Not chickening out!

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
deliriumtree
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Not chickening out!

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Oct 14, 2007 1:34 am

I normally lurk, but thought I'd try posting for a change. Just to shake things up.

I'm relatively new to the guys. I desperately needed a distraction from the normally gangsta world of dog grooming and so I have hbo on demand to thank for my introduction. I watched several episodes in one day, and joined up with the series as hbo ran the last few episodes. That's all it took, very hooked and very lost now that on demand is no longer showing episodes sigh.....very heavy sigh...

So, just saying hi! Nice to meet you all!

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:29 am

Nice to meet you. We don't bite (as far as I know) so it's a good thing you decided to post. :D
Dog grooming huh? I wouldn't be bothered by the dogs in that job, but I would probably have issues with some of the owners. Best in Show is one of my favourite movies so I know what they can get like. :wink:
The FotC HBO series DVD is coming out very soon so you should be able to see the rest of the series in the no so distant future.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:37 am

deliriumtree, North or South? I'm in North. ;)

I used to work in the pet industry and went to a grooming trade show in Hershey, PA one year. A unique experience.

Good that you've decided to join us. A lot of us have come to FotC via On Demand, whether the One Night Stand show or the series. All are more than welcome!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:35 pm

Thanks for the nice welcome!

Yes, the dogs for the most part are wonderful. The bigger ones do beat the holy heck out of me at times, got some nice softball size bruises and a 6 inch gash on leg from a german shepherd last week. You have to be part artist, part pro-wrestler. But, you're right the owners can be the hardest to deal with. I'm lucky to work at a place that's attracting great clients right now but my last job was another story. Got my tires slashed by a lady who didn't like her yorkies hair do :rolleyes:

I'm in North Carolina too indigo! I'm jealous you went to Hershey. I want to go there someday.

I'm looking forward to the dvd's and the new album.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:22 am

Got my tires slashed by a lady who didn't like her yorkies hair do

:shock:

Man, I thought clearing the anal glands would be one of the worst things you'd face, not having your tires slashed! yikes!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:25 am

Your tyres were slashed???? :shock: Woah. That's some bona fide psycho behaviour!

deliriumtree

Postby deliriumtree » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:11 pm

Yep, that was pretty psycho! I wish anal glands were the worst I dealt with, they don't even phase me. Maggots on the other hand...ewww.. Thankfully it's rare when you see those. Poor doggies.

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:53 pm

deliriumtree wrote:Yep, that was pretty psycho! I wish anal glands were the worst I dealt with, they don't even phase me. Maggots on the other hand...ewww.. Thankfully it's rare when you see those. Poor doggies.

I can't believe that doggie owners would let them get like that. Poor puppies.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”