a run for the money when it comes to silly quips between songs! hee!

Awesome ideas from everyone! Maybe they could hire you guys to come up with the story lines and they could just focus on writing new songs!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Cankersaurous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Cankersaurous » Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:58 pm

indigo_jones wrote:
Feeling under appreciated, Mel abandons the band in hopes of becoming the #1 fan of the more popular Kiwi folk parody duo Knights of the Concourse (played by Samuel Flynn Scott and Luke Buda of The Phoenix Foundation).

Brilliant! And those two could probably give them a run for the money when it comes to silly quips between songs! hee!

Awesome ideas from everyone! Maybe they could hire you guys to come up with the story lines and they could just focus on writing new songs!

Dude, yeah, those we're really good! I'm all impressed!

I think that Bret and Mel should get drunk and hook up somehow... but I've got nothing for the plot around that! Maybe you guys could help work this one out! haha!
ROBOT GIRL... Not what they expected.

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:56 am

Anyone having watching parties or does everyone watch the show all by themselves ?

With the exception of last weekend, I get together with my friends, Janet and Renee. They're fellow FoTC (and Neil Finn) fans. And...oh yeah, they have HBO and I don't :wink: .
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Satellite
New arrival

Postby Satellite » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:17 am

How about an episode where there's a part in claymation

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:26 am

poptartgirl wrote:Anyone having watching parties or does everyone watch the show all by themselves ?

With the exception of last weekend, I get together with my friends, Janet and Renee. They're fellow FoTC (and Neil Finn) fans. And...oh yeah, they have HBO and I don't :wink: .

Well, I download them, transport them across our shoddy wireless to the big tv, commandeer it from whoever is watching and blast Conchords throughout the universe.

And, being Australian, I thought the closest we'd get to an Australian on the show was Arj Barker (who is probably more famous here than in America, otherwise why would he go on Last Comic Standing?) until that guy who my sister reckons looks familiar from episode two. Does anyone know who plays him?

Return to “HBO TV series”