hey hey hey

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Saucy Minx
New arrival

hey hey hey

Postby Saucy Minx » Sat Mar 28, 2009 6:30 am

sooo I'm Angie from Kingston, Canada slash also Toronto

I had seen a couple FoTC videos on youtube that I thought were hilarious but a couple months ago my band The Miss Bennets and I played our first live gig to great success, and afterwards the sound guy told us we were like the female version of FoTC, so obv we got home and hit up youtube cause my bandmates didn't know what FoTC was, we watched a gazillion clips and now they love it and I can't get foux de fa fa out of my head!

anyhow, glad to find this "community". If you're interested in checking out The Miss Bennets go to >> http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Miss- ... 2311491469 not all of our songs are jokesy, but the cheeky ones are Manly Man, Nice Guys Are Boring and Black Hole of Death

yah for female folk parody!

peas out home dizzles!

kellysouthpaw

Re: hey hey hey

Postby kellysouthpaw » Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:03 pm

Hello Angie! As I said on the "10 things about you" thread, I have a heavy inkling that you are an awesome chica! And my heavy inklings are hardly ever wrong ;)

Great to have you here! Post often - and welcome to the madness :)

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:43 pm

Hi Angie- and welcome! I'll def check out your page and your songs. See you around the boards!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:53 pm

Wooooooot! One-time Torontonian, checking in! My mum's side of the family is from Canada, and I went to university at U of T (actually, I'm still there, academically speaking, but I'm doing my graduate research back home in the UK - isn't modern life so complicated?).

Are you at Queens? If you are, insert an insulting, ribald joke about drunken, second-rate, purple-dyed Kingstonians here (it's my duty as a U of T-er to do it, you know it is. :yawinkle: ) But seriously, I'm so glad you're here. And please give my love to my dearest, beloved Chez Piggy, home of the best damn warm spinach and pancetta salad the world has ever seen. Ohhhhh, and the Sleepless Goat. How I long for a swimming pool-sized bowl of cafe au lait from the Goat.

Oh my god, I've got to stop thinking about K-Town food. Curse you for my gurgling tummy, Saucy! :D

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

Saucy Minx
New arrival

Postby Saucy Minx » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:20 pm

hahahaha, yes I'm at Queen's in beautiful Kingston with its beautiful prisons! I won't insult UofT because I may apply to take my masters there...

nngghhhmmm Chez Piggy is to die for, every dish there is amazing plus their patio in the summer is lovely. I've only been to the sleepless goat one time but I had a spectacular sweet potato quesadilla, yumba! Have you ever been to pan chancho? I'm applying to work there but I'm afraid I will double my body mass taking home all those treats, mmm

Where are you in England? my mum's side is British (she grew up in London) and I did my first year of University at the Queen's Castle near Eastbourne (hey look, we're opposites!)

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:12 am

welcome, hello and cheers. there's a great group of peeps around this joint :)
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”