This is a pretty clever subject title.

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
faye
New arrival

This is a pretty clever subject title.

Postby faye » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:26 am

Hello!

I'll be honest from the get-go, because the FotC fan base seems like a comfortable sort. I'm somewhat fresh to the 'write on the internet to strangers about my relevant interests' thing, but it looks like a lot of fun. So please be gentle, I suspect I might be a little shy.

I really enjoy the work and humour of the duo. The high quality of the songs floored me when I first heard them. Being a fan of both comedy and music, it's absolutely great to hear an alliance between the two. A double-team, of sorts. Besides, any healthy person should have generous helpings of both, otherwise you might be stunted in happiness and cool. I don't drink coffee for that reason. It also tastes gross to me.

Anyway, I'm having a lot of fun meandering about this forum, you guys are all hilarious!

But I've forgotten facts about myself! I'm a musician, I'm female, and I don't like coffee. See you around.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:40 pm

Welcome, Faye!

Fun is require here, but coffee is optional!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:01 pm

Hello and welcome to WTF. Yep. She she said "guys" are hilarious. She obviously has a thing for me. Stalker.

faye
New arrival

Postby faye » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:43 am

You should be more empathic. Do you know how exhausting it is stalking everyone that falls under the term 'guys'? It's a disease.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:10 am

faye wrote:You should be more empathic. Do you know how exhausting it is stalking everyone that falls under the term 'guys'? It's a disease.

I heard there's an ointment.

mwilcox
Giving the paper to the people

Postby mwilcox » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:22 am

Welcome. Hope you don't get too freaked out by us all... :wink:
Here comes michael, on his bi-cy-cle, lookin' as cool as a Fisher 'n' Paykel

http://www.black-magic.co.nz - NZ Film News

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:41 am

Welcome to WTF! Faye. Hope you enjoy it here.

I think this sort of smallish friendly forum is a great place to start when new to this sort of thing :)

mandraco
Keeping it funky

Postby mandraco » Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:12 pm

I remember my first forum experience, I was a spammer, but a good one that never got reprimanded for it, lol. It was a Harry Potter forum, if you're wondering.

Anyway, Faye, after such a wonderful introduction, I hope you have heaps of fun in the forum. Oh yeah, and I don't like coffee either. Except as a flavour in something else provided it doesn't taste too much like coffee.

refundgame
New arrival

Postby refundgame » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:50 am

Welcome Faye! I feel weird saying that since I just joined too, but anyway...

Besides, any healthy person should have generous helpings of both, otherwise you might be stunted in happiness and cool.

I agree with you there. Whenever I feel down, I listen to the Conchords and I feel instantly better. They just make me smile. Humor and music are key.

Musician, cool. You compose your own stuff? What type of music?
"I like you, Toilet Seat. You have moxy." ~Betty Rhomer, Dead Like Me

faye
New arrival

Postby faye » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:03 am

Ah yeah! I compose my own music and collaborate with a band I'm in. We're pretty straightfoward rock, though we're prone to funkiness (I wanted to call us 'Defunked' you know, like defunct, but it obviously wasn't chosen). Aside from that band, I balance my time with the local symphony, chamber groups, and a jazz band.

When I'm off on my own, I either write lengthy chamber music or nonserious anecdotal shanties. So having a group of talented people has really grounded my work. I'm classically trained all the way, started on string instruments, but I'm out there as an electric bass guitarist.

Speaking of which, being in a contemporary band is something everyone absolutely must do once, no matter if there's knowledge of instruments or not. I was so boring before I started touring towns! I still don't drink or smoke, but man, can I ever pretend to! Are there some musicians on these forums? It's absolutely great to hear new stuff. If there's a thread for that I'll be looking for it after I post this sentence. :)
[/i]

refundgame
New arrival

Postby refundgame » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:18 am

wow, that's cool.
ooh, you're clever with words! like "conchords". That's one thing I love about em. They're so good with their lyrics.

I used to play the violin...among the happiest times of my life it was. Definitely helped influence my appreciation for classical music.
"I like you, Toilet Seat. You have moxy." ~Betty Rhomer, Dead Like Me

faye
New arrival

Postby faye » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:35 am

Absolutely. Without word play, speech is like an adult world of briefcases and business socks (ooh).

I'm sure I have a similar experience with the violin, as I started on it. Gorgeous accidental discovery. You get all the structure and the discipline, then you can just throw it aside to pursue techno urban poetry. But the foundation stays.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:54 pm

Musicians here. No way.

rufus
Lost but happy at sea

Postby rufus » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:05 pm

Johnnyp wrote:Musicians here. No way.

Nope. Not here

faye
New arrival

Postby faye » Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:19 pm

Oh pff, there's no harm in asking.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”