Berkeley, CA here! Who's da BOOM king?

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Aquamel
Lost but happy at sea

Berkeley, CA here! Who's da BOOM king?

Postby Aquamel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:46 am

Hello Everyone,

My name is Melanie (yeah, I'm a MEL!!!) and I live in Berkeley, CA. I've been a fan since the first episode on HBO, FotC is the best show I've seen in a very long time. Nice site Sherry!

Nice to meet everyone and I'm really looking forward to the 2nd season. I just bought the BBC radio show on eBay, watched the Texan Odyssey on YouTube, and don't really know anyone in Berkeley into them (yet) so I suppose this is the place to be!

I suppose I could call myself a Jemainiac also . . . I think the hubby is a bit jealous!

Now to find a cool avatar . . .

:)

Mel

Katie

Postby Katie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:01 am

Hi! *waves* Welcome to the forum! Always nice to meet another FotC fan. :)

Aquamel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Aquamel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:15 am

Hi Katie!! Ooh, LUV your avatar!!! The Sedaris kids are hilarious!!!

Mel

Katie

Postby Katie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:31 am

Aquamel wrote:Hi Katie!! Ooh, LUV your avatar!!! The Sedaris kids are hilarious!!!

Mel

Ah, thank you! I love the Sedaris' as well, have you read "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris? I just finished reading it today for the 6th time. :lol:

Aquamel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Aquamel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:41 am

Katie wrote:
Aquamel wrote:Hi Katie!! Ooh, LUV your avatar!!! The Sedaris kids are hilarious!!!

Mel

Ah, thank you! I love the Sedaris' as well, have you read "Me Talk Pretty One Day" by David Sedaris? I just finished reading it today for the 6th time. :lol:

Yes, I read it a few times. A friend has my copy of "Naked", I'm dying to read that one again. It was the first time I laughed really hard from reading a book and I was on the subway at the time so I'm sure people thought I was kooky.

Mel

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:50 am

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Aquamel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Aquamel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:27 pm

Thanks Sherry! This is a great site!

Mel

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Welcome Aquamel!

I read Me Talk Pretty ... on the subway and also probably got a few weird looks from trying to stifle my near-hysterical laughter. Eventually, I quit trying to read the book on the subway. I was afraid I was going to hurt myself!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

Katie

Postby Katie » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:13 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Welcome Aquamel!

I read Me Talk Pretty ... on the subway and also probably got a few weird looks from trying to stifle my near-hysterical laughter. Eventually, I quit trying to read the book on the subway. I was afraid I was going to hurt myself!

Nice! I haven't ever read it on the subway, maybe next time I'm going to be near a subway [does the el count? Haha] I'll bring the book, to carry on the tradition.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:47 pm

Hello Aquamel try not to get the floor all wet.

Aquamel
Lost but happy at sea

Postby Aquamel » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:00 pm

Ha!!! I think it was the chapter about the poop - or was that in another of his books? The one someone left in the toilet . . . ah yes, good times.

Mel

poptartgirl
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby poptartgirl » Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:47 pm

indigo_jones wrote:Welcome Aquamel!

I read the book on a flight a few years ago. I was laughing so hard that I thought a flight attendant was going to come over and ask if I was OK :lol: .

Jennifer
“We tell you lies, and if you laugh, they’re jokes.”

"all I wanted to say is "May I rock you ?"

Katie

Postby Katie » Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:18 pm

Aquamel wrote:Ha!!! I think it was the chapter about the poop - or was that in another of his books? The one someone left in the toilet . . . ah yes, good times.

Mel

:lol: Yes! That was in Me Talk Pretty One Day. I enjoy all of his books, but I think that one has to be my favorite.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”