What are you? A guy or something?

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Faith
A pastry chef and a sniper

Re: What are you? A guy or something?

Postby Faith » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:07 am

DangerMouse wrote:Faith: you just made me very very happy that all the photos I have from my school days were wiped out by the last hurricane (thank you Ike!)

:rolls: Well, at least Ike was good for something. All it did to my house was knock out the electricity for two weeks.

ravenhpltc24
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby ravenhpltc24 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:47 pm

RubyRed wrote:
ravenhpltc24 wrote:Nope, I'm a trumpeteer. :supz: We could get a little musical trio going, though!

Me, too! HA! I started out on the French Horn, then went to trumpet and now I've moved on to electric bass. Last year I inherited my great grandmother's violin and I'd like to learn how to play that...but I'm a little scrrd. No frets. :/

M

Oh Ruby, the violin is absolutely my most favorite instrument ever. I want to learn it SOO badly. Frets are for sissies! We're trumpeteers! We've got three buttons for everything! Who needs 'em? :lol:
He's gonna wake up in a smoothie.

Corrine
Consistently Mediocre

Postby Corrine » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:47 pm

I'm impressed there are so many brass players on here! I played the French horn all through elementary school and high school, and the mellophone in the marching band. I liked the mellophone because it was so much easier to play. I still have my French horn, and my daughter might start playing it next year.

In the northeast we dealt a little bit with the heat, but also a lot with the rain and freezing cold!! I do have good memories of marching band though. I wasn't what you would call a "serious musician", but it was fun.

bakergirl30
Getting lewd with the food

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:10 pm

DangerMouse wrote:
Unfortunately they are not allowed to eat AT ALL while they are in uniform :(

That's why you take them off when you get your nachos and coke... and hide. If the stadium is not divided you go over to the other side to eat 8) , and everyone just assumes you went to the bathroom :P Wow congrats are in order for varsity; I know that is not an easy feat.

Faith: you just made me very very happy that all the photos I have from my school days were wiped out by the last hurricane (thank you Ike!)

haha.. I shall inform him of that little trick! :D
ImageImageImageImage

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:12 pm

Faith wrote:Those are cool uniforms. So much better than the ones we wore. But you should probably warn him that all these band pics will come back to haunt him in years to come. I've been having some pop up on Facebook from various people and it's been 11 years. :) Like this one:

Haha thats a great picture! :P
ImageImageImageImage

RubyRed
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby RubyRed » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:25 pm

ravenhpltc24 wrote:
RubyRed wrote:
ravenhpltc24 wrote:Nope, I'm a trumpeteer. :supz: We could get a little musical trio going, though!

Me, too! HA! I started out on the French Horn, then went to trumpet and now I've moved on to electric bass. Last year I inherited my great grandmother's violin and I'd like to learn how to play that...but I'm a little scrrd. No frets. :/

M

Oh Ruby, the violin is absolutely my most favorite instrument ever. I want to learn it SOO badly. Frets are for sissies! We're trumpeteers! We've got three buttons for everything! Who needs 'em? :lol:

Ya know, I hadn't thought about it like that. Too true!

M

antialiasis
New arrival

Postby antialiasis » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:44 pm

Um, I guess I will fill this out... although from the looks of the last page this thread has gotten off topic. :shock:

Occupation: Currently unemployed. I'm going to university to study computer science this fall; I have not gotten a summer job, although I have an interview on Thursday.
Interests: Very, very various. Programming, web design, evolutionary biology, psychology, philosophy, quantum physics...
Tell me something random about yourself: I wear my watch on my right hand.
Bret or Jemaine?: Bret! But they're best together. :D

Faith

Postby Faith » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:50 pm

antialiasis wrote:Um, I guess I will fill this out... although from the looks of the last page this thread has gotten off topic. :shock:

Yeah, we tend to do that from time to time. :lol: Welcome to the board! You'll have fun here.

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:28 pm

antialiasis wrote:Um, I guess I will fill this out... although from the looks of the last page this thread has gotten off topic. :shock:

Always happy for it to get back on topic though :) So never worry.

Welcome aboard :)

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:10 pm

Well, I'm still newish, so here's a little bit about me:

Occupation: graphic designer, but I will be starting grad school in Information Studies this fall.
Interests: crocheting, sewing, crafting, photography, margaritas, live music.
Tell me something random about yourself: I've never seen snow.
Bret or Jemaine?: Jemaine!
Image Image

Faith

Postby Faith » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:11 pm

Well, you're definitely living in the right place with interests like margaritas and live music. I miss Austin.

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:20 pm

Wow. You've never seen snow? That sounds so strange :rolleyes: Even though I obviously realise that lots of people haven't...
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

DangerMouse
Consistently Mediocre

Postby DangerMouse » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 am

funny schipperke wrote:Well, I'm still newish, so here's a little bit about me:

I will tell you now it is over-rated :lol:
...if anyone needs me I will be in my office doing madlibs...

bakergirl30

Postby bakergirl30 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:14 am

funny schipperke wrote:Well, I'm still newish, so here's a little bit about me:

Occupation: graphic designer, but I will be starting grad school in Information Studies this fall.
Interests: crocheting, sewing, crafting, photography, margaritas, live music.
Bret or Jemaine?: Jemaine!

You rock.. 1)you live in my most favorite city ever 2) Margaritas bring me much happiness and 3) Live music is awesome! :supz:
Nice to 'meet" you Daniela!
ImageImageImageImage

funny schipperke
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby funny schipperke » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:41 am

Well, you're definitely living in the right place with interests like margaritas and live music. I miss Austin.

Yip... I've lived here for over 6 years, and I love it. I see you live in Houston. I lived there before I moved here, while in undergrad. Houston gets a bad rap, but I really liked it. I miss the restaurants and the art scene. Those are two areas where Houston has Austin beat.

I will tell you now it is over-rated

:lol: That's what I've heard, but I would still like to experience a real snowfall at least once in my life... maybe make a snowman. It "snowed" here last year, but it pretty much melted before it even hit the ground.

You rock.. 1)you live in my most favorite city ever 2) Margaritas bring me much happiness and 3) Live music is awesome! :supz:
Nice to 'meet" you Daniela!

Nice to "meet" you, too! Where in TX do you live?
Image Image

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”