A new TV Show for Rhys and the lead in a romantic comedy!

Rhys Darby, the legend that is Murray. Everything and anything to do with Rhys post it here please.
Great H
Stop touching the monkeys

A new TV Show for Rhys and the lead in a romantic comedy!

Postby Great H » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:48 pm

Just found this article lurking in this weeks TV Guide...
I wonder what this other show he is 'in talks with' for the Bill Napier character to 'pop up' on is? Any ideas?
Though I can understand he might want to distance himself from Murray for a bit, I'd much rather watch a programme based around him than Bill Napier as I don't find that character funny at all... Oh well eh? Or do Statesiders (and others!) feel differently?
Most of all I'm intrigued that he is *still* saying "if there is another series" (of Conchords) - oh how they tease us! Mind you, I don't know how long ago they did the actual interview...
And another film role - the lead in a romantic comedy - Erk!!
:D

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Re: A new TV Show for Rhys and the lead in a romantic comedy!

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:28 am

Nice article :) Thanks for posting it. Mind if I use it in a news update later? :)

I have to admit I am not a huge fan of the Napier character. I like some of his comedy, but not all of it. Certain parts don't have me laughing. Can't say its terrible though, its not. Its just not all my type of humour. I am not massively keen on character sketches and so on anyways. I tend to prefer just stand up or a funny TV show/sitcom. If that makes sense.

Great H

Postby Great H » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:54 pm

Feel free to use it (or anything I post) any way you want! :D

Great H

Postby Great H » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:23 am

Just a quick update on the 'new TV Show' bit of the subject line...

I forgot to mention it before, but a friend of mine does a lot a extra work for film & TV, and a few weeks ago she was an extra with Rhys for a new show (apparently meant for the US market). He was apparently using his 'Bill Napier' personna (a ranger) and his character was teaching them how to call a Yeti - he'd demonstrate and they'd have to imitate it. Over and over and over and over... My friend told me it was absolutely hilarious and she had trouble even keeping a straight face just watching him.

I gotta admit I'm not a big fan of his Bill Napier personna, but what she told me bodes well! I don't know if the show has actually been sold already or if it was just a pilot being made on spec - but if you're a fan, keep you're fingers crossed!

nonchalant obsession
WTF!'s Biggest Blasphemer. Apparently.

Postby nonchalant obsession » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:49 am

I only watched that one you linked to but it made me laugh. "She's probably getting it on more than once every four year." :purple:

I miss Rhys. I hope his show is good. :) The pilot is filming in New Zealand, eh? That's cool. 8)
Image..Image..Image

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:17 am

Ooh, this sounds interesting! I got a brief taster of Bill Napier cos Rhys performed as that character right at the beginning of the stand up show I went last year. Thanks for sharing this info, Great H. :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:23 am

Yeah, my daughter saw Rhys just as FoTC was hitting the HBO airwaves, and she mentioned the forest ranger as being particularly funny. I do miss Rhys. I hope he does something major soon.
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Rhys Darby”