HBO FoTC show random convo - Off topic natterings

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:05 pm

I think people already make Hoff t-shirts.

Anyhow, so Arj Barker is out of Last Comic Standing. I still stand by him not actually needing to go on the show in the first place. I've just realised that Arj Barker is more famous than Flight of the Conchords... at least here. That sounds almost sacrilegious.

homeworkwithheather
Giving the paper to the people

Postby homeworkwithheather » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:59 am

until that guy who my sister reckons looks familiar from episode two. Does anyone know who plays him?

Bret's boss? Is that the guy? he was in Old School...that's all I can think of...
his name is Eddie Pepitone....
"Hey guys, remember that time he got his hand caught in that jar? What a dick! I mean...who gets their hand caught in a jar? What a big blooming asshole he was!"

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:42 am

The show got a mention by one of my favorite Texas bands, Buttercup.

http://buttercult.com/news/

no news is sad news

dear cuppite,

it makes us just as sad as perhaps you feel when we see our website with no new news added. it's not as if things aren't going on. there is news. it's just the boring kind you find in those christmas letters that some families insist on writing.

erik got a root canal. odie's cat has ringworm. joe's car is working again. jamie is in florida. boring....

but we are working on EP #3, and planning some special shows for the upcoming release of EP #2. EP #3 will have some old chestnuts from the buttercup annals and some brand new songs that the band has just finished so it should be a treat for old and new listeners.

let's see. what else is there? this rain is awesome. it's like the whole town ran on two legs to el salvador and settled into the rain forest quite nicely next to some quetzals.

flight of the conchords, a new series on HBO, is fantastic. it really makes you want to work on your falsetto.

well, that's all i can think of for now. check out the new slideshow on our myspace page and we hope to see you at one of our upcoming shows. save up some dollarinos for your EP!

love,

joe and le cups
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

poptartgirl

Postby poptartgirl » Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:54 pm

I was listening to KUT FM (90.5 FM in Austin) last night. "Business Time" was played on Jeff McCord's show "Left of the Dial". He made a comment wondering if FOTC are a real band (and briefly mentioned the HBO series). Pfft...silly man :P .
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:03 am

This is a bit random but I just read on IMDB here that Sarah Burns (who played Summer in New Fans) used to be Barney... you know, the purple dinosaur. This was her first professional acting gig. Maybe they should have had a Barney cameo in Prince of Parties. :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1901220/bio

Val2150
Stop touching the monkeys

Re: HBO FoTC show random convo - Off topic natterings

Postby Val2150 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:23 pm

FotC is getting some love on another message board I frequent: http://www.antsmarching.org/forum/showt ... p?t=235574

I love when my fandom obsessions overlap. :D
"You do not choose sexy. Sexy chooses you." -mohumbai mania

H....

Re:

Postby H.... » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:39 pm

cassandrasnow wrote:This is a bit random but I just read on IMDB here that Sarah Burns (who played Summer in New Fans) used to be Barney... you know, the purple dinosaur. This was her first professional acting gig. Maybe they should have had a Barney cameo in Prince of Parties. :D

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1901220/bio

*Hides*
Throw us your potatoes!

Return to “HBO TV series”