Well, a little bit of victoria canada action for you

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
Chavoc
New arrival

Well, a little bit of victoria canada action for you

Postby Chavoc » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:44 am

How goes! I had checked out the site some times in the past, and now I am shamelessly making an account to go look for tickets.

I figured i would try and redeem myself slightly by posting here first!

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Well, a little bit of victoria canada action for you

Postby LauraK » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:18 pm

Best of luck in your ticket search....I hope you make it to one of the shows! I know I'm over the moon to be going! :)

Welcome!
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Chavoc
New arrival

Postby Chavoc » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:16 pm

me too :D we need to convince them maybe that there are more FOTC fans in vancouver than they realize. The venue just isnt big enough! More shows or bigger venue i say :D

Arena show! :P

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi there! Fingers crossed for you in the ticket hunt! And hey, while you're waiting, feel free to take off your coat and stay a while! It's great to see new friends pop up on WTF, but I'm hoping that you'll stick around. Do do do do do do. Stick around. :yawinkle:

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

dandy lyons
Consistently Mediocre

Postby dandy lyons » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:53 pm

Chavoc wrote:me too :D we need to convince them maybe that there are more FOTC fans in vancouver than they realize. The venue just isnt big enough! More shows or bigger venue i say :D

I'm not so sure if it's as much the city than the fact that most people who live in Western Canada are trying for the Vancouver show since it's the only other Canadian date. I've heard from loads of people who are driving down from the interior and out of province. In any case it's going to be quite different than the last time the guys played Vancouver. :lol: I don't think there will be any seats occupied by shopping bags this time. :yawinkle:

Good luck with finding tickets! *fingers crossed* :D
Gar·funk·ling (verb) Funky cuddling with the candles twinkling.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:10 am

best to you on the ticket search and welcome to the funky, funky playground...
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Chavoc
New arrival

Postby Chavoc » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:31 am

dandy lyons wrote:
Chavoc wrote:me too :D we need to convince them maybe that there are more FOTC fans in vancouver than they realize. The venue just isnt big enough! More shows or bigger venue i say :D

I'm not so sure if it's as much the city than the fact that most people who live in Western Canada are trying for the Vancouver show since it's the only other Canadian date. I've heard from loads of people who are driving down from the interior and out of province. In any case it's going to be quite different than the last time the guys played Vancouver. :lol: I don't think there will be any seats occupied by shopping bags this time. :yawinkle:

Good luck with finding tickets! *fingers crossed* :D

awww where did they play before? How many years ago was it? I have been a long time fan, but I seldom actually hear about any concert announcements for anything... I just react after the fact :S

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:37 pm

Cripes, it was back in 2001 or some such they played Canada and people were clamouring to get out of the venue before they had finished the set. OK, one person and she snuck out. But the gigs were certainly much smaller venues back then.

They also played the odd comedy festival here and there.

Welcome btw :)

Chavoc
New arrival

Postby Chavoc » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:37 am

do you think it was their show that made them big? not many people have hbo really...

maybe youtube?

I know here in vancouver, one of the best (ok ok, THE BEST) radio station the FOX would often play their business song (the version off youtube, aka the best version) on wednesday (hump day) and they would always get lots of phone in asking who it is, and they would direct them to youtube to find more. Maybe it is just that. A lot of word of mouth

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 am

In the US it was YouTube that got them known after the HBO special had aired. Even the guys admitted that in interviews. They had been around for a long time before the HBO show came along.

However in the UK, NZ (and to some extent Australia) it was their live shows, new ones each year from 2002-2004 that got them attention. The Edinburgh Fringe is big news and to be nominated for a Perrier award is a big thing. So their nom in 2003 got them a lot of attention and press. Plus they were kind of like the comedians favourites, there was a lot of buzz around them. Also back in NZ the guys work doing lots of different projects so are known there.

They played each Fringe for 3 years and toured the UK and Ireland also. In NZ they were well known on the comedy circuit as its very small in comparison to the UK, US and elsewhere.

Then they did the BBC radio series in 2005 and that brought in more fans in the UK.

The whole making it big thing is more for the US. Elsewhere they were doing just fine ;)

Spumony5000
Stop touching the monkeys

Postby Spumony5000 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:52 am

Welcome and good luck with the ticket search.
Do you want to borrow my jumper Bowie?

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”