HBO FoTC show random convo - Off topic natterings

The place for all Conchords HBO convo
Cankersaurous
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Cankersaurous » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:54 am

poptartgirl wrote:Anyone having watching parties or does everyone watch the show all by themselves ?

With the exception of last weekend, I get together with my friends, Janet and Renee. They're fellow FoTC (and Neil Finn) fans. And...oh yeah, they have HBO and I don't :wink: .

Yeah! My friends all come over to my house every sunday night for Fotc Night.

Beer+Fotc+Friends=Good Times!
ROBOT GIRL... Not what they expected.

brayd1377
New arrival

Postby brayd1377 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:44 am

Johnnyp wrote:^That would be funny. Its kind of been mentioned somewhere on the forum but what about a second "fan" showing up and having a real intense psycho rivalry with Mel.

i think so two because episode 11 is called new fans i saw all the names of the episode except for 10 and 12
and ate bubblegum pie yum!

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:45 am

^ :twisted:

Kebab
New arrival

Postby Kebab » Wed Jul 18, 2007 2:55 am

Ellen wrote:
Kebab wrote:Episode idea: I'd love to see two women, the mirror image of FOTC move in upstairs. Breck and Charmaine and they too are a singing duo and they look and act just like Bret and Jermaine only they have gigs. They also have one stalker outside who has to share the sidewalk with Mel. Because they have gigs, they end up getting a tour and moving away much to Murray's surprise (he thinks they're lying). FOTC take them on one double date but I can't decide if it would be more funny if they dated "themselves" or the other.

:lol: I love it! Very clever. The one I came up with also involves another band, but I tried to avoid the dating theme. Here’s mine:

Feeling under appreciated, Mel abandons the band in hopes of becoming the #1 fan of the more popular Kiwi folk parody duo Knights of the Concourse (played by Samuel Flynn Scott and Luke Buda of The Phoenix Foundation). Murray is distraught by this and insists that the Conchords engage in a battle of the bands with their rivals in an effort to win Mel back. A fierce musical combat between the two bands ensues. At the very last minute, our heroes are victorious and Mel's devotion is secured once more, causing the Conchords to immediately start avoiding her again.

Sub plot: After an odd encounter with a mysterious customer inquiring about the DG-20, Dave becomes convinced that the instrument really is from the future.

And I just realized that I've thought about this waaaaay too much. :oops:

I love that idea as well. The mysterious customer would be fun to cast... Speaking of thinking about this way too much....I went to ebay to see what the prices of the DG-20 were doing and sure enough they are skyrocketing. (...but then again, the long-term devout here probably already knew that! :wink: ). It's a fun show to think about because to us Americans, their tone and temperment and humor is very fresh. I really like that "inside" kiwi jokes are in the script. I'm not a big believer in dumbing down regional or cultural differences to cater to any specific audience. It's much more fun to try and learn the inside scoop.

Would they be considered typical Kiwi men in terms of their even personalities and in that they're not particularly emotional or demonstrative?
The thing about the J-dog is you can't put a leash on the J-dog.

homeworkwithheather
Giving the paper to the people

Postby homeworkwithheather » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:47 am

until that guy who my sister reckons looks familiar from episode two. Does anyone know who plays him?

Are you talking about Bret's boss? Eddie Pepeitone? He was also a contestant on Last Comic Standing.
"Hey guys, remember that time he got his hand caught in that jar? What a dick! I mean...who gets their hand caught in a jar? What a big blooming asshole he was!"

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:13 am

homeworkwithheather wrote:
until that guy who my sister reckons looks familiar from episode two. Does anyone know who plays him?

Are you talking about Bret's boss? Eddie Pepeitone? He was also a contestant on Last Comic Standing.

No, I was referring to the Australian guy at the expo. But you answered that question in the other thread, actually. :)

Ellen
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Ellen » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:57 am

Kebab wrote:I really like that "inside" kiwi jokes are in the script. I'm not a big believer in dumbing down regional or cultural differences to cater to any specific audience. It's much more fun to try and learn the inside scoop.

I like that they did that too. And I suspect they may have added some inside jokes for their personal friends as well, although we'll probably never figure those out. (I do believe it's entirely possible that the "David Hasselhoff" line was for Sherry! 8) ) I think including jokes for their friends + making it funny for everyone else = something pretty special. :wink:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:36 am

Ellen wrote:[ And I suspect they may have added some inside jokes for their personal friends as well, although we'll probably never figure those out. (I do believe it's entirely possible that the "David Hasselhoff" line was for Sherry! 8) ) I think including jokes for their friends + making it funny for everyone else = something pretty special. :wink:

Moi?

Why whatever do you mean Ellen?

:shock: :hrm: :puzzled:

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:53 pm

My eyes!!! :shock:

I knew that was coming, but it never fails to mesmerize!

I did wonder about that Hasselhoff mention. ;)
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Andria
Bootylicious Flygirl

Postby Andria » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:27 am

Dear lord! Must you always post that?!

I need to schedule a trip to the shrink yet again...

The horror

:lol:
I'll take your body and cover it with honey, then stick some money to the honey, now you're covered in money, honey. -FotC

Amaria
Half a shapely halibut

Postby Amaria » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:37 am

...why can't I look away?

Deirdre
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby Deirdre » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:36 am

That David Hasselhoff line was my biggest laugh that night because I felt it was an inside joke for us. Sherry and the whole WTF gang. I figured the guys had seen that Horrible DH Underwear here a few times.

deltaqueen
New arrival

Postby deltaqueen » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:51 am

I'm not sure which is more difficult to watch- that Hasselhoff thing, or the drunken cheeseburger video on YouTube. Heh.

So the worst thing in the world happened to me this week (slight exaggeration). I lost HBO. It was there one day, and then *poof* it was gone. I only had one channel (HBO HD), and I assumed it was included in High-Def service, but I guess the cable company messed up by giving it to me and just realized their mistake. Couldn't they have waited until the end of the season? Grrrr. I wish you could buy just one channel instead of the whole expensive package... I think I'm going to have to splurge though because they've got me hooked!

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:50 pm

deltaqueen wrote:I'm not sure which is more difficult to watch- that Hasselhoff thing, or the drunken cheeseburger video on YouTube. Heh.

So the worst thing in the world happened to me this week (slight exaggeration). I lost HBO. It was there one day, and then *poof* it was gone. I only had one channel (HBO HD), and I assumed it was included in High-Def service, but I guess the cable company messed up by giving it to me and just realized their mistake. Couldn't they have waited until the end of the season? Grrrr. I wish you could buy just one channel instead of the whole expensive package... I think I'm going to have to splurge though because they've got me hooked!

Slight exaggeration is right. Pity the souls who live in countries who haven't yet picked up the series (that anyone's heard of, anyway)... and therefore must resort to watching things in a slightly less legal fashion.

Then again, being deprived of Conchords goodness is about the worst thing in the world. Lol.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Jul 23, 2007 1:03 pm

Hehehe I am seeing ads for The Hoff tee shirts whenever I read this thread :shock:

Return to “HBO TV series”