New to FOTC

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
brassguy
New arrival

New to FOTC

Postby brassguy » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:23 am

Hope that I'm doing this introduction correctly:

Hey I live in NJ but go to college in NC.

About a month ago one of my friends told me about FOTC - showed me the Jenny vid from their HBO thing to me. I really liked it and I watched that vid every now and then for weeks.

Then I decided it was time to listen to their other songs. Going from youtube vid to youtube vid I quickly discovered that there was a TV series! This was just last sunday. I watched the show on HBO that night. Then I caught the earlier eps on youtube.

I should have bought their BBC radio show while I was in London a few weeks ago, oh well. Is their World Folk album available in England too? Grr, I got into FOTC a couple weeks too late.

Wow - these guys are amazing! I will definitely buy their albums that come out in the US and go see them live in they come anywhere near me (any chance of that?).

Found their Austin doc on youtube and watched it, which is how I found out about WTF. I also looked for lyrics on google and this site popped up.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:07 pm

Another fan currently living in NC! Texas doesn't have the monopoly!

Welcome! The Folk the World album, as well as the BBC series, are both available through SmokeCDs.com (there are links on the main WTF! website). The prices are in NZ dollars, and in this case, the exchange rate or whatever does work in our favor. Shipping isn't prohibitive, either, so it's worth ordering from the site. They're reputable and my main source of kiwi music -- which has grown exponentially since discovering FotC.
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:51 pm

Welcome aboard brassguy. If you smell something really nice and flower-er-eeee you're standing too close to Indigo.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:27 am

Welcome to the forum brassguy :wave:

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”