The talking stove told me i had to join

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

The talking stove told me i had to join

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:04 am

now somewhere when i was reading the forums... someone asked if guys in new zealand often get together and bake cakes. I forgot where, and who it was.... so I'm going to answer this first. Actually i know alot of guy who like to cook and bake... so i didn't find the conchords desires that unusual... also one of my older sisters classes at victoria uni (I'm pretty sure this is where the guys meet) enjoy baking and sharing there cakes in class.

Anyway hi. i love the conchords. Wish i'd known about them when they still performed reguarly in wellington. 'but then again, i wouldn't have been able to go to the indigo bar (which i forgot the new name of) ... coz I wouldn't have be 18 back then.

yes i do like eating kiwi fruit. and i insist that people refer to them as kiwi FRUIT not just kiwis... because that implies you are eating either a person (urgh) or a highly protected bird species (now I'm really disappointed in you)

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:41 am

Haha!! Welcome The_Kiwi_Fruit!
I'll try to remember adding "fruit" or "bird" after "kiwi" from now on to avoid any confusion! :wink:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

saffymatt
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby saffymatt » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:25 am

I love it when the stove talks to me. Welcome to the nut house!!! :rolleyes:
Set your Phasers on Funky!

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:29 am

Oh yes. I always refer to them as kiwi fruits.

Welcome to the forums! x

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:01 am

Hello . So are you seasonal ?

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:43 am

Thanks very much for the welcome everyone. I'm already loving the site! and i think I'm going to be around for awhile. They'll be no getting rid of me now. I love it here! everyone is so friendly, and un clickly like so much of the internet. which is always my biggest fare when joining a forum.

Johnnyp: I've been trying to think up a witty answer to that... but i just didn't have it in me. so I tried to sound really clever and went on wikipedia. but i still couldn't find anything relevant. So um... i might be. :D and i like summer time the best. But i also like winter. so moving on from that.

I have one more question. and here is as good a place to put it. Do people really say "give them the bird" in american?

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:20 am

The_Kiwi_Fruit wrote:I have one more question. and here is as good a place to put it. Do people really say "give them the bird" in american?

Yes...well they say "Flip them the Bird"...Canadians say it too. :wink:

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 am

The_Kiwi_Fruit wrote:Thanks very much for the welcome everyone. I'm already loving the site! and i think I'm going to be around for awhile. They'll be no getting rid of me now. I love it here! everyone is so friendly, and un clickly like so much of the internet. which is always my biggest fare when joining a forum.

Glad you are liking it here :)

I think the nice thing about this forum is that as yet, it does not have a huge amount of people posting. People don't feel swamped. Its still quite small and personal and we do our best to make everyone feel welcome :)

saffymatt

Postby saffymatt » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:40 pm

The_Kiwi_Fruit wrote:I have one more question. and here is as good a place to put it. Do people really say "give them the bird" in american?

We sure do, and in my family "giving someone the bird" is a term of endearment. Kinda, an I love you even though you are being an ass. :D
Set your Phasers on Funky!

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:41 am

saffymatt wrote:

We sure do, and in my family "giving someone the bird" is a term of endearment. Kinda, an I love you even though you are being an ass. :D

the first time i saw that episode. I was like crying with laughter. I was so confused by Dave saying flip him the bird (or how ever he says it). and I completely agreed with Jemaine's bird. lol! that was the first thing i thought of.

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 4:55 am

"Shot him/her/them the bird" is an occasional option too. In fact one of my favorite pics of all time involves the flippin' of the bird. Just do a google image search for Johnny Cash.
Last edited by Johnnyp on Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:41 am

Nice!! Haha :D

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:42 am

now we do "flip the bird here" we just refer to it as "the finger" and not "the bird"... the bird is diffently Jemaine's. but i think it started here especially with little kids, especially boys of around 10 or 11 because of american TV and films.

beck

Postby beck » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:06 am

Hello Kiwi Fruit! Another Wellingtonian, how exciting! Good to see another recruit from the boys hometown.
"'I'm sorry' and 'I apologise' are the same...except at a funeral" - Demitri Martin

The_Kiwi_Fruit
Keeping it funky

Postby The_Kiwi_Fruit » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:58 am

are there many of us on here from wellington? I have a friend who said he wanted to join... or had been intending to join after watching texan odessey.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”