To those that I offended, I'm sorry...Let's start anew

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
taffyuko
New arrival

To those that I offended, I'm sorry...Let's start anew

Postby taffyuko » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:49 pm

I apologize to all those I have sent out pm's to without being an active member here, introducing myself, and basically being really shady. So I'm dreadfully sorry about this, I didn't mean to be, in any way, spammy or stalkerish.

So let's start again:

Hello, I'm Yuko. I'm a student at University of San Francisco. I'm majoring in media studies and I'm currently taking a class called Media Audience and Research. For my final project, I'm doing a research paper on FotC and their audiences because I, being part of this FotC audience, am interested in how the group interacts with FotC. To gather data, our professor asked us if we were either going to interview people or send out surveys. She advised me and others that a forum or message board would be a helpful place to visit.

I decided to post my survey here. I told one of my friends who did a similar research design to mine about it and she advised me to pm some of the members of the forum. What I forgot to do within the span of pm'ing others is not her fault but mine.

This is a survey for only educational purposes. I will not expose your results to anyone else besides my professor and I. When I ask, age or gender or occupation or location, it's just so I sort of know my audience and I can interpret my results on per say 18-24 year olds in comparison to 24 year olds and up. Location helps me know how internationally diverse the FotC audience is and occupation to help me how many are students or have joined the professional world. But I do understand how such questions could be, "what the hell..." and I apologize.

Once again, I didn't mean to be what I came across as. I'm sorry that I didn't clarify, really anything, in the beginning. I was, I am, really nervous about this project because it is my final one and I didn't take the correct procedures in approaching you all due to my desperation of contacting people. If you still want to participate, that's fine. If you don't, that's cool too.

My sincerest apologies,
Yuko

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:43 pm

Hiya and thanks for taking the time to explain things :) Appreciated.

FWIW I am on a number of forums and often find students cold posting for resesarch purposes etc. Often they never post again and many regular people on those forums tend to avoid answering or helping in any way simply because of the lack of input etc from the person. Also they don't like to think someone isn't doing their own work when it comes to homework etc :lol: I think Professors/teachers forget to mention its always nice to say hello and spend a little bit of time getting to know people first.

Anyways, good luck with your research. I've explained why I've not answered as very little of it applies to me so its not really of use to you I feel.

Hopefully if you like it here you might stick around and post from time to time and let us know how your final assignment goes :)

Emafer

Postby Emafer » Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:35 am

why don't you post your questions and those who wish to answer can.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”