I sound like Marilyn Munro...

New to Flight of The Conchords? Or just new to the site and forums? Either way, please take a minute to stop by and say hello. Cheers!
ZebraWarriorPrincess
Posing like a swan

Re: I sound like Marilyn Munro...

Postby ZebraWarriorPrincess » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:30 pm

Peaches wrote:Hi Everyone!

I'm hightailing on Helen's thread because I am a lurker (for about a year...) from Oz too :)

(and also 'know' Helen from another board :) )

I'm 26, work in an office, and get quite bored. So I will probably post on here a fair bit.. :D

I'm not really off to a good start, I can't fit any of my gifs in my profile pic!

Hi Peaches!! :D

I get bored at work too - can read here, but can't post due to sneaky IT evilness.

I need a Iphone!
It's a psychological analogy

Bikkits
New arrival

Postby Bikkits » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:02 am

I, too, am hightailing hel's post to introduce myself.

Name's Bikkits (which is a nickname of my nickname, which is Biscuit, but you already have a Biscuit!). I'm from Melbourne, half Aussie half Kiwi (oooohhh...). I'm 22, I graduated from uni last year and I'm spending this year deciding what to do with my useless degree whilst supervising at an awful awful awful callcentre, which I milk for free bandwidth (watching fotc s2 right now).

Re: conchords; I've had a weird relationship with them for a year or two, in that I've been completely obsessed with One Night Stand and Folk the World for a long time, and the thought of their HBO series scared me, so I avoided it, for several reasons, all of which make me sound ridiculous and which I have since profusely rejected.

I'm now an all around conchords lover, and I've been lurking here for several months but only joined up today. You all seem like lovely folk and I'm looking forward to getting nice and comfy here. :D (I probably should have posted this in the big newbie thread, but hey.)

P.S Av and sign are on the way - I'm a wee bit technoretarded.

P.P.S Hi Hel and Peaches :)

helgecko
David Bowie's nipple antennae

Postby helgecko » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:13 am

Biscuit!!! :D (or, you know, Bikkits...)
you've joined us! :D

I feel like some weird pied piper.... :worry:

So glad you decided to join though, we can have a mad Aussie party :supz:
It's all about the music.

Image Image Image Image

Bikkits
New arrival

Postby Bikkits » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:18 am

*feels loved*

It's much less scary starting up new somewhere else if you follow someone ahead of you! (That's why I posted in here first... :oops: ) So much conchordian goodness on here - I'm stuck in the Bret pic thread and can't/won't find my way out!

And yeah, Bikkits it is. Trick used to call me that on the Other Forum. Now I feel like I have two identities; one I think I'll be spending more time with than the other...

Aaaaanyway thanks for the welcome darlin :lol:
Why do I get double stuffed?

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:35 am

*big hugs* (look! you can hug people here: :hug: cool huh? :D)

And the Bret pic thread is a wonderful place to get lost. I spent several very happy weeks in there before sending up a flare :wink:

I do love the "Bikkits" name variation, tres cute :D

Image Image Image Image

biscuit
Give me some scruff and a leather jacket...or just the scruff

Postby biscuit » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:44 am

Hi and welcome, Bikkit :D

I love your name :lol: Now all we need is a Bickie and the confusion will be complete. Not that this forum is in any way short on crackers...

Also I have to say that I like to see more Aussies and/or Kiwis in here as the mornings can be pretty boring in here for a European, cause the Yanks are all still asleep and apparently the other Europeans don't spend their working hours surfing the web :roll:

Looking forward to the contributions promised in the Bret thread :wink:
Thanks to Ariadne at RAC for my gorgeous new avi :-)

Bikkits
New arrival

Postby Bikkits » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:59 am

When Bikkits met Biscuit...

Nice to meetcha, thanks for the lovely welcome. I'm glad us Aussies/Kiwis can provide some entertainment during the Yankless hours.

Loving all these emoticons, btw. Particularly the big delicious beer one. :drinkers:

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:03 am

Bikkits wrote:Loving all these emoticons, btw. Particularly the big delicious beer one. :drinkers:

I always figured that was a large coke... I guess you see what you want to see 8) :lol:

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:06 am

Diffinately a big delicious Guinness :lol:

unless... I guess it could be a coke float/ spider (do other countries even have those?)

Image Image Image Image

biscuit

Postby biscuit » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:13 am

I have no idea what you're talking about, Hel. (I don't live in an English speaking country though, so that might be why.) Enlighten me?

helgecko

Postby helgecko » Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:49 am

It may be an Aussie thing, it's just a glass of coke with a scoop of ice-cream floating in it. Surprisingly delicious :D

Image Image Image Image

Bikkits
New arrival

Postby Bikkits » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:03 pm

Coke floats are the shizznit. Every country should have them.

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:15 pm

biscuit wrote:
Bikkits wrote:Loving all these emoticons, btw. Particularly the big delicious beer one. :drinkers:

I always figured that was a large coke... I guess you see what you want to see 8) :lol:

Haha, that's what I see as well :lol:

Welcome to the forum Bikkits and Peaches! Great to have more Aussies on board. I would love to visit Australia some day, especially since I have family over in Melbourne and Sydney :)

And yes a friend from Australia told me about 'coke float'. It may be an Aussie thing since I hadn't heard of it before. Sounds quite cool :)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Bikkits
New arrival

Postby Bikkits » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:23 pm

You don't have to have them with coke, either. Any softdrink works. Blue heaven is a particularly good one, seeing as its blue.

And thanks for the wilcome, Venus! :D It's nice to be welcomed as an Aussie, what with us being evil and all, haha. I'm not a proper Aussie anyway, I'm first gen, mum is English and dad is a Kiwi, and I did a lot of my younger schooling in London. We should do a swap - you come visit your rellies in Melb and I'll visit mine in London!

Venus
She did indeed have the time of her life

Postby Venus » Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:38 pm

Bikkits wrote:You don't have to have them with coke, either. Any softdrink works. Blue heaven is a particularly good one, seeing as its blue.

And thanks for the wilcome, Venus! :D It's nice to be welcomed as an Aussie, what with us being evil and all, haha. I'm not a proper Aussie anyway, I'm first gen, mum is English and dad is a Kiwi, and I did a lot of my younger schooling in London. We should do a swap - you come visit your rellies in Melb and I'll visit mine in London!

Oh really, that's cool! Haha that swap is a fantastic idea, deal! ;)
For the latest Bret & Jemaine related news updates:
'Like' What The Folk! on Facebook
&
Follow What The Folk! on Twitter

Return to “Introduce yourself - Feel free say hello here before posting. Thanks”