"And the landlord's family was amazed!"

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut

"And the landlord's family was amazed!"

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:46 am

said Jim Morrison after violently banging his piano keys...

I warn you that this post is a little longish (not too much). I am a sort of writer and tend to enjoy involving details and such (at least when I am not lazy).

Flight of the Conchords came into my hearing range a week after the first episode aired on HBO. I was at my old High School, mentoring a group of would-be film directors/editors/actors. After making my rounds around the tv studio, one of the students stopped me and said, "Hey, watch this."
Now, I knew vaguely of the TV series and anticipated checking it out, but I had never really heard the music.So I stood by my friend and watched the party scene and "Part-time Model."
I was highly impressed and felt it was a breath of fresh air. I was also, of course, smiling and laughing the entire time.

As I caught up later on at home, I found myself loving FotC more and more; the things they referenced to were so close to my own likings and types of things I reference to everyday! Here are some:

1. Robots
Last year, I started drawing robots after a trip to London. They were inspired by a friend's tattoo and the music of Oingo Boingo, most particularly the song Wild Sex (In the Working Class). I also do robot voices.

2. David Bowie
I've been a mild admirer of Bowie's work, but seemed to always bring him up in conversations. Space Oddity is always referenced to in my circle and has a personal significance to me.

3.The Beatles
My favorite band of all time. I especially love John Lennon.

4. Lord of the Rings
Yes. I'm one of those. but not so much to notice Bret's role as Figwit.

I am a lover of music and film, so it was natural that FotC clenched my attention so tightly. I combed youtube and wikipedia in search of more of their music and other artistic works. And I finally got up the desire to join this place. It is wonderful sharing and communicating with people from all over the world, connecting on this sometimes cold interweb.

At times I regret not knowing of them sooner, but no matter. I know of them now.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:16 pm

At times I regret not knowing of them sooner, but no matter. I know of them now.

A common sentiment! Glad you've decided to join us here!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:36 pm

Lovely introduction. Thank you :)

Welcome to the forum!

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:49 pm

Welcome. Better late than not at all.

ParanoidAndroid
Half a shapely halibut

Postby ParanoidAndroid » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:28 pm

Thanks you guys!
:wink:

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”