Hello from Tennessee

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Hello from Tennessee

Postby Carol » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:15 pm

Hi y'all! Just wanted to say how delighted I am to have found this forum. I realize that I am terribly late to this party, but hope you will understand.
My name is Carol and I'm the grandmother of 8 beautiful grandchildren. My life consists of little more than loving them, going to work, coming home, taking a sleep, rinsing and repeating--day in and day out.
I am a new fan of FotC, but since coming across them, I have read and watched most everything I can find. My CD and DVD are nearly worn out! It was just yesterday that I found y'all. And I read threads until I was bleary eyed.

This is a terrific forum. Sherry, what an outstanding job you do--you and your mods. Amazing. :clap:

I do have a few questions. I saw that there are photo threads? It was too late last night for me to find them. Could somebody tell me where to look? I will reserve my other questions for when my foot is a little more 'in the door'.

It is going to take me forever to read what all is here, but in due time, perhaps. It is awesome to me that some of you have been here for YEARS! You obviously knew a good thing when you spotted it.

Okay, I'm running on too much. Just wanted to say, that I'm glad to be here and hope you don't mind having an old lady amongst you.

Carol

Carol Brown
Giving the paper to the people

Re: Hello from Tennessee

Postby Carol Brown » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:48 pm

Welcome to the forums, fellow Carol! :D You seem like a really swell lady and I hope you have lots of fun here. I was actually visiting Graceland in Tennessee a few days ago, how neat is that?

As for the photo threads, here's the one for Jemaine...: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=988

...and here's the one for Bret:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=497

I'm fairly sure there are other photo threads in their respective forum sections, too. :)
Would you like a little cereal ?

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:41 pm

Hello and welcome Carol :wave: Happy to have you join us :)

Glad you found us. And don't worry about being a bit late to the party as it were. Still lots to look forward to and to catch up on :)

Looking forward to seeing you round the forum :) Enjoy

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:46 pm

welcome yes...have fun...tis a great place here 8)
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Carol

Postby Carol » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:06 pm

Thank you for the nice welcome. I did find the photo threads--my still-reddened eyes will attest to that.

When I said "new", I meant in comparison to most of you who have been here since 2002, is it? That's so amazing! I'm a wee bit jealous that I wasn't in on the "ground floor" sotospeak, but better late than never, right?

I must say, some of the people who post here are SO funny! And not only are they funny, they are very insightful and well-written. I gotta say, I'm just as happy as a pig in slop to have come across this forum.

Again, thanks for the lovely welcome!

PS-Carol Brown--are you from the States? My daughter and her husband lived in Memphis for 4 years while he attended UM. I visited them many, many times and NOT ONCE did we go to Graceland! :roll:

Carol Brown
Giving the paper to the people

Postby Carol Brown » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 am

I'm curently living in the US, but I'm not American. :)

And you should pay a visit to the place, it's absolutely gorgeous! I wasn't a big fan to begin with, but I left the tour wanting to listen to Elvis.
Would you like a little cereal ?

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:10 am

Hi Carol- I'm new, too! Welcome to this great place. :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Carol

Postby Carol » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:07 pm

Hey LauraK-glad to have another newbie to be with me here!

Isn't this just the most entertaining forum ever? I'm a member of several boxing forums, but none are quite as "up to speed" as this. I marvel at how computer savvy most of these people are. All I can do is type. In fact, an admin at one of the boxing site's wrote to tell me that he was surprised I could even log in! (How sad is that?!)

And if anyone cares--I'm a Jemainiac! :boogie: He makes my teeth sweat! (in a very platonic way, you understand. I have children older than he is! Well, one, but the other two are trailing his age closely!) And you know what I think it is? Not that he isn't good looking (well, duh!), but I think it's his facial expressions and his voice. Umm, that voice! Gotta go, Granny's gettin' a little outta control! Aww, yeah. LOL

The "other one" isn't half-bad either! :yawinkle:

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:28 pm

Lol Carol!! Age has nothing to do with who we're attracted to, right? Jemaine is my favorite as well......those lips......those eyes......those fingers.......that voice..... :drool: Awwwwww yeah......

And yis, the other one is pretty nice, too, in a boyishly-sixy kinda way!

Hey, you hang around long enough you'll soon be a pro at pic-posting, making text appear small or large, bolding your words and all sorts of other magical-computer-tricks! :D
There's topic threads to help you learn it all.

I've been on another board for 10 yrs and whatever I know, I learned from them, andthe peeps here have mad-skills too.

There's a terrific thread here teaching how to make an animated avatar/gif/banner whatnot.....that will come in handy cuz I have no idea how to do that!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 pm

Hello my darling Carol! :hug:

Please forgive me in my tardiness in replying to you, but I promise, promise, promise it's coming! I really want to do your amazing note justice, but in the meantime, welcome, sweet one! You're home! :D

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Saucy Minx
New arrival

Postby Saucy Minx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:30 pm

lols to all of the above.
fabulous.

Nancy
Persona Non Regatta

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:56 am

Welcome, Carol! :wave:

Congrats on the 8 grandkids! :supz:
Glad to welcome another "mature" member here on the forum. Yes there are a few of us lurking about! :sofa: :doomed:

But don't worry - all are welcome here, and that's one of the neat things about this forum. I regularly post alongside people my daughter's age (26) and younger, and I feel as though we educate each other. I love it, and I'm sure you will too!!! :thumb:
Oh, fish-like Lady
Lady-like Fish
I don't think so Bro, she's a Lady, Lady, Lady, Lady
No, no, she's a fish that's just a little bit
La-dy-ish! Yeah!

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”