Hello From New York!

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
BoomdaBoom
New arrival

Hello From New York!

Postby BoomdaBoom » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:33 pm

Hi Everyone! I've already posted here and there, but I realized that I should be introducing myself. I wish I could say I've been there for FoTC from the beginning, because I love being on the cutting edge of a band on the cusp of fame, but sadly, I only heard of them about a year ago when the trades mentioned that HBO was going to be airing a new show starring a comedy duo from New Zealand based on their BBC radio series. I live in New York. I work for the big giant company that owns HBO so it's kind of cool that the guys are sort of in the family - so to speak.

Bret and Jemaine made my summer. I didn't watch all of the pilot episode, but caught "Bret Gives Up the Dream", and it was love at first "Boom". It was "She's So Hot...Boom" that got me. The video goofiness, the rythmn. Then, I continued watching, and just got hooked on all the silly, clever humor and music. Their music stands alone as being truly great. And who cannot love these two? They are so likable and relatable, their stories are infectious. I'm having withdrawl symptoms since HBO took them off "On Demand". Can't wait for the DVDs.

New York is a giant city, and I didn't run into any production these past several months, nor did I have a FoTC "sighting" since I mostly dwell above 14th street. It would be so great to meet them one day, and who knows? Perhaps I will. Anyway - nice to have met you. I'm going to see if I can find an avatar that can be uploaded. See you on the boards. Sherry - you're awesome for standing behind the guys all these years, and creating a terrific community of fans who can chat about them. 8)

Trixy25
New arrival

Re: Hello From New York!

Postby Trixy25 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:06 pm

Welcome! I'm a new fan too and it's really great to come here and speak to like minded people - especially as you may see on my thread 'why doesn't everyone love the conchords?!' I've not had too much luck turning my friends on to them!

You are so right, comedy aside, which is amazing, their music and songs really stand out. They are definitely a talented twosome!

I know exactly how you feel about not being one of the original fans but if we had heard them we would have been! I love getting the early scoop on new acts but hey better late than never. I feel particularly aggrieved as I have a good friend from NZ but to be fair she has been living here (in scotland) and didn't know too much about them until now!!

I'm so jealous you live in NY. Apart from being such a cool city which I'd love to visit one day, you have a chance that you could actually go to a gig or bump into the guys....... you are so lucky!!

Have fun on the site

Txx

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:07 pm

:P
Throw us your potatoes!

Trixy25
New arrival

Postby Trixy25 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:18 pm

I just looked at the date of your original post!! OMG I really am late!

:rolleyes:

Oh well.................

Txx

H....
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby H.... » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:44 pm

Oh yeah... :doh:
Throw us your potatoes!

LSully9
Getting lewd with the food

Postby LSully9 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:57 pm

Well, better late than never. :wave: and :welcome:
Two struggling musicians, living in poverty and despair, selling their...instruments.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Whew boy, I didn't look at the date either! Well, belated welcome! :wave:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:20 pm

O hello officially. And thank you for all the nice things you said :blush:

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”