I'm New

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Spüne
Giving the paper to the people

I'm New

Postby Spüne » Sat May 31, 2008 6:01 pm

Hello fans! I'm Hamish Steele and have joined to show my appreciation for the Conchords.

I've been a fan for a little before the show came about but discovered them through a friend saying that my own comedy/music double act reminding them of FOTC. We did gigs a lot before we knew about them and even started making a radio show but we can't ignore the fact they are an inspiration.

In fact we were going to do an episode of our radio show in which I am getting so annoyed at people comparing us to the Conchords that I am visited by Bret and Jemaine (ala David Bowie in the episode Bowie) and we have written a parody of FOTC songs (affectionate, very affectionate.) When Jemaine appears I say "Jemain... J-Jemain?" and he says "No! Oh, wait y-yis. Yis.' Hopefully Conchords fans will like it.

Anyway, I'm from England, Glastonbury and am mainly a cartoonist and animator but also a musician and comedy standup/writer.

Anyway, see you around!

Hamish Steele

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:56 pm

Welcome, Hamish!
You sound as though you have many various talents. There's a website to display your artistic talent, if you feel like it. I'd love to see your work, as well as hear your songs. :D

ps Sorry it took so long for me to post this!
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”