Hi from Maine. It's just above Massachussettes, that's where

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Giselle
New arrival

Hi from Maine. It's just above Massachussettes, that's where

Postby Giselle » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:31 pm

Ummmm...hhhhiiii... My name is Giselle. And I am a Conchordholic. I started using FOTC about six months ago, to cure a case of the blues. And now I find myself completely unable to turn them off. Even in my head.

The cravings. The need. They're just too strong. I must have my fix: The belly laughs only FOTC can give me.

Why should I stop?? I mean, being hooked on these guys can't really be THAT bad for you....or can it?
The most beautiful girl in the computer.
The whole wide computer.

dangerous person
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Re: Hi from Maine. It's just above Massachussettes, that's where

Postby dangerous person » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi Giselle! :D
I think you should be the judge as to whether a Conchord obsession is good for your mental health or not. Plenty of threads to carry out your research here :wink:
"We're a novelty music act, we're not a freak show"

Giselle
New arrival

Postby Giselle » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I've thought about it. It's all good. All good indeed!
The whole wide computer.

indigo_jones
That's Mrs. Indigo Jones-McKenzie to you

Postby indigo_jones » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:01 pm

Welcome, Giselle! I think as far as obsessions go, one with FotC can't be too bad!
"It was a hilarious, hilarious moment in a very bleak, bleak time of my life."

Happiness is Bret-Shaped.

"The forecast for Jemaine today is clean-shaven with a chance of stubble. Scattered stubble throughout the week, resulting in a 60% chance of beard early next week." - mohumbhai mania

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:30 pm

Hello, friend! So glad to have you on board! You come from a beautiful state, too, which makes me love you instantly. I live in England, but my favourite place in the world is my family's summer cottage on Southport Island, near Boothbay Harbor. Whereabouts are you located?

Please tell the whoopie pies and clam chowdah that I miss them and that I'll be back as soon as I can! :D

Edited to add: Ohhhhhhhhhhhh my god, I am idiot. You're from Portland. It says so right there by your avatar. Please forgive my stupid brain. It tries hard to keep up, but sadly the world moves a little too fast for it most of the time. Still, I'm awfully glad to see a lovely Mainer here. It just feels right. :wink:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Giselle
New arrival

Postby Giselle » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:29 pm

Wow! That's the nicest welcoming I've ever gotten. From anybody. Even my parents. On the day I was born.

Maine is pretty nice. However, it is under 300 feet of snow. Makes for getting out to the outhouse really tough.

Okay. Just kidding about the 300 feet of snow part. ;)

ANYhoo, I'd love to get to London or anywhere over there for that matter. But, would rather go to NZ. Mom's been there on her way to Antarctica in 2000 (all kidding aside) and fell in love with Christ Church. She fell in love with a man in Christ Church, too. But didn't bring him back here to the states. He did not happen to be a guitar wielding cutie who is white and sweet and highly refined.

All I got from her trip to NZ was a lowsy t-shirt. Oh, and a Mauwri necklace, which is nice. Certainly DID NOT get a guitar wielding cutie with sugalumps, though. Which is a bummer.

Come visit when you're in Maine! (I actually live in Kennebunk...if that sounds at all familiar)...
The whole wide computer.

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:33 am

You crack me up. :D

And of course I know Kennebunk! You're just down the street from George H. W. Bush, aren't you? :wink: Don't worry, we've all got dreadful neighbours. :D

Jump on in here and get toasty! WTF is a great place to chase away the snowy winter blues. It can't do anything about the outhouse, though. But we'll work on it.

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:15 am

Hey, fellow New Englander! Welcome! :wave:

Glad to have another FoTC addict on board. :thumb:

I have a cousin in Maine who runs the Pickett Hill Farm in Denmark, Me. I'll now ask the obvious - I don't suppose you know him??? :lol:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Giselle
New arrival

Postby Giselle » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Hello. No, I don't know the Pickett Farm, but it is a small enough big enough state that I'm sure someday, I'll probably run into him.

Kennebunk is in the southern south half of the state. Most of Maine is still far away from where I live, like 6-8 hours kind of driving far away.

But, whether they know it or not, the FOTC boys are familiar with Maine...in a way.

Was watching the first episode ever again last night and I noticed Jemaine is laying on a Yarmouth, Maine blanket!

Too much time on my hands? Or way too observant? Not really sure which. But I was glad to see it there nonetheless.
The whole wide computer.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”