Greetings from Los Angeles

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
vmh
Crying tears of a rapper

Greetings from Los Angeles

Postby vmh » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi everyone! Another new member here. My name is Vanessa. I'm a 23 year old college student. I'm actually from a suburb about an hour's drive east of Los Angeles. Close enough. I haven't had the chance to see them live which is a little sad because they've played here a few times over the past few years. I'm planning to see them at The Greek Theatre in May (even though I don't have tickets...yet!).

Sidenote: So, if anyone has tickets to spare, I'd be happy to buy them off of you. :D

I was first introduced to FOTC when I saw a teaser for their HBO show. You know the one-they're in the hallway with their guitars. But I don't have HBO, or a television for that matter so it wasn't until I was on vacation in Chicago in August 2007 (the hotel had HBO) that I got to see one of the episodes: New Fans. My sister and I had been exploring the city that day until a storm broke out early in the afternoon. We retreated back to the hotel and if it wasn't for that storm, we might have never seen the series. It was fate. Fate, I tell you! And I've been hooked ever since.

Anyways, I'm really glad I found the forum! I've been checking it out for about a month before I decided to join. It'll be a pleasure meeting all of you!

-Vanessa
James Bobin: “It’s like a five-year-old and a three-year-old. Jemaine’s the five-year-old, and Bret’s the three-year-old. They’re both wrong, but the five-year-old thinks he’s right.”

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Greetings from Los Angeles

Postby LauraK » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:21 pm

Definitely fate! :D Welcome to the boards....I'm still a newb myself but love it here.

I'm sure you saw there's a thread dedicated to folks looking for/selling tickets. I hope you have good luck and are able to get some.

See you around! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Hello, V! Lovely to meet you!

I hope you have good luck in finding tickets to see the boys - we'll keep our eyes peeled for ya. :wink: And thank goodness for fortuitous weather events, eh? All kinds of good things happen in the rain, I find. Life is a funny old thing that way. Anyway, welcome! We're really pleased to have you on board. :D

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

ardy
Redheads not warheads

Postby ardy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:13 am

one more to rock the party! yay! welcome!
...Detroit - City of Tomorrow...

take this sinking boat and point it home..we've still got time...

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:17 pm

Good to have you join us :) Hoping you are able to get tickets to see the guys live.

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”