I made it! Hooray!

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
stainboy
New arrival

I made it! Hooray!

Postby stainboy » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:14 pm

Good evening all!

I would have been here sooner but I fell into the spam bin and couldn't get out :rolleyes: Glad to be onboard now though.

Makes a change to see a forum with a majority of laydees, I'm more used to gaming forums, those places are complete sausage fests :wink: I'm trying to get a friend to join me more on the one I post in now but she's afraid of all the attention she'll get, heh.

I dislike intros almost as much as job applications these days but here's a small one: I use Stainboy as my name as he's a Tim Burton character - a superhero who's powers are leaving huge stains, check out the web cartoons and also because my surname is Staines (I've heard all the jokes before btw!). I'm 27, have failed as a full-time student several times but still haven't learnt my lesson and considering open university and then maybe being a Maths teacher. In the meantime I'm trying to be a bus driver, I used to drive a minibus for my uni, love driving. At the moment I work in an alternative/indie/rock night club. I live in Essex, UK with my Mum at the moment (really miss living with mates!) but spent 4 years living in Preston and one month living in Sheffield. Biggest hobby is video games, my Xbox 360 is on it's last legs at the moment though!

Okay that wasn't a short intro after all.

I only heard FotC just before xmas when the first episode of the show came on BBC4. It seemed interesting enough to keep on a few mins and then the "Beautiful Girl in the Room" song had me hooked! Love the songs, I like novelty songs anyway, they work so well in the show I couldn't imagine what it must be like to already know the songs and then see the show afterwards. I've not seen all the episodes either, wanted something to be new once I get round to getting the DVD 8)

Enough from me for now I think!

meg1448
Half a shapely halibut

Postby meg1448 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:53 pm

Welcome!! I think you'll fit in here nicely. :D
"If the divine master plan is perfection, maybe next I'll give Judas a try."

Spark by Tori Amos
DA account: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:28 am

:wave: Welcome to the "clam bake", stainboy!
You've got some good taste! I know there are a few of us Burton fans around here too. :wink:
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

gl1t3r
Giving the paper to the people

Postby gl1t3r » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:15 am

Welcome!

And, *gasp!* A fellow gamer!! Eeek!
"Thanks for the acids."

cassandrasnow
Consistently Mediocre

Postby cassandrasnow » Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:43 pm

Great to meet you stainboy.

Another Tim Burton fan here too.

stainboy
New arrival

Postby stainboy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:48 am

Cheers all, I would love to dress up as Stainboy sometime for fancy dress. It'd be so easy - just a white tshirt with an s drawn on it and a white towel for a cape :wink:

So gl1t3r, what do you like to game? I'm 95% a console gamer these days, I muchly favour sitting back on a sofa in front of a big TV than sitting at the desk with keyboard and mouse. But I have got myself addicted to playing a free unofficial version of the board game Catan at asobrain. Started playing with my ex housemate but she wasn't around nearly long enough so I ditched her for the random people on the site :twisted:

I got into a big alternative/spooky? comics thing a few years ago and splashed out on some Jhonen Vasquez and Roman Dirge stuff but I've slacked off a lot now. I like anime and keep meaning to look into manga since all my favourite shows were manga first. My favourite genre of anime/manga is "slice of life" which we don't really get over here, it's closest to a soap but without so cheesy ridiculous storylines. For YEARS I've wanted to make my own 'slice of life' comic strip out of inane conversations I'd have with my mates, but I'm terrible at getting round to things. It's why I'm 27 and yet to have a career of any kind!

Right, speak to you all soon, hopefully not rambling on about myself next time :roll:

Johnnyp
The One Guy

Postby Johnnyp » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:33 am

Welcome aboard brother just remember to put that little clippy thing on the bag of crisps after you open them. The girls get mad when they get stale.

gl1t3r
Giving the paper to the people

Postby gl1t3r » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:31 am

What do I like to game. Where to start? :)

I play Rock Band, Guitar Hero, Tony Hawk, Burnout and Zuma on the Xbox 360. I also really enjoyed BioShock - fabulous story. I love playing Wii Sports, the Rayman and Wario games, and Mario Party on the Wii. I enjoy similar games for the DS (Cooking Mama, Rub Rabbits, etc.).

On the PC, I play some FPS like Quake and UT, but I'm mostly an MMORPG girl. I was hard core into Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes, and now, World of Warcraft.

Sadly, I don't have time to game like I used to. Except for Rock Band. :D
"Thanks for the acids."

stainboy
New arrival

Postby stainboy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:47 am

Awesome, I loved the Bioshock demo but haven't played the full game. Can't trust my 360 at the moment, it's been over heating and giving me 2 red lights, waiting for the 3 reds so I can send it back to MS. Haven't played Rock Band, played Guitar Hero round other peoples and can't get into it as much as I hoped I would. Have also been forced into playing Singstar :oops:

I REALLY want a Wii, I would have got one sooner had I still been living with mates. Really wanna play all the virtual console stuff as well, I love retro.

I played World of Warcraft for a bit but it was taking up too much time!! And I still felt like I wasn't progressing fast enough, so I nipped that little addiction in the bud.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”