Hello!!!

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
PhasersOnFunky
New arrival

Hello!!!

Postby PhasersOnFunky » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:09 am

Hi everyone!

So glad to have found you guys!! :D I figured I better join in here because where I live, NO ONE understands my obsession with FOTC. I've played/showed them to a bunch of people, but the only ones who get it (kind of) are my kids. And I edit a bunch of parts out for them (gotta be a good mom!! :wink: ) so they don't really get the whole effect of the FOTC experience. For those who haven't tried...don't even bother trying to edit Mutha' 'Uckers for young children. The only part I could comfortably (for me anyways) let the kids listen to was "Mango!!" and "Cut the cra' I need my red delicious".

So I am going to see the boys in Boston on Friday, April 17. I shocked myself and ended up with 10 row seats on Bret's side. That show is this Friday and I am SOME excited to see them. I am going to try and sneak a camera in and take video/pics so I will post what I can after the show!!!

A little about me....single mom (divorced), 3 kids ages 7, 9 and 12. Registered Nurse (emergency department) living in Maine, USA. I have been a fan of FOTC for a little over a year now (better late than never!!!). My brother sent me a YouTube video of "Business Time" and I have been hooked ever since.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!!

-Dee
Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, I'm thinkin' what I'm thinkin'.
So you're not thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, cuz you're thinkin' I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin'.

LauraK
Boom King!

Re: Hello!!!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:21 am

Welcome Dee! Exciting stuff, huh?? I'm going on the 24th- can't wait! :) Be careful with your camera and then get here and tell us everything! :D
Maybe you can meet up with some other WTF-ers....you've probably found it already but if not, check the Concert Gigs threads.

You live in Stephen King Mecca. I came to Maine in 2004 with over 25 internet friends from around the world who met on a King bb. We've been friends for almost 10 yrs. We're planning another meet next year and I'd love to see more of your beautiful state.
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

ASmallTurnip
-- MASTER CRIMINAL -- Root Vegetable Violence a Specialty

Postby ASmallTurnip » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:52 am

Hello, friend! We're so very glad you decided to join in the fun! I can't wait to hear about your experiences seeing the boys live. Jump on in, the water's fine! :D

Whereabouts in Maine are you located? I shyly consider myself an honorary Mainer myself - I spent all my childhood summers at camp near Blue Hill, and my family has a lovingly ramshackle summer cottage right on the coast of Southport Island, near Boothbay Harbor. I love it so very, very much there. I dream at night of whoopie pies and fish chowdah and lobster rolls so buttery sweet you could eat one and die happy.

I've heard it's been an absolutely brutal winter Downeast. Brrrrrrr! Is it warming up a bit your way? I hope so!

.:: She's got two jobs. She's a pastry chef and a sniper ::.

PhasersOnFunky
New arrival

Postby PhasersOnFunky » Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:16 pm

Hi Turnip and Laura!

I live in central Maine, kind of near Augusta. My dad was in the military so I didn't grow up here, but I was born here and all of my extended family lives here.

Laura, Stephen King lives about 45 minutes away from where I live. If and when you come back and you need some suggestions of some cool places to visit let me know!! I love lobster rolls, but I'll pass on the whoopie pies though (I know, I'm weird!!). :lol:

Turnip, I love the Boothbay Harbor area. It's so beautiful there. It has started to warm up a bit, almost all of the snow has melted (just some patches left under trees and such). It's supposed to get up to 58 degrees F on Friday. Might be time to get out the shorts!!!
Are you thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, I'm thinkin' what I'm thinkin'.
So you're not thinkin' what I'm thinkin'?
No, cuz you're thinkin' I'm thinkin' what you're thinkin'.

LauraK
Boom King!

Postby LauraK » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:04 pm

Ok PoF- I'll do that! Though, I'll take the whoopie pie and pass on the water bugs, thanks. :wink:

When everyone was there, I only got 2 days since the hub had surprised me with the idea of actually going as part of a vacation. So we also hit Niagara Falls and had meant to go to Six Flags on the way home but it was raining. Oh I was mad. We could've stayed in Maine longer....grrrr. Anywho, the others went whale watching in Bah Hahbah :) and we, of course, went to all the places that are in King's books: The Standpipe, the birdbath, the Barrens, Paul Bunyan statue, bassey Park, Mt Hope Cemetery, and of course- Betts Bookstore. :) And we went to his house and took many many pics. :oops:

Spring is here if it's getting warm in Maine! :)
ImageImage
Friends are the family you choose for yourself.Image

Sherry
Professional Blonde

Postby Sherry » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:18 pm

Hey Dee, good to have you join us :)

Looking forward to hearing all about the Boston gig :)

Carol
Registered Rhymnecologist

Postby Carol » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:40 am

Hi Dee! I feel a little odd welcoming you as I am a new member myself. But there are a great number of wonderful people on this site and I know you will enjoy it.
Have a great time in Boston at the show tomorrow night. You are definitely in for a treat.
I got the same reaction to showing people clips and episodes from the show--most just didn't quite 'get it'. But when they did, it was such a joy to witness!
Again, welcome!

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”