Hi All from Michigan

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
LauraK
Boom King!

Hi All from Michigan

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello everyone! I cannot believe I've gone this long not knowing about FotC. 2 weeks ago I discovered them via a friend's video clip on their MySpace. Man. I've spent hours and hours watching clips on YouTube, a few minutes to friend them at MySpace, a couple of days lamenting the fact that I'd missed getting tix to the show in Detroit at the Fox Theater (just 20 minutes from home), then a couple of anxiety-fraught days praying I could get tix to their second show, for which I now had a password to get in on early, thanks to having friended them at MS! I bought and have been enjoying the heck out of Season 1. On the morning of the pre-sale, I was able to get Front-Row seats in the Orchestra Pit!! :supz: This is my BDay present this year and I could not possibly be more excited.

Well, I guess if Jemaine looks at me....I'll be much more excited. :tonqe:
Pathetic, I know.

Whew. Now that I've gotten the squealy-fangirl stuff out of the way, just let me say how glad I was to find this place where I can be with other fans. I fear I'm driving friends and family crazy with my new obsession but truly....how can they not all immediately become addicted to the humor and talent that is Flight of the Conchords??

I bought Tongan Ninja on eBay lst night.

I'm bidding on Rhys Darby's Imagine That.

More.....more.....more.....need more...... :)

Anyway. Thanks for having me.....
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

kellysouthpaw

Re: Hi All from Michigan

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:55 pm

Hello, nice to meet you and welcome to the madness!

I live in Michigan as well and will also be rocking out from the Orchestra pit for both shows :) Whereabouts in the pit are you?

I'm jealous about your front row seats though, I'm in the 4th row

Trade?

I, of course, am just kidding I'm not. I am. I'm not
Last edited by kellysouthpaw on Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ufotofu
Lost but happy at sea

Postby ufotofu » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:51 pm

You ladies in the first few rows better be careful not to leave the auditorium pregnant with Hiphopapotamus' love children :P
Would you like to see my stimulus package??

TheFool
Half a shapely halibut

Postby TheFool » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Ah, to be a new Flight of the Conchords fan. Sometimes I get jealous seeing new FoTC fanships blossom while with maturity our(fotc's and my) relationship has grown less passionate. I just have to remind myself that we're in a better place, a place those new fans are yet to know. Our passion and energy hath been replaced by love and contentedness. Whatever we do, the Conchords and I will always have each other, and that's all we need. ♥

¡Bienvenidos!
Talkin' about the thyroid

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 pm

kellysouthpaw wrote:Hello, nice to meet you and welcome to the madness!

I live in Michigan as well and will also be rocking out from the Orchestra pit for both shows :) Whereabouts in the pit are you?

I'm jealous about your front row seats though, I'm in the 4th row

Trade?

I, of course, am just kidding I'm not. I am. I'm not

Lol!

Nope, no trading....you might want to keep yours anyway. From the looks of how they sell em, they go from side to side and they started in the pit on the left and started moving right. I got OR2, Row 1, seats 207 & 208. That's Jemaine's side, but further from center than I'd first thought. Oh well, the pit is relatively small compared to the rest so I know we'll still be pretty close.

ufotofu, I'm hoping he'll sing that his rhymes are so potent he made all of the ladies in the orchestra pit pregnant, lol! And I wouldn't be careful a all....Jemaine can impregnate me any time! :oops:

Kelly- we can wave to each other when we feel ourselves become impregnated, lol! :D

TheFool- ah, no worries, I'll be there too one day. I'm sure you and the Conchords still brush your teeth together and sort the recycling on nights other than Wednesday.....
ImageImage

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:50 am

I'll try to use my nice voice and not my "hehe, out-of-towners-I-can-sacrifice-to-the-Detroiters" voice. :twisted:
:lol:

Just remember to tell her that she's not to call or text during showtimes! :D I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear from you after the 8 lets out. I'm going to be bummed that I can't call my Mom after the 11.......
I've been driving her crazy making her watch them on YouTube. She can't borrow the DVD yet...it's still too new to me but she likes them now, too.

Tom's been driving me crazy with the Business Time stuff....you know......
ImageImage

kellysouthpaw

Postby kellysouthpaw » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 am

No one in my family seems that crazy about FOTC. I just have an advanced sense of humor, I guess :D *that's what I keep telling myself, anyway*

The only song that they've all laughed at is "Jenny". Even my sister who goes out of her way NOT to like FOTC. So I think that's quite an accomplishment.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”